Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-06-19, 03:17 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Welcome SuzieC! I see you are a fellow Canuck, where are you located? I live on Vancouver Island, but I’m in Australia right now for 2 months.

I strayed from the challenge today & taught my DH and a friend Precho 1. I also did some Jessica Smith cardio & a yoga class.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 2 - September 2018

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"Its not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently. - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 07:16 AM  
BamaTanya

2/5: Episode 1105 - Waist Toning

I'm doing the Classical Stretch episodes in the evenings, but I'm starting the day with Lee Holden's 30 Day Challenge. I've been doing that since January 1 and restarted for February. I'm surprised by some of the similar moves. I'm enjoying these gentle beginnings and endings to my day.

I do feel the need to add more, but I'm happy to be building this habit.
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 08:30 AM  
SuzieC

@BamaTanya: I'm also glad to be building this habit. I feel better already. I have to check out Lee Holden. I've been hearing his name on this thread and I don't know who he is. Surprising for a long-time vidiot like me!

@Julie: Congratulations!

@yogapam: Hello fellow Canuck! I'm from Montreal.

Full body toning for me today! One of my favourites!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 08:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I'm renewing my ETV membership for a couple of months.

Have there been any new classes added on the gentler side? I'm also looking for recommendations on breaking the habit of tucking my pelvis all the time, causing low back strain. I had gotten away from that when using Essentrics formerly, but it's back now. Thanks
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 08:50 AM  
Izzy

Hello, Hello...

Mother nature is not done with us yet. February has already shown it's weather related challenges. We got some warmer weather that brought 2 days of rain and fog on top of the 20" plus of snow we had on the ground. Which means, flooding on top of the fog. My library had 2 areas of leaking gutters and roof. Then yesterday brought us another major ice storm. Outside right now it's like walking on a glass of crushed ice. It's supposed to warm up a little (30's) then another ice storm tonight. Not done yet..then another deep freeze.

Julie, congrats on Level 1!! That is so awesome.

I am doing the challenge but moving the chess pieces (workouts) around a little to work with my crazy schedule this week.

February 1-45 mins shoveling. Essentrics/Meg/Core and Abs
February 2-Essentrics/Body Sculpting/Lower body, QiGong/Day 5 and 6 of challenge. Worked 9 hours at PT job
February 3-45 mins shoveling ice, worked 9 hours at PT job
February 4
February 5-Essentrics/Posture workout, CS809, Ice storm....
February 6-Clearing off ice off driveway etc...

Welcome to all of our newcomers.

Take care,

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 09:09 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hello!

Mary we have that same weather in MN. NOT looking forward to more snow tonight and tomorrow. Yucko. I had my first class for February Essentrics last night and was surprised that people showed up.

Pat I think you'd really like the new Connective Tissue workouts. I also like the new "Full Body Stretch" that they added of Miranda's...it's basically a CS episode but I do like it and it's gentle.

Suzie you're from Montreal!? Eeek!!! You should go to a live class at their studio. I'm going to go to Montreal in July for training.

BamaTanya I love the Lee/CS combo.

Hi Pam and DCW!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017!

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 04:17 PM  
DCW
VF Supporter

Wow Suzy you are in Montreal!!

You can actually go and take classes. What a wonderful opportunity.

This morning I started with a connective tissue workout from the PBS dvd. I got thru about half of it and it was so slow that I switched to an episode from Season 10 that was standing and Barre work. Almost 9 hours later I am feeling so much better in my feet and hips. I am going back to finish the connective tissue workout. I think the combination really helped me. Sign me up for more.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 09:38 PM  
BamaTanya

Suzie, there are several short Lee Holden Qi Gong videos on youtube. The 30 Day Challenge of 7 minute practices has a lot of fans on VF. http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=218140 I think the appeal is the professional instruction, the beautiful scenery, and, of course, the 7-minute-no-excuses length. You can register for 5 free samples here: https://7mins.holdenqigong.com/5-day...xoCJCsQAvD_BwE
They're unlocked one day at a time. At the end of the 5 days, I was sent a code for the 30 day set for $27. You can stream or download.
I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but I'm loving them. My husband and I get up before the rest of the household and do them together. No-dread-wake-up-and-stress-relief every morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
@BamaTanya: I'm also glad to be building this habit. I feel better already. I have to check out Lee Holden. I've been hearing his name on this thread and I don't know who he is. Surprising for a long-time vidiot like me!

@Julie: Congratulations!

@yogapam: Hello fellow Canuck! I'm from Montreal.

Full body toning for me today! One of my favourites!
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 11:30 PM  
Coastal Girl

Hi Everyone!

Checking-in for yesterday and today. Busy with work and life but still on track with the scheduled ETV Regular Challenge workouts and enjoying them!

Freezing here in Carlsbad, CA at 41 degrees this morning. Not used to this and need my

Meg
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 01:09 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Back to the Health Challenge....today was Amanda’s ETV Posture. I love this workout, so graceful & flowing! I got outside for a walk, first time in about 10 days with all the rain we’ve had. I also did some Jenny Ford cardio & am off to a a yoga class later.

Suzie - I’d LOVE to go to a class at the Montreal Studio! I lived in Dorval briefly when I first got married back in the late 70s.

Welcome Pat, I second Jackie’s suggestions. I also love the Stretch Series Vol 1 with 3 flowy stretchy 30 min workouts.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 2 - September 2018

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"Its not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently. - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote