Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-16, 05:28 PM  
muggle

Amy Bento Kickbox

While I'm not really looking to buy more DVD's......I'm a sucker for a decent Kick box workout. So my question is for those who have Amy Bento. What kick box workouts do you have from her? What makes them so great? Why do you love them? I got one from her a while ago and the choreography had me befuddled and tripping all over myself. I think it was the "KB & core surge", excellent core segment but the KB stuff.....I was lost. I have Cathe, Patrick, Susan Chung, KCM etc. I like Amy and know she has good stuff! Enable me. TIA
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-16, 09:56 PM  
Chomper

I need to pull out some Amy kickboxing again. It is complex and requires concentration and I usually find it moderate intensity rather than high intensity. i got pretty good at In The Ring for a while. I also liked the one you have. And the newish one Body Box.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-16, 04:49 AM  
adrien_73

I have owned several of Amy's kickboxing and step dvds. I traded away most of them because I find them all hard to follow.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-16, 07:27 AM  
SEV

I love Amy's kickboxing workouts! There is a learning curve. She uses lots of moves that others don't-more defensive type moves. Have you tried KB2? It seems less complex than the Surge one to me and you can leave out the kettlebell intervals. I also like Body Box, it's her most recent one.
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-16, 08:48 AM  
marki64

Hi Peg, Amy Bento is one of my faves for cardio. Though I don't care much for kickbox, Amy adds more choreography and makes it more fun. I don't have all of them.

My fave is Kickbox Surge. I didn't like it at 1st, but I fell in love with it. It's fun intense and has great music. The combos move pretty quick and it's over in about 45 min.

Kickbox Xtreme isn't a favorite. It's overly repetitive, a little boring and not very intense. I skip to the next combos quickly with this one.

Body Box is fun, though she takes too long of a break when going to the circuit, so I FF to the segment. It's fun, but I would consider this more hi/lo than actual kickbox.

Cardio Knockout is intense, but long and repetitive. I just do the 1st half, which is 30 min. 2 combos with drills. I am quite sweaty from just those 2. In The Ring piques my interest, but just not sure it's intense enough for me.

That's my 2 cents worth. Let me know what you decide on.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-16, 08:52 AM  
Irisg1

I LOVE kickboxing and tried to like Amy Bento's, but I never quite clicked with them. Some of her combos just feel awkward, and don't flow well. If I had to pick a favorite, I would say Kickbox Surge. But even that one I only did twice. I prefer Powerstrike, Cathe and Susan Chung for kickboxing.
Old 04-06-16, 01:48 PM  
mchelle81

😔 I got so excited when I read that title I was like YES AMY GOT NEW KICKBOXING DVD !!!!!!! o 😞
mchelle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 12:57 PM  
acey

There is also Rumble. IMO it is the least intense of her kickboxing workouts. Much more of a measured pace throughout. I usually skip the bag section so that it comes out to be a 40-45-minute workout. I like it for days when I don't feel up to the intensity level of most of her workouts.
Old 04-09-16, 09:33 PM  
jessicavi

I agree with Chomper and Sev that Amy's kickboxing workouts requires time to learn. She tends to throw moves at you in chunks. So if you don't know the names of the moves you could get lost. I certainly have. But I totally love her music and her personality. She makes it soo much fun. I keep going back. However, I draw the line at kickboxing because I've seen her hi-lo and step and those are way more complicated.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-16, 08:43 AM  
desie

I tried Amy Bento when I wanted to branch out and do someone other than Ilaria (Powerstrike). The choreography is too complicated. She has you facing all 4 corners of the room AND using the diagonal, and I felt off balanced and lost, I couldn't follow her verbal cues when I wasn't facing the screen. Plus the moves are too creative, too fast, too much impact, and I realized they weren't safe for me. And I had a smaller workout space than she was using. I would recommend Powerstrike 4 and Powerstrike 6 from Ilaria rather than an Amy workout.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amy bento