Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-12-20, 02:40 PM  
Twigs

Hello all!

Today was:
- Chiball Energise and Tone
- Pilates with Katja for Toned Glutes and Thighs (YT)
- Yogainmelbourne - Yoga for neck, shoulders and upper back. This video started playing immediately after the Pilates workout, so thought I may as well do it. I felt nice and relaxed and all stretched out afterwards. I may try some more of Paula's workouts.
- My usual knee rehab exercises

Pam - I looked up your brands of maple syrup but they don't seem to be sold over here. I use it very sparingly; mainly in salad dressings, sauces and a little in baking. I think the syrups vary quite a bit depending on when they're harvested. My favourite is late harvest and a brand called Escuminac. The problem is that it's quite expensive, so I don't buy it that often.

Pat - Thank you for your write-up on your workshop. Really fascinating, especially about causing face, mouth and hands sensitivities. In this day and age, there's still so much we don't know about the body. The microbiome is another emerging science and the more I learn, the more it boggles my mind how complicated we are!
My knee is much better thanks, just a twinge now and then or a bit more painful if I start poking it! Thanks for the tip on the hip band. I think I'll check out Amazon and see if I can find one.
Hope you enjoy the book. I think I have several 'roommates' that are in constant conflict with each other.

Kate - Your yoga practice with David sounds so nice. I really enjoy breath work too. I always feel better after meditating but some days I just forget to fit it in. I really need to set up a time each day, then maybe I'll get into the rhythm of a daily practice.

Waves to Sherry, Cyana and Jackie. Hope you're all having a good day.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 11:36 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis, a quick fly by for me...

Today’s workouts:
~neighbourhood walk
~Ellen’s Cardio Core - this was pleasant, but very gentle like most of Ellen’s newer offerings
~ePilates: Upper Body & Legs - this was more upper body & really more like barre than Pilates, but it’s a good workout.
~yin on my own

Pat - So many interesting things to learn about the vagus nerve!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-20, 11:49 AM  
sherry7899

I took a rest day yesterday.

Today:

Soul Sweat with Lucy-54 minutes
Yoga Upload morning stretch 17 minutes

I will check back later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-20, 02:02 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

Today was:
- Amy Bento - Tone your Trouble Zones with resistance band
- LH May 8 class (short)
- Jill Miller Yoga Tune-Up Pre-Kneehab and Kneehab #1 - some really great exercises and stretches from ankle to thighs. Those tune-up balls really hurt!

I'm planning a daily meditation for 30 days. I thought if I write it down here, I may just stick to it.
Day #1 Lee Holden's meditation from his May 8 class - around 10 minutes.

Nice to see you Sherry.

Pam - How are you enjoying epilates? I liked most of Emma's classes that I've tried so far. They're not overly hard, so great for me!

On the news this morning, they were talking as though hair salons won't re-open until October. My DH offered to cut my hair but I think I'll pass!

Waves to all! Have a great day.

Old 05-14-20, 08:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I had planned a weights workout last night, but it was just too beautiful not to walk around the neighborhood. I was able to do a stronger and farther walk, too. Also meditation group, some stretching and PT, and inversion table.

Kate, meditation helps so much. It's been in the thirties to forties here too, like you I'd rather have that than the heat on the way.

Sherry I'm sorry you haven't been sleeping well. It's such a drain on the rest of your day.

Margot, this is the hip circle I bought. Isn't the microbiome fascinating? Who knew how many ills it can help, and even having a pet improves it. Good workout for you. And good luck with your meditation challenge!

Pam, wish I could walk around your neighborhood with you and check it out.

Best to anyone who visits today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 09:33 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~neighborhood walk - cut short by rain showers

Pat - I’d love to explore your neighborhood too! I hear the east coast is especially spectacular in the fall when the leaves turn. We have so many evergreen tress here, both leafy & fir, so we don’t get the fall colours as much.

Margot & Pat - I know meditation would be so beneficial for me, but I just can’t get down to doing it. I do use guided sleep meditations fairly often though and they do help me get to sleep.

Margot - ePilates is a good fit for me and her instruction is excellent. I like the variety of shorter workouts and they are no dread. There is a nice variety of Pilates, barre, fusion, a little yoga, and some nice therapeutic/rehab workouts. Speaking of hair....DH did cut mine. I bought good shears and a cutting guide comb called a CombPal online. My hair is short with a little curl, and very forgiving, lol. He followed a video & it actually turned out pretty good. A little blonde colour from the pharmacy & I’m good to go! I’m not sure when salons will open here, will be a while, and I’m not sure when I’ll be ready to go to one.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 05-14-20, 10:29 AM  
sherry7899

Today's workout:

Cathe LITE Rev'ed Up Rumble 41 minutes. I could swear I liked this workout the other few times I have used it, but this time I watched the clock through the whole thing!

Soul Sweat with Lucy-20 minutes of a class to get an hour of cardio total

Yoga Upload-Yoga for the spine/meditation

I will try to check back later. Hello and hugs to everyone

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 02:46 PM  
Twigs

Hello all!

Today was:
- Body Groove Live Class #2
- BG Strong Booty #1
- epilates Magic Circle Fountain
- 75 min walk on our local Common. The cows are out now for the summer, so we had to remember to watch where we were walking!

Pat - It sounds as though you had a good day yesterday. Your band looks good. I ordered a pack of 3 in varying strengths, which arrived today. I think I'll start with the easiest one tomorrow.

Pat and Pam - I'm in awe of Kate keeping up a daily meditation for so long without even one day off. I always seems to fall off the bandwagon after a couple of weeks. My goal is for 30 days this time.

Pam - Wow, that is amazing that your DH cut your hair and did a good job. I'm not that brave to trust my DH, plus my hair is thick and wavy with a mind of its own. All he can do is a buzz cut and I didn't want to end up with one of those! lol

Sherry - Some days are just like that. Good for you for making it all the way through.

Waves everyone!

Old 05-14-20, 10:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quick fly by....

Today’s workouts:
~Ellen’s Barre W/O
~ePilates: Mat workout with weights
~Neighbourhood walk

Waves & hugs to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 05-15-20, 09:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Greetings! We had another beautiful spring day so it would have been criminal to skip my neighborhood walk. Needless to say, I did not get in the weights workout, but it was a real mood booster. I put the hummingbird feeder out.

Margot good luck with the bands. I don't know how it's possible, but with some exercises - like bridges - the exercise is easier to facilitate but you feel the muscles working harder.

Pam kudos to your husband!

That looks like a good workout Sherry, hope you slept better.

TGIF and happy Friday to anyone who visits.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote