Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-09-20, 08:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was rainy and damp so no walking. I did Joyce's Quick Quartet, total body. I don't know what it is, but she works me good. Maybe the speed? I love the pyramid style weight training, it goes by quickly for some reason. Even though it's cold and windy today, I do plan on a walk later and maybe callanetics?

NORA, great walks! Yeah I'm not real fond of winter weather in May! We're having wind chills in the 20s right now. We didn't have weather like this most of the winter.

PENGUIN, yikes on the copperhead! I always say sometimes a nap is all you need. Glad you felt better afterwards. Well the masks were a falsa alarm at Home Depot but DS and his gf found some at CVS so that worked out.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 05:09 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today I did a series of shorter workouts from Up To The Beat Fitness; Standing Abs, Jive workout, Arm Sculpting, Fat Burner, and Runaway Baby Jive workout. I did a stretch on my own while watching her doing a stretch workout.

Hubby and I are back to making masks again today, between the other half day and today we've done about 40.

SB, glad you found some masks after all. I enjoy a good pyramid weight workout; the switching of the weights just seems to add a bit of fun. I'm surprised by how many places are posting pictures of snow, Ohio, NJ, and Penn, just to name a few. Hubby and I sat in the sun for a few minutes, I was in a hoodie and yoga pants again. I really did enjoy that nap. I think that's the best sleep I've gotten in a while.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 10:18 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! Here are my workouts for the month. Our weather has been nice so we have been doing some outdoor projects. We have had a few days of hot weather though.

Friday (5/1) - Barlates Grace & Strength: Outer Thighs
Saturday (5/2) - Barlates Grace & Strength: Glutes + The Firm Get Chisel'd
Sunday (5/3) - Yoga Foundations with Travis Eliott: Foundation 3
Monday (5/4) - Barlates Ori Active Hula Barre Fusion: Arms and Thighs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 602
Tuesday (5/5) - Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs: Level 3 + Autumn Calabrese Country Heat: Down & Dirty
Wednesday (5/6) - Cathe Cardio Fusion - W/U, Body Max 2 Finished Product Step, LIC Bonus Step, & Stretch + Barlates Mat Interval Series: Outer Thighs + Inner Thighs
Thursday (5/7) - Barlates Mat Interval Series: Upper + Abs + Obliques + Classical Stretch Season 6: 610
Friday (5/8) - Cathe Cardio Fusion - W/U, Drills + Barlates Mat Interval Series: Back + Glutes
Saturday (5/9) - Sarah Powers Insight Yoga Heaven Balancing Yang Energy

Penguin, Nice workouts! I'm glad your Hubby was able to kill the copperhead before your mom found it. I'm terrified of snakes also - especially copperheads, water moccasins, and coral snakes. It's hard to believe 30 deg in Tennessee. I've made a few masks out of old clothes - definitely not designer masks!

SB, yikes on your weather! I can't believe it is so cold there! I'm glad you are enjoying Joyce combined with your walking. She is a little goofy but I like her workouts.

Terri, it's good to hear from you again. Good job with your treadmill walking, gardening, and kb workout.

Nora, good job with your walking and STS workouts. I was just reading that vitamin D can play a role in coronavirus prevention and mortality. So not only are you and SB getting in your exercise but you may be resisting the coronavirus.

I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day tomorrow!!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 08:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was so cold and windy I couldn't talk myself into a walk. We even had snow showers in the afternoon. That broke a 43 year record since the last time we had snow this late in May. Anyway, I did Bernadette Giorgi's just b express pilates ring workout and a burst. Today I do plan on walking, it should get near 60 today, still cool for May but bearable.

PENGUIN, sounds like another fun workout for you. Great job on the masks.

TAMMIE, great workouts so far this month! Always impressive. Yeah Joyce is definitely a goofball but I'm enjoying those workouts for now.

Waves to all! Happy Mother's Day!!
Old 05-11-20, 08:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 58 minute walk with DS. It was a lovely day and lovely company. We ordered some pizza for dinner and then had game night. It was a wonderful Mother's Day It's raining right now, of course, but I think it's supposed to clear up later so hopefully a walk this afternoon.
I do plan to continue on with Joyce today also.

Old 05-11-20, 12:38 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hello everyone. We finally have a nice day here, after some cold and yes, snow, on the weekend. Crazy!

Saturday: STS and half hour walk
Sunday: Hiphop Walk Amy B. and a half hour exterior walk
Today: half hour walk so far, but I have to take my car to the garage and I'll walk back for another 45 minutes.

SB- That sounds like a great mother's day. I haven't seen my kids in the flesh since January and February, so count yourself lucky! I'm glad you were able to fit in a walk between the snowflakes.

PP - Snakes. No, I can't deal with that. We only have harmless garter snakes here but I still freak if I see one! We had a nest in the roof of my cottage that was discovered while redoing the roof. The workers were literally picking them up and tossing them off. And to think I had been sleeping right underneathe that unknowingly. Gives me the creeps.

Tammie - great variety you have going on there. It reminds me that a few weeks ago I had decided to incorporate more yoga/stretch. That kind of fell by the wayside.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-11-20, 07:22 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, I agree about the creepiness of snakes and reptiles in general. Good job with STS and all the walking

SB, your pizza nigh sounds great. We used to get a lot of pizza at a local Papa Murphy's then they randomly closed the store. We've tried several other stores but haven't liked anything for long. I'm thinking about going back to making my own but haven't gotten that far yet. Sorry to hear about the yucky weather, its supposed to storm 4 days in a row next week, here!

Tammie, Good work on the outdoor projects. My gardening didn't last long but we still have bags of mulch laying everywhere so I guess I need to get back to it when it warms and dries up.

Yesterday was also our 23rd Anniversary. We didn't do anything special but exchange cards, which were very similar to each other. Hubby did light a fire in the backyard and we sat on the swing to enjoy it.

Yesterday I did a Fat Blasting Cardio workout from Fitness Blender. These workouts don't have a clock timer but have a bar timer on the side of the screen so while I can look and see 'oh, good, I'm halfway though" I'm not staring at the numbers.

Today I took a nap. Hubby woke me up early this morning yelling at the dog for barking and waking him up. Pffft!

PS, yes, I spoke too soon, Hubby spent a lot of time yesterday getting the computer to work again!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 08:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Joyce's Fat Burning Vol 1 total body. She wipes me out so in the afternoon I did a 43 minute walk, most of it with DH. I didn't mind the shorter, somewhat slower paced walk after Joyce. I do plan another walk today and maybe some callanetics before the subscription is up. I won't be renewing since I really haven't used it much at all but for the low price I paid, I'm not upset about it.

NORA, great job with the walks and workouts. That's a shame you haven't seen your kids in so long. Both my kids live at home even though DS has been staying at his gf's so she won't be alone. But they are very careful with the distancing and masks etc. I don't let anyone else in my house but I just can't refuse to let my DS come here. It is still his home and I know how careful he's being. My friend wants to come over and visit and wants to go get coffee with me etc. She goes to visit other friends and family members.
I told her I don't think she's really getting the whole point of this lockdown.
Ummm no I'm not going for coffee and you're not coming over here.

PENGUIN, nice workout and nap . Happy belated Anniversary! Sounds like you and hubby had a sweet day. We hadn't done takeout since the lockdown started so I really did enjoy that pizza Sunday! I live in NJ after all and we have good pizza pretty much every other street around here . Homemade pizza sounds amazing!

Old 05-12-20, 08:29 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I walked for more than an hour.
Yesterday, I canceled my walk to the garage, and DH drove me. I did STS instead.

SB- I think you are striking a good balance between taking care and sensibly being with your family. I hope to see my kids more this summer. DD is talking about moving up to the cottage for a few weeks from NYC, and I do want my son to feel free to come too. I want to make some kind of rules around that, though. like "stay offa my favourite couch" and keep the 6' rule etc. I'll see how it goes. He works as a chef at a Mtl restaurant. They are only doing take-out orders, but Montreal still has a bad Covid problem.

PP - that nap sounds good. I have never been a napper for some reason, but I'm always jealous of those who can do it. My DH can fall asleep at the drop of the hat. Jealous!
Old 05-13-20, 08:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 65 minute walk. Lovely day again. I am planning a walk today and it is a Joyce day but my knee is a little sore. I think from all the squats and lunges in Monday's workout so I'll see how it goes.

NORA, great job with the walk and STS. Yeah it's tough being distanced from family for so long. Hopefully by the summer things will have calmed down a little.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!