Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-15, 06:09 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I've got that one somewhere packed away. I was kicked out of my workout room a while back when our oldest daughter moved back home and I packed most of my workout stuff away.

I think I'll dig it out when daughter moves this week to a place with her younger sister.

Love your tips! I'm determined to build up muscle again and make turning 45 tomorrow my best year yet!
Happy B-day. I hope you are having a good time
Old 07-25-15, 06:16 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

You're welcome Sharaz, I really enjoy reading your posts! I'll give this rotation a try for sure! Do you do it on Mon-Wed-Fri and add cardio in between? What do you do first legs? I usually do Total Body wos or Upper and Lower splits.

ETA:

Happy Birthday Rhbrand!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!

Last edited by AsSweetAsSugar; 07-25-15 at 06:26 PM. Reason: eta
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 06:23 PM  
TracyQ

This is so weird. I haven't done this workout in years and just did it yesterday. It had been so long I really couldn't remember too much about it so it was like a new workout. Youch! I went biking today and my glutes are sore.

Sharaz thanks for your great tips/suggestions. I have a lazy left glute (due to an old hip flexor injury I think) and it's hard for me to engage that glute. I think this will be a great workout to work on that. Now that I've rediscovered it, I plan to do this workout more often.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 06:27 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
You're welcome Sharaz, I really enjoy reading your posts! I'll give this rotation a try for sure! Do you do it on Mon-Wed-Fri and add cardio in between? What do you do first legs? I usually do Total Body wos or Upper and Lower splits.

ETA:

Happy Birthday Rhbrand!
Thank you Sugar. I like your posts too

I do Legs first because is the harder and my most important workout. i want to be fresh and come from a rest day to be able to deliver My last rotation was to built up my cardiovascular endurance and maintain. Now, I am setting myself into what I regularly do.

I am doing two leg days. Once heavy and one light. But my legs are strong and use to this. I recommend for you to do Slo-Mo mon-wed-fri and cardio in between. I add 30 mins of cardio after lifting, but is optional.
Old 07-25-15, 06:33 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
Thank you Sugar. I like your posts too

I do Legs first because is the harder and my most important workout. i want to be fresh and come from a rest day to be able to deliver My last rotation was to built up my cardiovascular endurance and maintain. Now, I am setting myself into what I regularly do.

I am doing two leg days. Once heavy and one light. But my legs are strong and use to this. I recommend for you to do Slo-Mo mon-wed-fri and cardio in between. I add 30 mins of cardio after lifting, but is optional.
Thanks Sharaz, I really appreciate your suggestions, I'm taking notes!

So you do cardio after lifting, and the days in between as well?

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 07-25-15, 06:35 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
This is so weird. I haven't done this workout in years and just did it yesterday. It had been so long I really couldn't remember too much about it so it was like a new workout. Youch! I went biking today and my glutes are sore.

Sharaz thanks for your great tips/suggestions. I have a lazy left glute (due to an old hip flexor injury I think) and it's hard for me to engage that glute. I think this will be a great workout to work on that. Now that I've rediscovered it, I plan to do this workout more often.
You're welcome Yes, is good for muscle imbalances and for mind/muscle connection. The slow tempo help you concentrate on the muscle that is moving the weight and put more time under tension. I engage and think in terms of I am moving the weight with my glutes, etc. instead of just doing for doing it, doing it bc is a cool move or thinking about unicorns lol
Old 07-25-15, 06:38 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Thanks Sharaz, I really appreciate your suggestions, I'm taking notes!

So you do cardio after lifting, and the days in between as well?
Yes, 30 mins after lifting and the days between. With these workouts I am doing steady and no so much impact. My DOMS last days.

ETA - I do a lot of jump-rope, which is high impact for some. I can handle it fine.
Old 07-25-15, 06:46 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
Yes, 30 mins after lifting and the days between. With these workouts I am doing steady and no so much impact. My DOMS last days.

ETA - I do a lot of jump-rope, which is high impact for some. I can handle it fine.
It sounds great, thanks again. I can't wait to give this rotation a try, it is totally dif. from what I usually do.

Old 07-25-15, 07:47 PM  
MARIKA

Sharaz, I love Slo-Mo haven't done it in forever. My question is the thinking of unicorns is not good? That's my problem!Also I saw these on you tube for those who don't have them. Think I'll do legs next week, missing heavy work since finishing Beast.
Old 07-26-15, 10:26 AM  
rhbrand

I found my copy! And I get my workout room back this week, maybe as soon as today if we can get my daughter's bed moved today before more rain comes.

So guess what workout will be on my list for this week? Just guess lol!

Tags
amy bento, amy bento ross, amy bento strength, slo-mo, slo-mo strength