Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-17, 11:45 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

one more Silver Series thread:
New/Upcoming Release For Mari Winsor fans - Winsor Pilates Silver Series

EDITED TO ADD:
Donna D provided reviews of the basic set. Did anyone receive and try the Deluxe Silver Series? wondering about the run times and the intensity.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-17, 09:06 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

duplicates of some of Winsor Slimming Pilates

Most of these have been noted, but not all of them were mentioned in this thread.

Cardio Pilates contains 2 segments from Winsor Slimming Pilates of the Fit & Famous.
PFF's Cardio Pilates chapter is on the Cardio Pilates DVD, renamed Quick Fix
PFF's Lower Body chapter is also on the Cardio Pilates DVD, same name/lower body.

Bootcamp Express was released as a kit with 1-lb weights. Its cover art shows someone doing a floor exercise, but the entire workout is standing and a bit dancy.
Winsor Slimming Pilates Rapid Results has 2 workouts, the Bootcamp Express and On the Go.

I think this has not been previously mentioned: Gaiam's Mari Winsor: Pilates (2009) contains 2 workouts, a 55-minute in-depth classic mat workout and a 25-minute express workout. These are the same workouts as Winsor Slimming Pilates Power Pilates (55 min) and Shortcut to Slim (25 min).
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 08:49 AM  
TinaT

OMGoodness! I didn't realize there were so many. I just picked up 4 titles at a local thrift store for only $2.00 each. All were new/sealed. I'm excited to try them, but now I'm wondering what I "need" from this HUGE list. Question for the OP: What have your results been with Winsor? You obviously love her workouts.

I have never tried any of them until now, so I'm always looking for good results stories.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-19, 12:22 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Most of these have been noted, but not all of them were mentioned in this thread.

Cardio Pilates contains 2 segments from Winsor Slimming Pilates of the Fit & Famous.
PFF's Cardio Pilates chapter is on the Cardio Pilates DVD, renamed Quick Fix
PFF's Lower Body chapter is also on the Cardio Pilates DVD, same name/lower body.

Bootcamp Express was released as a kit with 1-lb weights. Its cover art shows someone doing a floor exercise, but the entire workout is standing and a bit dancy.
Winsor Slimming Pilates Rapid Results has 2 workouts, the Bootcamp Express and On the Go.

I think this has not been previously mentioned: Gaiam's Mari Winsor: Pilates (2009) contains 2 workouts, a 55-minute in-depth classic mat workout and a 25-minute express workout. These are the same workouts as Winsor Slimming Pilates Power Pilates (55 min) and Shortcut to Slim (25 min).
Cynthia, thanks so much for this information.

i see that Saul Choza has taken up the helm with Mari's legacy.

i wonder how Mari is doing these days.... i think about her when i do her workouts.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 09-03-20, 11:45 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Individual titles from G-R:
  • The Back Workout and Flexibility & Strength Training
  • Pilates on the Ball
  • Pilates for Men

Dynamic Sculpting Ball:
  • 20 Minute Rapid Sculpting/Total Body Dynamic Sculpting
  • was there a separate disc using the mini ball?
The 2 ball DVDs - i have some questions.

1) Pilates on the Ball - is this the same as "Ball Workout" (2004) in the link below, and does it use a 55-65 cm (22-25") sized ball (the large stability balls that you could sit on)?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GWC42U8...9126258&sr=8-2

2) The "Dynamic Sculpting Ball" DVD (2007) appears to use a smaller air-filled ball - is the diameter for this around 9" (23 cm)?

3) If you have or had both, which DVD is better? There's a VF review of the first one, but none for the Dynamic Sculpting ball DVD. How many workouts are on the first DVD? The second one appears to have 2 workouts.

Thanks, Winsor aficionadi!

Old 09-03-20, 12:41 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi Jeannine,

1 - Yes, the Pilates on the Ball (between back workout and the men's workout up there) is the Guthy-Renker one pictures in your link.

2 - I use a not overly inflated (hmm, Patriots?) Pilates mini ball for the Dynamic Sculpting. I've seen it called a barre ball or squishy ball too.

3 - I'll have to check what's on the Dynamic DVD when I get home. Good excuse to do some Winsor tonight. I'll check back in!

PS - I reacquired the G-R stability ball one and the second time didn't really care for it. I prefer the mini ball ones.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 09:59 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I've had the large ball Winsor twice and it's not a keeper for me.

I got the mini ball Winsor set years ago and have kept it. It has 2 ball workouts. IIRC, the shorter one is an express version of the longer one. I have a sticky note in the case that the inner thigh work doesn't repeat for the second side but you can hit the rewind button and do your second side. The third workout doesn't use the ball, it's cardio-ish and may be the same as on another Winsor DVD. The mini ball that came originally with the DVD is slightly larger than barre balls or Bender ball, but not by much, maybe an inch or so.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 09:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks Cynthia! I didn't get around to doing Pilates last night to check on it.

I do recall that the cardio is Accelerated Fat Burning Workout or something along those lines. It is the same goofy cardio workout that Mari put on all her systems from those days.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everything winsor pilates, mini ball, pilates ball, winsor, winsor ball, winsor pilates, winsor slimming pilates, winsor videography