Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-11-20, 07:09 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
There are people who exercise who do not look like they exercise. I am likely one of them. You never know!
Gonna have to echo that too, Sherry. I actually used to hide my DVD collection because I felt a little embarrassed ...like if anyone who came over wouldn't believe I did any of them by looking at me.

I have finally gotten old enough to not care what they think...but it took a long time to get there.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 08:12 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I hope you enjoy them ! They are fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
I found some of the Body Grooves a few months ago. So very different but fun and freeing to do your own thing. Hope your DVD plays well.

I did the Stretch & Flex workout on the scratched dvd. It played perfectly. I felt my inner diva peeking out :-) It was a fun workout. I look forward to trying the other workouts.
Old 01-11-20, 08:47 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I did the Stretch & Flex workout on the scratched dvd. It played perfectly. I felt my inner diva peeking out :-) It was a fun workout. I look forward to trying the other workouts.
I am so glad you liked it and the dvd player fine.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 09:16 PM  
firmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Awwww ... that's how I feel when I find something!!

(And I wouldn't even know what those look like so would have walked past those if I saw them. Glad they went to a happy home!)

Enjoy!!
Thank you, Linda!!

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 08:39 AM  
Venus

This weekend I picked up:
Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 3
Element Yoga for Stress Relief & Flexibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Heck, I purchased those new at Walgreen's years ago and have barely used them - though I continue to think I will someday. So I certainly wouldn't fault you for buying! Anyway, I know where the calendar is for mine, so PM me if you want a photo of it.
I purchased Supreme 90 at Walgreens, too, and I only tried a few of the workouts. I've seen this set mentioned in a couple threads recently. I should pull the set out and try a few more workouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
I have a lot of virgins, too. But as new DVDs being put out are becoming rare, I can go shopping in my impressive DVD collection and have “new” DVDs!
Great point! I tend to shop my collection when I see workouts mentioned here which I haven't done (or haven't done in a while).
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 09:13 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Great point! I tend to shop my collection when I see workouts mentioned here which I haven't done (or haven't done in a while).
What's interesting is if I check on a workout mentioned and I purged it and someone mentioned liking it.

Ah the dilemma... to reacquire...or not?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 07:39 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
That’s great the disc worked and you enjoyed the workout!
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 09:10 PM  
Buzzer

I told myself that if I saw any older Firms I would buy them. I never see them at the thrift stores. Well, I walked in... there were some Firm parts, and BSS1 and 2. I, of course, had to buy them all.

Two weeks later I went to the same goodwill, and they had the lower portion of the small fanny lifter for $1.99. I figured it was from the person who donated all the Firms!! I looked all over for the top portion, but I bet someone else bought it thinking it's a step stool before I got there. Of course, I couldn't leave it there. So I have the lower portion but not the top portion. I can still use it though!! I have the bigger fanny lifter so I will use that for the high step, and the smaller one for the lower step since it takes up less room.

I will keep my eyes out for the upper portion although I know it's probably a lost cause at this point.

I have been back a few times since then, and all the fitness DVD's that were there before are still there. Jillian Michaels (since hers were at dollar tree, I am seeing them at every thrift store now), some pink Firms, and some random Yoga DVD's from Gaiam.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 09:14 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I was at Dollar Tree today and they had maybe 6-8 fitness DVDs. I bought a boxing workout with Laila Ali & Sugar Ray Leonard; I don't think it's for me, but I'm not out much.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 10:28 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Today I visited a different store and they too are reducing DVD prices. They are $1 a disc and it doesn’t matter if they are singles or in a set, each disc $1.

Whilst there I found a set, Brazil Butt Lift sealed. Because it was sealed the cashier decided along with the booklets that we could see that there were probably 2 discs so she charged me $2.
Turns out on opening later there were 3 discs and of course I was ecstatic to find this set!
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds