Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-19-17, 10:34 PM  
Coastal Girl

Thanks for posting! Looking into trying this!!! Do I need the P-Ball and what are your thoughts on it if anyone is using it? Thanks!
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-17, 10:51 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Girl View Post
Thanks for posting! Looking into trying this!!! Do I need the P-Ball and what are your thoughts on it if anyone is using it? Thanks!
There are plenty of workouts that don't use the pball. Lately it seems like his most used accessory is the ankle band, but the gliders are used a lot too. I think it would probably be tough to get the full effect of a pball workout without it, but I think there's plenty to keep you busy without it. Have fun!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-17, 11:03 PM  
Coastal Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
There are plenty of workouts that don't use the pball. Lately it seems like his most used accessory is the ankle band, but the gliders are used a lot too. I think it would probably be tough to get the full effect of a pball workout without it, but I think there's plenty to keep you busy without it. Have fun!
Thanks Bee! I'll give it a shot without first, but may just have to get it Maybe a New Year's present
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-17, 01:46 PM  
aliskina

Just finished "Angel Approved". Used 1.5lb ankle weights, 2lb hand weights. Very Hamelin-like and tough but doable, looking forward to more from pvolve! Which workouts are using P-ball? Could it be substituted with playground ball?
aliskina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-17, 04:16 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I thought about trying to create something similar with the barre3 ball and probably will attempt that first.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-17, 05:00 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
I thought about trying to create something similar with the barre3 ball and probably will attempt that first.

~Beth
Not even close

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-17, 07:36 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Not even close
I'm envisioning creating something with Cathe's stretchy bands around the barre3 ball. It should be quite a sight, haha. At least until I do a few workouts.

~Beth
Old 12-20-17, 08:03 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
I'm envisioning creating something with Cathe's stretchy bands around the barre3 ball. It should be quite a sight, haha. At least until I do a few workouts.

~Beth
It’s not the same size and feel. I don’t think it will work quite the same, but I’m sure it will be fine

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 10:56 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Sue, you had mentioned HSM and then I remembered I had purchased HSM Total Body Workout as a download 2 years ago before starting a barre3 rotation. I had forgotten about it until now. I spent a few days searching for the login on Vimeo and finally found it! This looks to be a good one and I believe it was cheaper a few years ago.

~Beth
Old 01-03-18, 11:03 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I signed up for p.volve on January first and I have done two workouts so far: Total Body Toning Class and That Thigh Gap. I was a little skeptical when I saw how short the workouts are and how few reps they do (only 8 most of the time!) but I enjoyed how they left me feeling worked out without being depleted... and I could feel it in my glutes the next day!

I think these workotus have some really original moves and positions. They are not super exciting to me but they are not boring either and I really look forward to seeing what kind of results I get.

I would love to know how everyone is using these. Anyone doing p.volve as their main/only workouts? Or how are you mixing them into your rotation?
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, hdm, p.volve, thighmatics