Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-20, 05:57 AM  
antbuko

Unfortunately, this is a very political situation, and the president is putting a lot of pressure on states to lift the lockdown restrictions. Call your governer's and representatives' offices and tell them you oppose this. Put pressure on them.

I hope it's okay for me to suggest this. I'll delete my post if everyone objects, but I feel this is a matter of life and death and we have to put pressure on politicians to do the right thing at this critical time. We have to assist in flattening the curve.
Old 04-17-20, 06:09 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Unfortunately, this is a very political situation, and the president is putting a lot of pressure on states to lift the lockdown restrictions. Call your governer's and representatives' offices and tell them you oppose this. Put pressure on them.

I hope it's okay for me to suggest this. I'll delete my post if everyone objects, but I feel this is a matter of life and death and we have to put pressure on politicians to do the right thing at this critical time. We have to assist in flattening the curve.
I don't object to the truth, particularly when it comes to the health and safety of ALL of us, so thank you for posting this.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the states where the Governors are going to lift the restrictions.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Helen - I wish there was a "like" button!

I think releasing too soon will have a worse effect on the economy than holding out until we are more confident that cases are declining. Here in MD cases are still increasing at a steady rate in spite of the restrictions - how bad would it be w/out them?

Sure, some states w/ a low case count may be able to ease up - which is why it makes sense to let the local authorities decide what is best for each jurisdiction and hopefully they will use common sense, listen to the scientists and doctors, and put politics aside to do what is right.

Frankly, even if restrictions are lifted here, I still plan to be cautious about where I go and who I come in contact with. Some of that may be out of my control - but when I can control it I will

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 09:03 AM  
Gams

I’ve told everyone I think I’ll make my mask a permanent fashion accessory because when I have it and my sunglasses on, you can’t tell how old I am. 😁
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 10:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Helen - I wish there was a "like" button!

Frankly, even if restrictions are lifted here, I still plan to be cautious about where I go and who I come in contact with. Some of that may be out of my control - but when I can control it I will

Donna
I agree! Even when restrictions are lifted I'm not going to go to crowded places for a long, long time. I work in a restaurant and even when/if they re-open I'm not rushing back to be in that situation of interacting so closely with people and handling their plates and glasses. I'm in NJ so I really doubt anything will re-open anytime soon anyway.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 10:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I will never shake hands again.

Never liked it in the first place. Never mind the germ swapping, I can't tell how many times some "firm handshake" guy has mutilated my poor arthritic hand.

I don't know how I'm going to handle going to see a show or eat in a restaurant again.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 10:47 AM  
suzannaerin

The only thing I really can’t control is having to return to work on a regular basis eventually and the lack of prudence of some there. In my real life, I will continue to follow the guidelines, at least until there’s a vaccine or good treatment.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 10:52 AM  
Lori_Michigan

For anyone interested in making a homemade face shield, all you need is a baseball hat, some plastic report covers, and safety pins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvfv_QxqB8A

My son and I are going to make a few this weekend. I'll still wear my mask under it, but anything to keep me from touching my face is well worth at least trying.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 12:19 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I will never shake hands again.

Never liked it in the first place. Never mind the germ swapping, I can't tell how many times some "firm handshake" guy has mutilated my poor arthritic hand.

I don't know how I'm going to handle going to see a show or eat in a restaurant again.
I’ve always hated shaking hands and will not miss it one bit.

PS You’re looking good in your mask.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 01:22 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I’ve told everyone I think I’ll make my mask a permanent fashion accessory because when I have it and my sunglasses on, you can’t tell how old I am. 😁
LOL! My dad said he liked it because it hides his wrinkles. He also thinks he looks cool in his black mask.

I think, at least in CA, that masks will be mandatory in public as part of the easing of restrictions. Not a big deal, if it'll help keep people safe and get things back to somewhat normal.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing