Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-17-19, 05:53 PM  
Leonana

Is Wendy wanting the forum to end? That's the only reason I can think of to not appoint moderators.

No judgment from me regarding that if it is her wish, but it would probably be good to let everyone know.
Old 12-17-19, 06:18 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

My DH maintains a website all on his own and has done so for years with little to no support. What was originally a hobby and of special interest to him has become a full time job. Thankfully, he is retired now but he worries that all that he has created will one day go away, when he is gone. No one has the skill necessary for him to pass the torch and it would not be as simple to find someone with all they would need to know to take over.

Maybe to maintain VF is a little more complicated than we all know, to keep it going for the long term. But, it would be wonderful to have a couple moderators step in, for now. For however long we can have this community to come to.

I don't know what Wendy's situation is, but maybe it would be helpful to take a moment to lift her up in prayer. For many years this site has enriched my life, with the people I've met (or through the posts I've read.) If we can reflect on the positive and stay active here, maybe something will come of it?

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-19, 09:47 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I don't remember who it was, but someone up thread or in another discussion who has knowledge of these things -- at least keeping up with the bot problems and weeding out legitimate new member requests -- volunteered to do it. I don't think anything ever came of it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-19, 10:04 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Are new members at least able join VF?
There are new "Newest Members" on the top forum index page, though I don't monitor such matters closely and have no special knowledge of what's happening there.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-19, 01:59 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch View Post
There are new "Newest Members" on the top forum index page, though I don't monitor such matters closely and have no special knowledge of what's happening there.
The newest one was added December 18, so it looks like new members are being added.
Old 12-19-19, 07:13 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Actually, how do I contact Wendy? I have a specific question to do with my support subscription.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 07:15 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Joni usually can contact her via Facebook.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 07:42 AM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I have mixed feelings on this issue. I can see where VF may have become too much to handle when life issues became overwhelming.

Still, I feel that Wendy should have made an announcement long ago that she was distancing herself from VF and to ask for assistance.

Many would step up to help.
Thank you for saying this. You are beloved enough on VF to not have everyone pounce on you when you express this thought. Others are not as fortunate.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 07:48 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Wendy will look into it after the holidays. I reached out to her.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 09:35 AM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

Thank you, Joni!

Tags
abandonware, moderators, mods, vf future, wendy