Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-24-20, 12:32 PM  
Leonana

Donna, I am so sorry about your mom. It sounds like she is in a better place now, and not suffering. She was blessed to have you as a daughter to take care of her, and work so hard to make her last year a better one.

Being busy is a good way to cope. I'm sure riding the horse will help your daughter. That's nice the stables are open for her. Hugs to you and your family.

ETA: I did Day 6 of Core Week, 30 Minute Fusion Sculpt on You Tube. I chose it over the 47 Minute dvd fusion workout. Although, I'm sure that one has more stretching, so now I'm thinking I should haved done it, but 47 minutes just throws me off. I need to do something easier tomorrow, I'm planning on painting our hallway to the bedrooms, and the bedroom and bathroom doors, next week.
Old 05-24-20, 04:48 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Donna, So sorry to hear about your mom. I lost both of my parents at young ages and that was rough for many reasons, but I imagine it's difficult at any age. At least your mom is at peace now.

Beautiful weather here today and perfect for yard work, so that's what I spent all day doing. I wanted to get it done before the warm and humid weather arrives in a few days, and I'm happy to say I accomplished that. Tomorrow will be a rest day and then maybe I'll get back into Core Week or I'll do something else until Summer of Strength starts.

Sherry, I always choose the shortest workout when there is a choice! I can't do anything over 30 minutes anymore. I just lose interest!
Old 05-24-20, 05:55 PM  
pgun3

Sorry for your loss Donna!
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 07:06 PM  
donnamp

Thank you all for your kind words!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 06:07 PM  
Leonana

I took a rest day today. My tooth was bothering me last night and I didn't sleep well. It's the same tooth I had a crown put on last December. I think the dentist did not place the crown on the tooth correctly. I'm going to a different dentist, I don't trust the first one! I don't have an appointment for another week and a half. Fortunately, it's feeling a bit better today, as long as I don't eat on that side. So frustrating to spend all that money and you still need to spend more!
Old 05-25-20, 08:08 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I took a rest day today. My tooth was bothering me last night and I didn't sleep well. It's the same tooth I had a crown put on last December. I think the dentist did not place the crown on the tooth correctly. I'm going to a different dentist, I don't trust the first one! I don't have an appointment for another week and a half. Fortunately, it's feeling a bit better today, as long as I don't eat on that side. So frustrating to spend all that money and you still need to spend more!
does the tooth feel like it hits first when biting down? if so the maybe the crown just needs to be adjusted....BUT if the tooth is infected the infection could be lifting the tooth up a bit. Sometimes after working on a tooth it may need a root canal. I hope it gets better and you don't need a root canal.
Old 05-25-20, 09:32 PM  
Leonana

Thanks, pgun. It does seem like the crown needs to be adjusted. It's been this way since it was done last December, but I kept hoping it would heal. I really hope I don't need a root canal. Crossing my fingers!
Old 05-26-20, 07:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

For workouts -

Monday - Pahla B - 35 Min Cardio, Toning & Strength & Jessica Valent -Full Body Flexibility

Tuesday - Pahla B - 25 Min Stretch and Balance

I decided to follow Pahla's weekly challenge for Body Shaping this week. I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit to a 6 week program, so I think doing this week and seeing where I'm at next week will work better for me.

Pahla does talk a lot and there is no music - so there is that - but I enjoy her chattiness and right now it keeps my mind busy.

DH and i began cleaning my mom's apartment yesterday. Since she downsized in Sept there isn't as much as there could have been. I'm going to contact the rental office today to see if there is an organization they work with that takes donations.

While i'm glad my DH was there to help, he does tend to be a pack rat and I think we ended up coming home with more than I would have had I gone alone. For example, I had to convince him that I did NOT need my mom's crock pot. (I already have three crock pots at home!) So, while the moral support was good, having a bunch of stuff I don't need in my basement brings its own kind of stress, which I am working on ignoring for now.

I'm taking today off from work - even though we aren't doing anything until later in the summer - I just need some time to make phone calls, and quite frankly take care of myself before I crash and burn.

There is a noon live essentrics workout, I may do it - I can never do these live workouts since they are during work hours! Also it is nice and sunny today, maybe DD and i can walk.

Sherry- how is your tooth feeling today? Last year I had some weird sensitivity in one of my teeth that just went away on its own...weird.

waves, everyone

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 08:28 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I decided to start Summer of Strength today and the first workout was tough! I guess I had forgotten how tough some of Jessica's DVD workouts are because I had been doing mostly her youtube stuff lately, but I need the challenge.

Donna, Do you get bereavement leave where you work? If so, I suggest you take however many days they give you to take a break and take care of yourself. Regarding your mom's stuff, even though my mom died in 2004, I still have a lot of her stuff that I've had a hard time parting with. I would say if you aren't emotionally attached to it, you should get rid of the extra crock pot and whatever else you don't want soon, otherwise you'll end up with it taking up space for years. I'm probably going to be moving in a few years, so I've started the long, difficult process of finally getting rid of things because wherever I live next will most likely be smaller.
Old 05-26-20, 04:34 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Thanks, pgun. It does seem like the crown needs to be adjusted. It's been this way since it was done last December, but I kept hoping it would heal. I really hope I don't need a root canal. Crossing my fingers!
try not to bite to hard on it, if the crown is high, hitting it can cause the tooth to die because of the continued beating.

Also I actually did a workout one day this weekend. It was an Essentrics workout. I actually did 2.

I am trying the 14 day trial period for essentricstv and I did 2 of the workouts today. I have been having trouble with my hip sticking or something a lot more lately in a different way from before, if that makes sense. I am hoping it will help correct the problem???

Tags
jessica smith get strong