Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-17-20, 07:52 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - My Favorite Season Is Spring. All Things Seem Possible in May. May 17

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 08:02 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I couldn't find a quote I liked today. What I ended up with came from this quote:

"The world's favorite season is the spring. All things seem possible in May." — Edwin Way Teale

We have another sunny day right now, although we are supposed to get a lot of rain tonight/tomorrow.

I hope to get some work done today on my blog posts. I'm still trying to get the blog posts on handling dates done. It's gone from one to two posts. There's a lot to cover And, my parents gave us some strawberries and I want to turn those into chocolate covered strawberries.

Everyone have a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-17-20, 08:39 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks for getting us started, Laura - I was off looking for a quote. Just came back to try to use "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud".

Today we have rain (thus the quote) - all day! I'll still try to get Gus a walk. Otherwise putzing around in my house.

Laura, I hope they can figure out what's going on in your father - did his pain get relieved?

Paula, your Alfredo add-ins sound delicious! I still just open a jar and heat it - that's about my cooking level these days... I used JC Penney's housewares department a lot also - got several curtains from them. With both Sears and JC Penney closed, lots of our big malls will lose their big corner stores...

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 08:03 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No formal workout today. Catalina just re-opened their runway on Friday, so we flew to Catalina to see what/how much had reopened. Turns out the runway and trails are open. The restaurant and souvenier shop are still closed. The restrooms and patio were open. They had spread the patio tables out so they were further apart. Luckily we brought a lunch and ate it on the patio - we were the only ones there. Then we hiked the airport loop trail. We had heard the wildlife had gotten used to the absence of people and we should be on the lookout for rattlesnakes and buffalo. We never saw a snake or a buffalo - only a ground squirrel. When our hike was over we sat on the patio to share a snack, there was another group on the patio (more than six feet away) who had also brought their lunch and were picnicing as we had done. Progress - yay!

Laura, thanks for getting us started. The quote is a good one even if it's not your favorite. Hope you were able to get some good work done on your blog posts. How's your Dad?

Anita, When you open that jar of Alfreado sauce consider adding fresh sliced mushrooms - they just "go" with it. Stay dry. I think Bed, Bath, and Beyond replaced the JC Penney Housewares deptment for me. When we moved here BBB was closer than Penneys and I just ended up going there for things like curtains and coffee pots. I hope they can stay in business.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 07:53 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's stopped raining! I think we got about 2.5 inches here - it'll make some dog paths very muddy and flooded, but I've got a place I can walk Gus well. He needs that walk today! Otherwise planning on putzing around outside and inside.

Paula, glad you were able to have a good day in Catalina! Our restaurant openings are June 1, although many are rebelling and want to be open Memorial Day weekend. I feel for all of these businesses that still have to pay for a roof over their head or rent space for their restaurant, but can't earn much money - your airport people aren't making much salary from two couples visiting in a day... We're going to see lots of closings this year. Yeah, I hit BBB for a lot of housewares these days. Kind of like I used to rely on Sears for lawn mowers, laundry machines and tools... Then I moved to Hardware Hank for tools at least and now that's closed in my neighborhood also... (retirement for that closing).

Anita
Old 05-18-20, 06:24 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

The days just melt away. I talked to my brother this morning. They are doing well. My nephew (12 years old) is now tall enough that he has to bend his head when he goes through the doors in their house. Granted that Japanese houses are smaller than U.S. ones, but still.

I did some band strength work and walked a little while DH was at a medical appointment. Tomorrow I have my infusion, which I'm looking forward to.

Paula - Dad hasn't done too much in the past couple of days and seems to be feeling fine. He doesn't have the chest pain unless he exerts himself. He has the stress test at the doctor's office tomorrow. I hope it answers some questions. It sounds like a pleasant day on Catalina. I'm glad you got out there and had such a varied and good day.

Anita - That would have been a good theme this week. We're supposed to get a lot of rain!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-18-20, 08:23 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jessica Smith Chair Cardio and ymy PT routine.
We had and overcast rainy day, didn't get much done other than cutting fabric for the latest quilt.

Anita, rained here today too. Hope you and Gus can get a nice walk in. I think it will be a long time before dine in restaurants reopen here. I fear you are right and many will close for good.

Laura S., Glad your Dad is feeling somewhat better. At 12 most of the boys I knew/know haven't shot up yet. My nephew who is now 6'2" was a shrimp at 12 then around 15 he started complaining to his parents that he ached all over at just started growing, growing, growing and eating, eating, eating. He has two boys of his own now, they are both small now but we'll see what happens when they are teenagers.
Old 05-19-20, 07:17 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today should be a beautiful day getting to 70 today. I'll be doing more putzing in the garden as well as chair yoga and walking Gus.

Laura, nice that your nephew is getting so tall! Glad your dad is feeling better, but glad he's also getting more testing to figure out what's going on in his chest.

Paula, so what's the theme for your next quilt? Trying anything new in the patterns? I can't remember exactly when my brother shot up in height, but I certainly picked on him lots when he was shorter than me - now he's 6'4".

Anita
Old 05-19-20, 09:25 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I have my infusion this afternoon, so I'm trying to get stuff done this morning around the house - laundry, sorting through mail, and maybe cooking some.

It's overcast and we're supposed to get a lot of rain between now and Friday. The sun won't make an appearance again until at least the weekend. It's supposed to rain most of this afternoon, a good day to sit inside for an infusion.

Anita - You didn't pick on your brother after he got taller than you? Some things never change between me and my brother...

Paula - With TWO boys,, I hope he's laying in food stores now!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-19-20, 07:52 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was the stretchs from my PT routine followed by Yoga with Adriene - Yoga Tone. Cut my routine short this morning because once again it was grocery day. We've learned going early is best.

Anita, cool and breezy here today. Since I have a lot of time on my hands I have been exploring a more detailed quilt. The one I'm currently working on is a combonation of nine patch blocks and hourglass blocks. The quilt top has turned out nice IMHO and looks more difficult than it actually was. I cut the material for the border yesterday but I haven't sewed it on yet. I've been watching YouTube videos on doing mitered corners as I'd like to learn how to make those come out nicely (I've done them before with varying results). This quilt sort of calls out for a continuing border with mitered corners. Some things never changed between my brother and I either.

Laura, hope the infusion went well. My nephew has a long time before he has to worry about the boys growing up and eating them out of house and home.