Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-20, 09:20 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Manley and Kittybug I wasn't going to do Tabatacise today but you guys talked me into it. Wow, was that FUN, FUN, FUN!! But boy, was it HARD, HARD, HARD!! I had to modify the tuck jumps, I just can't do those and there were some tabatas that I didn't finish the entire 20 seconds which gave me a longer recovery between them. I think my ideal for this workout would be 15 or 20 second recoveries (which basically was what I was taking on some of them when I didn't finish the tabata drills). I really love cardio and I like the variety in this. I should also state that my jumps were not as high as Cathe and my range of motion was not as deep, but I definitely was working at my limit.

I really liked the music towards the end of Tabata 3 - it just made me want to move and groove. Hahaha. And I like that Cathe even admits that it is a hard workout. No kidding!!

So it's not my imagination that this workout is a lot harder than the first Hiit workout she did with the Shock Cardio series, right? I mean, first of all, it's 45 minutes and those are only around 30 minutes. Also the rests are a lot longer in those workouts IIRC. I really like her Hiit workouts.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Kim
I'm so glad you did it Kim!! Yay You!! Wasn't it FUN!! I really love that the time just flies in the XTrain workouts! It seems like every workout I've done in this series is fresh, fun, and time just flies. Lots of variety,fun routines, good music. I noticed on one of Cathe's newsletters recently that XTrain won for being the best Cathe series. I see why!

Oh, and don't think I don't modify!! My jumps aren't as high as Cathe's either and I had to "rewind" a few times to be prepared for the next move. So I know I had little breaks in there that were longer than 10 seconds. I love the cardio, variety, and music too.

Thanks for spurring me on ladies! I appreciate all of you!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 09:26 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post

Manleym- I like the weighted wall squat section in X-Train Legs. Great Glutes is one of my favorite leg workouts because of the diverse and the variety of exercises that Cathe chose. Great Glutes is one of the easier Cathe leg workouts (along with Lean Legs and Abs).
Thanks Horusosiris! I love Great Glutes too! I'll have to look at that weighted wall squat section. I'm guessing Cathe uses a ball, which I don't have.
Old 04-30-20, 09:35 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Just hopping on here really quick to say Kim and Manleym, that fourth tabata got me really good and I had to actually pause in between those two rounds to take a longer breath too! Can we say wiped out???

And was it just me, or did it seem like Cathe started some of the tabatas early and cut some of the recoveries short? I just know I was watching that dang countdown timer and was like hey, we're jumping already, WHERE IS IT, and then it would start. Then we'd finish and the timer would already say '7' instead of '10' or something. Or maybe I was just gasping for air so badly I missed it, hah hah hah!!!

I'm looking forward to trying that one again next week after getting some sleep to see if that helps, hah!

Manleym, it's been ages since I did Great Glutes but in my notes it says 'might be my new favorite lower body workout of hers' so that says something! I love that set too, the no-name 2013 (?) set. And I too haven't yet tried Xtrain legs. I'm doing Cardio Leg Blast today so it will have to wait for next week.

Stay fierce everyone!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 10:05 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Just hopping on here really quick to say Kim and Manleym, that fourth tabata got me really good and I had to actually pause in between those two rounds to take a longer breath too! Can we say wiped out???

And was it just me, or did it seem like Cathe started some of the tabatas early and cut some of the recoveries short? I just know I was watching that dang countdown timer and was like hey, we're jumping already, WHERE IS IT, and then it would start. Then we'd finish and the timer would already say '7' instead of '10' or something. Or maybe I was just gasping for air so badly I missed it, hah hah hah!!!

I'm looking forward to trying that one again next week after getting some sleep to see if that helps, hah!

Manleym, it's been ages since I did Great Glutes but in my notes it says 'might be my new favorite lower body workout of hers' so that says something! I love that set too, the no-name 2013 (?) set. And I too haven't yet tried Xtrain legs. I'm doing Cardio Leg Blast today so it will have to wait for next week.

Stay fierce everyone!!
Kittybug I think you’re right about some shorter breaks. Cathe did say a few times that she was giving longer breaks but I was thinking “that didn’t feel longer at all, maybe 2 seconds longer?” I did like that she was obviously working to her edge right along with us. It wasn’t easy for her either!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 10:19 AM  
manleym

Agree with you both Kittybug and Kim. Some of the breaks did seem shorter and sometimes Cathe count and the timer were just a tad off. I was watching the timer too, Kittybug! And agree that Tabata 4 gets ya good! Tabata 1 and 4 are the hardest for me.
Old 04-30-20, 10:41 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello my friends....do the days seem to go by faster with covid and staying at home? Time sure flies..now it's the end of April.

cataddict: You used a 10 inch step for Imax?!?! Even back in your 20s. Talk about fierce! I did that once with a Body Step workout once and couldn't figure out why my legs were on FIRE! LOL. Way to go!

Kim: I used to just wear crappy stuff for working out but slowly have acquired some fun shorts and tops. Nothing fancy but it is nice to have comfy clothes to exercise in.

Sue: I finally got a change in status...at least it accepted the info I plugged in...before it went nowhere. I have been told that many people are still waiting. Sigh.

Kim: I'm looking forward to the Xtrain set. I've done it before, but sure is fun! I always wear gloves when I do kickboxing/boxing workouts. You guys stay safe!

manleym: I think you sell yourself short! You seem to put several great workouts together. I say you just do your own sweet fierce things! You rock! I live in the country and it is tough gardening with all the critters. I even put an 8 foot fence around my garden and deer jumped right over it.

kittybug: I finally got a pending message at IRS but no specific date yet. So must be getting closer. I hope for you too! Xtrain is a great set!

horusosiris: I sure hear you about one day fading into the next. With not working my schedule is all messed up. But I've developed a little routine and keep checking the calendar too.
Glad you hear you are also doing Yoga. I'd die without it!

ChelePA: I've been contemplating renewing my Cathe Live subscription but alas, will have to wait until I go back to work. Not that I don't have PLENTY of workouts!! But her Lives are so much fun! I LOVE working my core...your long workout sounds great!

bee: I LOVE LOVE LOVE slow and heavy weight lifting. It's not boring when your muscles are quivering! Amy Bento's Slo Mo Strength Challenge is also good. I found the full workout on YouTube a while back but now I can't find it.

So backtracking a little.
On Tuesday I was all set to do Imax 3. Got thru the warmup and then got very choreo challenged and frustrated. I putzed around for a while then took it out and put in a Body Attack instead. I'm just going to have to watch I3 a few times then try it again.

Yesterday I did Cathe Live 238 PHA Plus Cardio Blasts. I had purchased this download last year and it's SO much fun and talk about sweaty mess! Cardio blast, lower body strength, upper body strength. Almost totally non stop! PHA is right! I really like her different PHA workouts. Step Boss PHA is one of my favs. The only dvd in that set that I bought.

Today I did a new LMOD Body Step 118. Again, sweaty mess! And my basement is actually chilly! I know I'm working hard when sweat hits the floor!

Next week with be a mix of Hardcore series and a few stragglers I missed.

I gave up on Terminator. For now....it has not beat me...I just want to move on with you all!

Take care...big hugs...hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I love you too and am SO glad to have this room to talk to you all in!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 12:39 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello!

You guys have me wanting to try SuperCuts again! But maybe not Tabatacize. Not to mention Great Glutes -- I think I may do that tomorrow to make up for not doing 4DS leg work.

KateTT, I used to have that Amy Bento Slo Mo one, but I'm not sure if I still do -- I may have traded it away. I'll have to look for it -- that would be good to pull out, too. I thought about you as I was doing my triceps work this morning -- you definitely can go way heavier than I for that work! You must have a very inviting garden for the deer to jump over the fence! We have a cord that we've topped off our fencing with -- takes it to maybe 8 or 9 feet. It used to keep them out -- hopefully it will this year too.

Yesterday I took a complete rest day. Think I needed it. Today I did 4DS Boot Camp.

Have a great day..... hopefully stimulus money will show up for people soon!
Old 04-30-20, 12:42 PM  
momofcha

I loved Supercuts. For you experts what’s the difference between that and afterburn?

Today was kettlebells - body armor conditioning 1 and some essentrics core.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 02:09 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I loved Supercuts. For you experts what’s the difference between that and afterburn?
Sue - In this review of Supercuts she does a comparison to AfterBurn. I agree with her assessments. https://2lazy4gym.com/2013/01/11/xtrain-super-cuts/

Kate - you are making me want to try Body Step 118! Since you mentioned new shorts and tops, what are your favorites?

Bee-Slow Mo is another good Amy workouts. When I do a slow and heavy rotation I sometimes mix Amy's Slo Mo, Cathe's Slow and Heavy series with Sagis' Tempo workouts.
Today I competed week 2 of the program. It was an upper body workout. So far I am really enjoying this rotation. DH likes it too. Afterwards I did today's Cathe Live - 295 Stepped Up Boot Camp. I would say that this was a metabolic workout. It was 43 minutes with fives rounds. Each round had cardio, upper body, core, and lower body exercises. It would was not one of Cathe's most strenuous workouts but it was not on the easy side either. You could ramp it up or down depending on your weight selections. If you want to keep pace with Cathe, then your weight selections would most likely need to be on the lighter side.

Enjoy your Thursday
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 03:20 PM  
momofcha

Thanks Regina. She basically just said she likes Supercuts more but Afterburn is more intense? I’ve done them both and agree, so I guess there isn’t much difference between them.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in