Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-24-19, 06:19 AM  
Suzan66

Does anyone subscribe to Xtend Barre/Open fit?

Xtend barre/open fit app pops up on my FB feed all the time so I pulled out my old XB workout this morning and did the barre set. I forgot how much I liked it.

Has anyone tried the subscription?
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 12:34 PM  
topfitmama

Hi Suzann,
the site offers a 30 day free trial. I signed up for it and tried out several Xtend workouts. There are cardio, signature, upper body, lower body, ballet, pilates and stretch workouts. There are modifiers showing easier versions of the moves. If I recall correctly, there's no music so you have to play your own or play one of the tracks separately. This doesn't bother me since I tend to be annoyed by a lot of the music in videos.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 02:42 PM  
Scorpio6

bumping
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-19, 02:10 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’m interested too and might do a trial in the fall. I have a Gaia subscription that runs out in a few months and I’d like to try something new. The price is good if the variety is there. I wonder how often they add new content?

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-19, 11:44 PM  
Kiwi Katie

Xtend Barre - Openfit

I started off enjoying it and appreciated that the workouts are shorter - for 30 minutes they do pack a punch and no time is wasted. I followed the 30 day calendar however after the two week mark I was less enthusiastic, but that's no particular reflection on the workouts which I think are good (and as an aside I did the Xtend Barre instructor training a few years ago).

So why the waning enthusiasm?

1. I'm at a point where I'm over shouty, cheerleader-type instructors (actually I'm over shouty people in general lol!). Andrea is high-energy and motivating and JUST DOESN'T STOP YELLING!!! After a while I found it a little irritating. Strangely though, I still love my P57 DVDs.

2. I've been taking adult ballet for a little while now. The speed of Xtend started to frustrate me as I'm striving for good technique and just couldn't manage it in these workouts.

3. My menopausal body is just feeling a little tired at the moment - while I'm staying consistent I'm being more gentle because that seems to be what my body is asking for!

These criticisms are very specific to me so don't let me put you off - you definitely can't go wrong with the generous 30 day free trial and of course there are other workouts you can try - yoga, Tough Mudder, etc. The Xtend workouts mostly follow a similar format (warm up, upper body, barre, floor work and abs) however some emphasise abs, some glutes, and so on. There's also a few Pilates workouts which I enjoyed more than I thought I would.

Katie :-)
Kiwi Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 07:06 AM  
Suzan66

Thank you, Katie! I'll probably try it before the year is over. Right now I am having exercise ADD. I can't seem to stick with a rotation.
Old 08-28-19, 09:23 AM  
sillygirl

They may add more Xtend Barre workouts in the future, but for now there are only the 30 different ones in the two calendar rotations (Regular 30-day and Amplified 30-day).

People are just starting the rotations over when they are done.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 03:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Resurrecting this thread - just saw an infomercial on cable channel WGN where you can get free access to her streaming site if you text SLIM to 505050.

i did, but the free trial is for only 14 days.

I'm glad i read this thread - i didn't know Andrea was a yeller. i have her DVD Xtend Barre lean (now OOP) and her two 10MS workouts - dance your body thin and quick sculpt pilates (uses a small air-filled ball).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 10:17 PM  
Kiwi Katie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Resurrecting this thread - just saw an infomercial on cable channel WGN where you can get free access to her streaming site if you text SLIM to 505050.

i did, but the free trial is for only 14 days.

I'm glad i read this thread - i didn't know Andrea was a yeller. i have her DVD Xtend Barre lean (now OOP) and her two 10MS workouts - dance your body thin and quick sculpt pilates (uses a small air-filled ball).
Hi Jeannine

I found Andrea to be a bit loud and over-enthusiastic - but tbh I think that’s more about where I am at right now - I just need calmer instructors! She’s still a good instructor though and the programme is worth trying out I think.
Kiwi Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 06:00 AM  
Suzan66

I signed up the first of the month and quickly changed my subscription from 3 months to a year. I absolutely these. They are very challenging. Yes, Andrea is enthusiastic but it doesn't annoy me like other instructors. I like the structure they give me and I don't have to waste time wondering what workout to do when I get up. The 30m packs a punch... I normally add on something to them (20-30m HDM CardioTone or a 15m XB Express) but I don't feel guilty when I don't.

Tags
andrea rogers, openfit, xtend barre