Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-06-16, 11:23 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
That's so sweet!

I bought the Brazil Butt Lift system for $6 at the thrift store.
Wow - great find!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-16, 03:13 PM  
kirby

I swear I had absolutely no intention of buying exercised DVDs, since I have so many that I haven't even tried yet, but .........I was at a 2nd Avenue store today and came upon a vidiot's heaven. They had tons of dvds. I started picking up a few, figuring I'd put them down, like I usually do. Then I turned around to look at the price --- $.90 each, 4 for $2.90. Needless to say, I'm now the proud owner of 8 new dvds (more, if you consider some have multiple disks). I got:
  • Hip Hop Abs (Fat Burning Cardio, Ab Sculpt, Total body Burn, and Secrets to Flat Abs)
  • Self Bikini Ready Fast
  • exhale core fusion barre basics for beginners
  • Cathe basic step + cardio & weights
  • Cathe AfterBurn
  • TaeBo II get Ripped: Basic 1 and Basic 2 workouts
  • Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds express Super Challenge 4 miles
  • Kathy Smith Timesave Cadio Fat Burner
They had a bunch more, including TA's Mat workout, Cardio Dance,and a part 2 and 3 of a workout set; A couple other of Cathe's low intensity workouts; One P90x (but not all); several Malibu fitness titles; several TaeBos, a couple 1-2 mile Leslies, a Kathy Smith tape that went with some weight loss system, a bunch of pilates (Windsor, Gaiam, Denise Austin);a sealed Weider (I think) dvd case that had nothing written on it about the DVDs inside, probably from some set; and many, many others, that I'm forgetting. I had never seen so many at a thrift store. Now I just have to get myself to use my finds.
kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-16, 03:53 PM  
bubbles76

Ah Kirby I'm jealous! Great finds What is a 2nd Avenue?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-16, 05:08 PM  
kirby

Bubbles--It's a thrift store here in Maryland (and in surrounding states). 2nd Ave
I don't go there often because their prices are pretty high for a thrift store. I often can get new items cheaper on sale than what they charge for the same item used. I hadn't been there is almost a year, and they used to have very few dvds. So, I was shocked that they had so many today and at such a bargain.
kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-16, 05:57 PM  
CharM

Gosh, kirby, I would have grabbed a cart and made like I was a contestant on Supermarket Sweep. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gggWmpiEEkY Lucky you!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-16, 06:35 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Wow Kirby, what a great haul! It sounds like someone ditched their whole collection. I love the Self Bikini Ready Fast with Ellen.

This year has been amazing to find so many DVDs here because normally there are none in my charity stores. I'm wondering if people are now streaming and downloading and not wanting their DVDs.

Recently found two Jillians (UK versions) several Tae Bos, a whole set of reformer workouts that I have seen on a TV shopping network, Heal Your Own Leg Pain, Beyond Advanced Yoga (never heard of that one before) two unknown to me yoga pregnancy workouts, two Pink Firms from kits, DVDS only and a box set of four Carmen Electra Fit to Strip (someone up thread found that too I think), I left them all.
I took a Kabbalah Yoga for ambitious beginners $3.25 I am intrigued by this one.

A friend has told me of a Savers store nearby which I didn't know about so I will be visiting soon. I think I am becoming addicted to the hunt....
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-16, 05:51 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Kirby, I nearly fainted looking at that list!!!! I would have probably starting shaking while putting dvds in my basket. Wow how fortunate!!!!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-16, 05:59 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
Wow Kirby, what an great haul! It sounds like someone ditched their whole collection. I love the Self Bikini Ready Fast with Ellen.

This year has been amazing to find so many DVDs here because normally there are none in my charity stores. I'm wondering if people are now streaming and downloading and not wanting their DVDs.

Recently found two Jillians (UK versions) several Tae Bos, a whole set of reformer workouts that I have seen on a TV shopping network, Heal Your Own Leg Pain, Beyond Advanced Yoga (never heard of that one before) two unknown to me yoga pregnancy workouts, two Pink Firms from kits, DVDS only and a box set of four Carmen Electra Fit to Strip (someone up thread found that too I think), I left them all.
I took a Kabbalah Yoga for ambitious beginners $3.25 I am intrigued by this one.

A friend has told me of a Savers store nearby which I didn't know about so I will be visiting soon. I think I am becoming addicted to the hunt....
Oh I know I am addicted to the hunt! I go thrift store shopping specifically (and only let's be honest) searching for fitness dvds and equipment. So far I found The Firm's workout with Emily leading. It was in brand new condition. There is something about that rush of walking in and finding your favorite fitness vids marked down to an incredible price, a price so good you buy that dvd even though you currently own it lol!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-16, 12:40 AM  
Lorelai

I think someone in my town has been purging. I found, off the top of my head, various Gaiam type yoga, a lot of Pilates dvds (Winsor, a Jennifer Kries, etc), Jennifer Galardi's Dance Off the Inches Hip Hop, two Kathy Smith belly dance and one step, KCM Stepboxing & 30 Min to Fitness Circuit, various Biggest Loser/Winner, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, Chris Freytag Prevention Walk Yourself Slim or something like that, Tracy Anderson Method for Beginners, some Billy Blanks, Jessica Smith's 10 Min Solution Blast off Belly Fat or whatever, a Guillermo Gomez kickboxing, a couple of Pink Firms, a vintage Margaret Richard, something by Janis Shaffel, Caribbean Workout Abs, Thighs & Butt or something like that. There were probably others that I'm not remembering. Oh, and two Flirty Girl Fitness dvds. I keep remembering... there was at least one, maybe two, stability ball workouts too.

Unfortunately my Goodwill lists them at $3.99, so I wasn't too tempted by anything except Jen Galardi and maybe Chris Freytag. TA is always a little tempting until I remember that I don't like her all that much. It helps to be broke, but I left it all behind to make some other person's day.

I'm pretty sure it's the most I've ever seen before, so I'll try to keep checking there when I go to town from now on. Unfortunately, Value Village, which gives me coupons when I donate, had virtually nothing, just a four dvd box set of the Firm (Sculpting 2 or something like that). Well, never hurts to look.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-16, 01:57 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

picked up AM PM Callanetics DVD at one of the Saver's in town. with my discount card, it came out to $2.35. i own almost all of the Callan Pinckney Callanetics DVDs, and was happy to have this on DVD. i can replace my VHS version now.

i also saw a bunch of other titles that i usually see - crunchless abs series, bender ball method, tae bo, winsor pilates, core secrets, and a slim in 6 set (old version with shortened SIU).

the unusual fitness DVD i saw today was: Skeletal Fitness by Mirabai Holland. i was thinking "oh no, not a diet DVD." ha ha! i didn't buy it, but when i got home, looked it up on Amazon.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aeropilates, kcm, thrift store, thrift store finds