Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-20, 07:24 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Total Max Mixers Week of May 24th

Morning All! I slept in a bit and DH and I are getting ready to go for a drive toward the Gulf to see some different scenery. We’ll take a snack and get out for a bit in some unpeopled place. I’m going a little stir crazy up in here.

Yesterday I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast. I so enjoy a leg workout without a lot of equipment. I will walk with hopefully a few run intervals later.

Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 08:29 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. No workout for me yesterday. I spent the day cleaning house and it was enough work for me! Saturday DH and I went for an hour-long walk.

Karjoy - I hope you had a good drive. Looking at pictures of people partying this weekend really worried me that we're in for another wave of this virus.

Waves to everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 02:09 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Hope everyone is having a nice Memorial Day.

Jbliff, DH and I did drive down to the coast yesterday. The main Gulf Beach we passed is in Carrabelle, Fl, and it was PACKED. I saw no social distancing and can only hope that the breeze and heat and humidity maybe cut down on viral transmission. But with that many people so close, I would not bet on it. We got out and fed some shore birds at a place with no humans. When I got home I took a 45 minute walk with 2, one minute running intervals. I might walk a little later.

I talked to a patient Friday who had a + nasal swab for COVID. She had to have it done to return to work at her office. She had not been sick at all, except a mild scratchy throat she attributed to allergies. Interestingly, her daughters had been sick about 2 weeks prior. All were fine Friday.

Waves to all, Kareng
Old 05-26-20, 06:28 AM  
Cher

We went up north to the cabin for the weekend. Great weather and fun time with my family!

Workouts- what’s a workout? My mom and I did go for walks each morning at the cabin though and I did go for a walk in the evening yesterday. It was hot! We’ve been in the 80’s for 3 days and will be 88 today. We went from winter to summer here in a day! No spring. Lol

Hope everyone is well. I’m going to try to go back and catch up.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 06:51 AM  
Cher

Vannie - I’m glad your dad at least has someone close by if he needs them. How are you feeling? Is the dizziness gone yet? I hope so.

Karen - Still no restaurants opening here yet. No hair salons or gyms. Stores can start reopening today with limited capacity. We can also be in groups of 10 or less now. I’m more nervous about DH having to go back to work in a couple weeks than going to a store. He works in a factory with a lot of people. I’m hoping they extend his lay off longer but doubt they will. Our Stay At Home is Extended until June 12. I really don’t get what she means by that when everyone is having to go back to work. Another words....go back to work but don’t go anywhere else. That is the scary thing with this virus...testing positive with no symptoms. All the temperature checks don’t always mean someone does not have it because they don’t have a temperature. I did see some restaurants opening up down in FL and heard about the beaches. My DH says he was made for social distancing too. Lol I’m way more social than he is. I need more people around me than him and DS. Sounds like a nice day at the Gulf!

Gibbee - Wow, you have really low totals in your area.

JBliff - Ouch on the pinched nerve. Hope you’re doing better with that now.
Old 05-26-20, 07:24 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I so wish I could say the dizziness is gone but it's not. I had some degree of it all wknd plus a headache one day. We spent the wknd with my father-in-law and I pretty much slept and crocheted the whole time. I took two naps on Saturday, a long one on Sunday and part of the way home yesterday. The past few months really seem to he catching up with me. Sunday I didn't even get 2000 steps. Glad you had a good time at the cabin.

Karen, the asymptomatic people is what scares me. I worry about being one of those people and passing it unknowingly. We did stay in the house with my father-in-law but we didn't hug at all, which is so hard. It's nice you could go for a drive and find a beach without people.

JBliff, it is definitely concerning that some people are just appearing to go back to life as normal when we know this virus is not over yet. We didn't see very many masks this wknd. Surprisingly I saw the most being worn at Walmart.

Gibbee, I hope you and DH are doing okay.

I had an opportunity to adopt a sweet dog this wknd but had to say no bc Cyric doesn't get along with other dogs. It was so hard to say no but I know it's the best decision for both dogs, plus Cyric is still a lot of work on his own. Turning 3 a couple weeks ago didn't seem to mellow him out yet!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 09:32 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: Do you have vertigo?

We are doing OK, thank you for asking. He lost 15 pounds the past several days from basically letting his poor feet and shins drain into tubs. I change the padding frequently, but his poor feet are so pruny. BUT the heart doc is pleased at the water loss. Finally got a blood draw done today and while the iron improved his blood a bit, I think the dialysis is on. Will know more tomorrow.

Cher: Walking counts!!!

Karen: The lake was busy here, too. The media makes it sound like it was only people from our state, but we get folks from the surrounding states because they own lake houses there. I wasn't surprised at the volume of folks and am surprised it wasn't more. To date our infection rate has been very low, so hoping this doesn't blow it.

JB: I sure wish DH and I could go for a walk. We can't even go for walk w/him riding on his scooter. He has gastro issues that are unpredictable, so travel or even a walk is pretty much out. Totally sucks.

Check in: Sunday I did KCM's new RAW Solo Dumbbell workout - awesome metcon!!!! Loved it. Monday I was so tired from everything lately that I walked my street 2x (about a block long on a steep incline) and today I did Jen's back workout. Skipped the chest workout slated for yesterday. Maybe later this week. Maybe not. I find myself enjoying the workouts even though I have grown to not be a huge fan of bro splits, which is kind of what this is. HIIT style lifing - short time frames, medium to heavy weights, interesting exercise variations, etc. I know a lot of the people in her group (from the center part of my state), so interesting to see their posts.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 05:57 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Lower Body one set each exercise Premix and Stacked Upper Body one set each exercise premix.

Vannie - So sorry to hear the dizziness is still there. Bummer you couldn’t get the other dog but that’s probably the best with the way Cyric is.

Gibbee - Wow, that is a lot of water DH lost! I saw the film clips of The Lake of the Ozarks crowds.

Waves JBliff & Karen!
Old 05-27-20, 01:11 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Pyramid full pyramid upper body.

Gibbee - I hope the water loss is helping your DH. He sure has been through a lot (and so have you). We had lots of people out on the beaches and boardwalk in Virginia and Maryland too, and lots of them came from out of state.

Cher - Our governor just announced everyone has to wear masks to go inside retail stores starting Friday.

Vannie - You poor thing. You've had a time of it too lately.

Hi to Karjoy. Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 09:42 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: upper body with Cathe band and 40 KB swings today. 25 minute brisk walk yesterday till a storm rolled in, plus KB swings. Kareng