Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-15-13, 09:05 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
I like the idea of focusing on one or two until one gets them "down" more. I guess I am in the minority because I actually really liked Bikini Bootcamp. I mean, the pace was a bit crazed, but the exercise sequencing was good, and I know where I need to modify so as not to hurt myself (due to the pace).

Which Fusion are you guys doing? Does Darby lead both of those? I know one of them uses the ball for at least the beginning section.
Fusion Mix is with Darby and is 60 minutes - stability ball at the beginning
Fusion is with Brooke and is 45 minutes

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 09:10 AM  
Rhonda

I did Fusion with Brooke this morning. Enjoyed it but the stability ball at the end was hard for me to hold between the feet. Wonder if I could sub a pilates ring. My inner thighs felt it. I had to stop using the ball as it was burning so bad I couldn't lift the leg. I thought for sure I would be feeling it all day but nothing at the moment.

I haven't gotten much doms with these workouts but I am sure they are working areas that don't get much attention.

Next up is the Darby workout for Friday.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 11:38 AM  
peanutgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
I like the idea of focusing on one or two until one gets them "down" more. I guess I am in the minority because I actually really liked Bikini Bootcamp. I mean, the pace was a bit crazed, but the exercise sequencing was good, and I know where I need to modify so as not to hurt myself (due to the pace).
I really liked Bikini Bootcamp too! I used weighted gloves I received with a Jessica Smith Kickboxing DVD and it added just enough challenge to the upper body work.

I struggle with the ball in the Fusion workouts. What size ball do you use? I'm not sure that would even matter, but I have the largest size and it makes me wonder.
Old 05-15-13, 11:50 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgrl View Post
I really liked Bikini Bootcamp too! I used weighted gloves I received with a Jessica Smith Kickboxing DVD and it added just enough challenge to the upper body work.

I struggle with the ball in the Fusion workouts. What size ball do you use? I'm not sure that would even matter, but I have the largest size and it makes me wonder.
For most stability ball moves (Fusion Mix for example - I use my winsor ball (smaller and lighter ). For the glute work, I use the regular stability ball, for the in and outs that Darby does - I use nothing! Oops Ha, it works for me. Someday I'll use it...

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 12:33 PM  
peanutgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
For most stability ball moves (Fusion Mix for example - I use my winsor ball (smaller and lighter ). For the glute work, I use the regular stability ball, for the in and outs that Darby does - I use nothing! Oops Ha, it works for me. Someday I'll use it...
Thanks for your response, Sue! I was just doing Fusion Mix and had to grab a beach ball or not use anything....it was still tough
Old 05-15-13, 01:20 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgrl View Post

Another VFer who really likes Bikini Bootcamp. I like it because it is more cardio focused.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 01:59 PM  
koinonia

Bikini Bootcamp was the first one I tried and I didn't like it at all.
20 minutes in and I lost the motivation to continue. I really hope I like the other ones better.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 02:01 PM  
spudsmom

I finally got my set today!! I'm in London, Ontario, Canada so it wasn't too much of a wait. Now I'll have to decide which one to do first.....
spudsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 02:25 PM  
spudsmom

Ok Now I'm not so excited. They are all purple backed. Has anyone else received DVD-R's??? I'm going to email them about it.
spudsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 02:26 PM  
hotncmom

Well, I got through the Darby workout! Yay! It was definitely incredibly challenging. I used my Fluidity ball instead of the large stability ball. I found it to work just fine for holding overhead and putting between my legs. I just think the large stability ball would be awkward. And as for using it for the other couple of exercises, well, let's just say I'm a long way from modifying those two exercises UP.

I used my hands on two yoga blocks to elevate me a bit during the part where you squat and pass your leg through, it worked a lot better for me, but I've got a lot of room to grow there. I can't wait to get good at that and impress my friends

I wish these women could cue better. They confuse me with their left/right talk (I just can't work opposite to them when they're facing me) and then when they are facing sideways I can face the same direction and mirror them, but then they turn around to the other side 10 minutes later and I can't remember what leg I worked last time. It's maddening!

Next up: Tabata and Toning on Friday. Oh my goodness. I'm just going to do the best I can, right?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death by workout, dream body, flailing limbs, fun workouts, yippy chihuahua