Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-20, 10:00 AM  
buffmama

Happy to be back to Mr and Mrs Muscle glute work. Having fun with my unstructured time. I'm thinking about sticking to pilates long term and doing less yoga. Not sure how I will schedule that as full body work with lots of spinal movement seems best. I bookmarked Cassey on Sandy's recommendation but consider that more isolated work than true pilates.

To honor the holiday weekend I had my folks over and we ate outside. It was really nice. Vannie the virus is scary and super upsetting but the media generally makes it out to be much worse than it actually is.
Old 05-26-20, 10:15 AM  
Vantreesta

Buff, isn't that always the way with the media??? Mostly I just worry about my father-in-law and my grandma and others with chronic health conditions or advanced age. I feel like hubby and I are pretty healthy overall and would recover if we caught it. But I would hate to pass it on to anyone.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 10:41 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Buff, isn't that always the way with the media??? Mostly I just worry about my father-in-law and my grandma and others with chronic health conditions or advanced age. I feel like hubby and I are pretty healthy overall and would recover if we caught it. But I would hate to pass it on to anyone.
I hear you Vannie - it sucks. You could always ask grandma and your FIL what they're comfortable with/what they want. At this point I'm dreaming of hugs and starved for human interaction.
Old 05-27-20, 08:44 AM  
Vantreesta

It's funny, I'm not a real huggy person, but I really miss it while grieving. I won't see my grandma for a few months and my father-in-law seemed more comfortable keeping some distance.

Meeting Sandy for a walk and lunch today (hope it's not raining like it has been here!), some friends for deck coffee tmrw and a friend for park coffee on Monday. Tmrw is also a chiropractor appt and Tuesday is the dentist to fix a chipped tooth.

No dizziness this morning when I woke up!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-27-20, 09:10 PM  
SandyO

Oil change and a couple of filters changed, 5.32 mile walk and Subway with my Vannie, Home Depot run with Ali to get 12 bags of mulch, so I could help load and unload, plus she made me eggs on a home made bagel with swiss cheese and a year old can of diet coke with ice to stay awake. I got home 8:30 pm.

A full day!
Old 05-29-20, 07:52 AM  
Vantreesta

It was great to see you too, Sandy!

I'm bummed. There was an update for the Insight Timer app and they completely changed the look of it. I am not finding it to be super user friendly so far.

Old 05-29-20, 11:50 AM  
buffmama

Glad you gals got in a hike and time to catch up. Sounds lovely.
Old 05-29-20, 01:10 PM  
SandyO

Two more Barlates Series done.

Apartment Fever was as the name suggests a four workout series of total body sweatfests (30-40 minutes each).

Resistance Stretching was as the name suggests a four workout series of total body burn, dynamic and static stretch (40-50 minutes each).

I didn't feel dread with any of these and while creative at times, no really awkward moves. Plus they were totally doable, not like many Barlates rep you to death, burn so bad you want to quit. Recommend.

Sandy O
Old 05-30-20, 10:10 AM  
SandyO

Well, Cassey Ho has another winner set of two classes for her 7 day challenges: thighs. Inner thigh burn leg lifts in the 10 minute and general thigh work which was doable but challenging for the 20 minute.

Please, Cassey, may I have another for next week?