Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-22-20, 07:39 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Sherry, I was just realizing that about the dressing rooms recently--that would be tough since I love to buy clothes when I shop Goodwill! I wonder if returns are allowed?
I did take one shirt back, and they allowed it. Although, the clerk wasn't quite sure about it. I decided to not chance it again. There are a few brands that I know which size will fit me, and I'll take a chance on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Walmart's dressing rooms are closed, although they're allowing returns. would be interested to know if GW is allowing returns.
My guess is it depends on the store.
Old 05-22-20, 07:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The Yoga Zone evening practice led by Jean is one of my favorites!
thanks for the feedback. before purchasing, i had to make sure i didn't already have this one. then last night, i read VF reviews.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 08:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks for the feedback about returns. I guess I could hope to find fitness DVDs--I haven't had much luck on the score in the past year or two, but maybe once everyone has cleaned out their houses there will be a better selection!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 01:54 PM  
Vantreesta

The thrift store had Andrea DuCane's Kettlebell Goddess workout! I seriously almost bought it even though I already have it but I decided to leave it for some lucky person to find. I did buy AbRipper 200 still in shrinkwrap to replace mine on VHS.

My Pilates tower is still $60.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 08:03 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

This week is the reopening of our stores. All we have to do is hand sanitise at the door and keep distance from others. I will miss the chats with others at the book section now.

I found 7 TapouT XT DVDS in great condition for $1 each. They were in with the music CDs and nowhere near the DVDs.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 07:31 AM  
Karla25

I found beginning, intermediate and advanced fluidity barre workouts. I just need a barre now :-) The hunt continues!
Old 06-04-20, 07:50 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

LOL Karla - I guess if you see a barre at Goodwill, you don't have to try it on first.

I'm going this afternoon!

Vantreesta, I sometimes leave DVDs at Goodwill for the next "lucky" person, such as when I saw a who TA set (knew I wouldn't use it) or a Classical Stretch season (already had it). But do you think those people who come after us appreciate their luck?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 08:43 AM  
Vantreesta

That is a very good question, Beth! I know I feel lucky when I find smthg good but I never wondered if someone left it there after almost buying like I have!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-04-20, 11:41 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Vantreesta, I sometimes leave DVDs at Goodwill for the next "lucky" person, such as when I saw a who TA set (knew I wouldn't use it) or a Classical Stretch season (already had it). But do you think those people who come after us appreciate their luck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
That is a very good question, Beth! I know I feel lucky when I find smthg good but I never wondered if someone left it there after almost buying like I have!
folks, if you're in the habit of seeing CS season set as you describe, PM me for my cell #.

when i see a rare or valuable find, i think "there's another vidiot around!"

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 11:44 AM  
Vantreesta

Will do, jeannine. I've never come across any CS but will let you know if I do. What season(s)?

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds