Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-16, 12:50 AM  
Lorelai

Does footwear count? I found a pair of Clarks Privo active flats... perfect for me because I don't wear running shoes! For $10!

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-16, 08:46 AM  
bubbles76

Laura that totally counts! Hard for me to find Clarks under $40 unless they are on sale.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-16, 01:43 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Laura that totally counts! Hard for me to find Clarks under $40 unless they are on sale.
I've never owned a pair, and they seem very supportive. They are also in great condition. I'm looking forward to wearing them on outdoor walks in the park (I babywear, so it's like a boosted walk)... I may even be tempted to try them during some of Jessica's walking workouts, which I normally just do barefoot but a little extra support might be nice sometimes.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-16, 05:51 PM  
wendug

I found the Firm's Lower Body Sculpt I with Lisa Kay on VHS for 50 cents at my local thrift store today! I've decided to do a Firm rotation that uses older firms and the fanny lifter so this will be a nice addition to what I currently have. Let's hope my VCR continues to work as a lot of my Firms are on VHS and I haven't upgraded them to DVD yet!
Old 03-10-16, 01:19 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

saw 4 risers and a topper, taped together, for $24.99. i could use another 4 risers, but i held back. i would have needed to make space at home for these. i have a topper that i got from another thrift store for $4.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 01:43 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

From the Salvos I scored a dumbbell Set 10.3 kg. Inside the box, a bar with six cast iron plates. All plates were still wrapped in plastic, there was a warranty card and a wall chart of exercises. $10 This will be great to have as extra weight when DH lifts with me.

DVDs I noticed the same day, Pilates for Dummies with Michelle Dozois, a Gunnar Peterson Core Secrets Fundamentals Ball workout, Yoga TV (Aussie TV Episodes) and a Surfer Girl workout.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-16, 01:25 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Finally something other than Karen Voight, who, by the way, was still there. Unfortunately, these aren't what I'm looking for.

$6.14:
Erin O'Brien Complete Pregnancy Fitness - 2 dvds
The above and:
sealed 10 Minute Trainer
2 cathe dvds in a two disc case - the artwork was printed, the dvds appeared to be genuine. I don't remember the titles
10 minute solution carb burner
Crunch Burn & Firm Pilates
Crunch Fat Burning Pilates
Tracey Mallett Quick Blast
Denise Austin yoga
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-16, 01:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

picked up KCM Trim Down for $1.99.

in the same purchase, i "rescued" some interesting DVDs: Chair Aerobics (Nikki Glazer, sealed), Reflexology (Natural Journeys - remember them?), Peggy Cappy yoga, Shaping Up with Weights for Dummies (Tracy York).

I've always liked Tracy York.

saw lots of other workouts (Winsor power sculpting Abs, Element Yoga).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-16, 02:24 PM  
toomuchjoy

What a find - Trim Down at 1.99. Love that one! Enjoy!
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 09:44 AM  
Aunt Famous

My latest Goodwill finds are backfiring on me, at least on the budget end.

I found two Gilad DVDs in practically brand-new condition, each for $1.99: Step Aerobics and Volume 1 of his Total Body Sculpt TV series.

I LOVE the three Total Body Sculpt workouts -- 23 minutes of fast-paced circuit workouts, featuring a slightly older Gilad who is very mindful of joint issues and the need for functional fitness. There's a ton of integrated core work and some nice nods to Pilates.

In fact, I love the workouts so much that I am going to pay for the download of the available season on Amazon Prime and do a Gilad rotation (along with other stuff).

I never do a rotation. Do you hear me? I NEVER do a rotation. And it's no longer a $1.99 proposition.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aeropilates, kcm, thrift store, thrift store finds