Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-20, 09:29 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I ordered 4 from Thompson Tees and they're very soft and comfortable, but they don't have a metal nose thingy so my glasses fog up. I have a couple of metal thingies I took off used disposable masks before I threw them away and am trying to figure out a way to attach them.
I cannot sew, so I have been using hot glue to attach the tabs from bags of coffee on some of my masks that do not fit well. They work great for me.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 12:27 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
ChelePA, I got both of my orders from Los Angeles Apparel within a week of ordering. They go on easily and also can be adjusted for fit very easily. Impressed! We like the Thompson Tee masks but DH said they got hot to wear at work after a couple of hours. He prefers the LAA masks (and took the ones I ordered), so I had to order more for me. The cat four pack, of course.
I’m going to try out the LAA ones. I originally hesitated because of the overhead factor but can we at them on weekends if it’s too annoying for work.

The Thompson ones are good
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 02:10 PM  
CharM

For those still looking, here's a mask thread at Slickdeals.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14052551-li...face-masks?v=1

We have four each, which I think should be enough considering we don't leave the house except for grocery shopping and maybe a beer run at a local brewery.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 02:37 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I've been going to Thompson Tee for my masks - they're not necessarily "cute" but not unattractive either, and I love that they donate 3 masks, for every one you buy, to a hospital or medical facility. They also ship pretty quickly and are comfortable to wear.
https://thompsontee.com/face-masks
Thanks for the link. I ordered three white ones, and really like them. I've tried a couple of homemade ones from a friend, and one from Etsy. I like these the best, they are comfortable and fit well.

I got an email from them that they met their donation goal of donating masks to hospitals.
Old 06-07-20, 05:13 PM  
BunnyHop

I ordered some masks from Los Angeles Apparel, and they're just fine. These are the first I've used with elastic.

I'm thinking I may try to copy the shape of their mask next time I feel like stitching some of my own.

Wearing these things in summer heat is a test of my determination, that's for sure.
Old 06-07-20, 08:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I ordered these for me and DH:
https://aviatorusa.com/products/cotton-face-mask

They are soft and comfortable, but a little big for both of our faces (I put in a few stitches under the chin and in the straps to make fit better). Also, they don't have a nose piece, so my glasses are still fogging up.

Has anyone found a mask that prevents your glasses from fogging completely???

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 08:40 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I ordered these for me and DH:
https://aviatorusa.com/products/cotton-face-mask

They are soft and comfortable, but a little big for both of our faces (I put in a few stitches under the chin and in the straps to make fit better). Also, they don't have a nose piece, so my glasses are still fogging up.

Has anyone found a mask that prevents your glasses from fogging completely???
Well, I'm still using the disposable kind and if I pinch the wirey part at the bridge of my nose it does help to avoid fogging up my glasses.
Old 06-08-20, 01:50 PM  
suzannaerin

I’m digging seeing everyone at work sporting their masks. They are becoming a fashion accessory or statement for some. I got one made with material featuring logos of my college alma mater and my home city baseball team.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 01:54 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Well, I'm still using the disposable kind and if I pinch the wirey part at the bridge of my nose it does help to avoid fogging up my glasses.
me too!
I use a disposable and pinch the stiff part on the bridge of my nose and my glasses never fog.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 05:32 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
me too!
I use a disposable and pinch the stiff part on the bridge of my nose and my glasses never fog.

Barb S
I don't know if this works but I saw a quick video that showed putting a tissue into the mask to keep glasses from fogging. Seems worth trying.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, facial covering, mask, masks