Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-01-20, 10:58 AM  
furmomof6

Pilates Cross-Trainers: May Check-In

Starting us off for the new month!

Shaped by Faith: Senior Strength

This was another live one and I really liked it! I'll get back to Pilates tomorrow, or just an active rest day to finish out the week. We'll see what I feel up to.

Donna, congratulations about getting offered the job!! That's great! I agree with Carol, I think some self-doubt is natural when it's a new position, and some questions about working from home, etc., are up in the air. But I think you will do great!

Carol, it's good that some places are still staying closed even though they can re-open. I suspect that will happen around here too. There are some who are eager to get back out there, but I think the majority are still going to be super cautious. That's funny that my plan is similar to Jessica's rotation! I think I'll benefit from it.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 12:15 PM  
cherimac

Lesley Logan Magically Supported This class uses the magic circle to help establish a connection to your back so you don't overuse the front of your body. I really liked it.

Thanks for starting us off, Christine!
Old 05-01-20, 02:32 PM  
donnamp

Thank you for starting us off!

I am nervous about starting something new - but I think it is the right thing to do - it will give me broader experience and honestly, when I look at the work I have to do, I just see drudgery. So, it is probably a good thing. I talked to someone who is in a similar position and who made the same move from my position to that position and he re-assured me that the stuff I haven't done, I will learn on the job and it will be no biggie.

So we shall see. I formally accepted, now have to wait for HR to make a formal offer that I will accept and then go from there!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 07:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Today was:

Jenny Ford- Step Across America - Florida
Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Transitions

I haven't done yoga in a long time - it was nice to re-visit Adriene and her dog, Benji. Jenny's step was nice - nothing super unique about it other than the setting, but I like my step to be more basic these days.

Nice weather today so we will walk the dogs - also hope to sit outside a bit!

I do have to do some work for my job today and possibly tomorrow. Although I'm leaving, I don't want to leave a mess behind....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 05-02-20, 08:34 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were:

Jessica Smith - WS2: Core Connection - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Gentle Neck Friendly Pilates - 10 minutes

Lots of balance work involved in Jessica's workout - I was appropriately sweaty by the time I finished. Her workouts are challenging for me these days, which just tells me I need to keep it up. I can't just take my dogs for a stroll and call it good. That isn't enough.

Another red-letter day in the Panhandle - we had 122 new cases in our two county area of 260,000 people. We're almost up to 1,000 cases. Our City had their regular Friday update on the situation - our poor Mayor was in tears the whole time as she called for everyone to pray and fast over the weekend - I figure she knows that many more cases are coming. I heard our Governor interviewed and specifically asked why he didn't allow our Mayor to impose stricter requirements since we were a hot spot. His answer was that it was simply too complicated to have different rules all over the place in a state as big as Texas. I'm not buying that explanation. How about different rules in just the hot spots with specific criteria for what makes a hot spot? It's not good here, but it could be oh so much worse! I'm praying we don't go there.

Meanwhile, people were everywhere! Lots of folks out at Lowe's (home improvement store) as I sat in the curbside delivery spot waiting for my garden hose bought to replace the one the dogs chewed up. Few masks in use. My behind the alley neighbors had a big party last night to celebrate the re-opening of Texas I'm sure - probably 30+ people at their house. Thankfully they turned their outside music off at a reasonable time.

We are starting back to work in shifts next week - part time - wearing masks.

Donna - I love Benji! (And I like Adriene a lot) Simple step would be all I would want these days as well. I wouldn't want to fall off of the step and break something... Cathe has done a bunch of step tutorials and has posted them on her YouTube channel and Facebook page. I think they are in the 10 minute range if you want something really short. I'm working some as well this morning - finishing up something I was working on yesterday.

Cheri - Nice work - the magic circle scares the crap out of me. It's hard, and there's no other way to put it.

Christine - Senior Strength sounds good! Are these live workouts available to be viewed later?

Have a good weekend everyone!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 09:18 AM  
donnamp

So sad, Carol. I can't believe the chances people are willing take -

Donna
Old 05-02-20, 09:26 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning,

Walk
Kathy Smith: Staying Strong Stretch

It's beautiful here today! DH and I got out for a long walk. In the afternoon we're taking a ride to NJ to do a front door drop off of some supplies for my brother that just got out of the hospital.

Carol, I wish our Mayor prayed and fasted! I don't really buy your governor's explanation either. I'm sorry to hear about the big gatherings already!! Are you on Facebook? Theresa has the workouts on their in her group. I can send you the link to her group if you want. You can save the workouts to do at a later date too.

Cheri, that sounds like a good class! I haven't used my magic circle in a while.

Donna, I hope you get outside today! Our weather tends to be similar. It's so nice!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 11:23 AM  
cherimac

JV Strong Ankles, Knees, and Hips Challenges the balance and adds some cardio!

We had 1200 new cases yesterday. That's the most in two weeks. This is one week after easing restrictions. But it's all good~our governor says it' due to increased testing and our hospitals can handle it. He did hold a day of prayer, but I wish he would couple it with following guidelines. But I still see so many people posting that this is a conspiracy. I can't believe it.

BN's CEO posted a letter about wanting to implement things like sneeze shields, PPE, etc. He says we'll reopen but slowly and safely. Thank heavens. So who knows, I could be on furlough another month.

Donna~congratulations!

No more typing. Blackberry is on my lap and keeps knocking the laptop around.
Old 05-02-20, 07:44 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Friday: 40 min. step and weights while I watched The English Game (very good show, by the way)
Saturday: moved furniture and deep cleaning workout

I've reached level 9 of quarantine: moving furniture! (not sure what level 10 is but I digress...) Our couches are in terrible shape, as in shredded fabric. So things got moved around in anticipation of me insisting that we replace a couple of them this year.

WA extended the stay-at-home order through May and has a plan to open us up slowly. They say that hopefully by the beginning of July we can have groups of 50+ people if they can maintain social distancing. I'm not one pushing to open early or quickly... just not sure how church is going to work. Half the families can come one week and they other half the next?? So it looks like online services for a while yet.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 07:51 PM  
donnamp

Brenda -sounds like a smart plan. I'm hoping Maryland follows suit!!

Cheri - that is just awful....yes, increased #s may be due to more testing, but I still don't get the "wisdom" of opening up so soon -especially things like hair salons! I don't get the "conspiracy" stuff at all...talk to someone who has had it and let them tell you. H1N1 was a "bad flu" but this is something else.

Christine - glad you had the good weather, too! I think we have rain tomorrow morning but hopefully clearing to walk outside...later....

Waves -

Donna