Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-15, 10:31 PM  
Sharaz

Amy Bento Slo-Mo Legs - my way

Amy Bento Slo-Mo Legs - my way

I love this workout mainly due to the Tempo. I know how to train glutes, so my interest is hearing Amy counting for me. I lift heavy and my all purpose is to destroy in pieces my glutes, hammies, quads, everything legs

This is my Slo-Mo legs version

Sumo Squats - better to hold a dumbbells or kb between your legs for wider stance, point toes out, much better if you get on top of two bench/chair and squat deep until dumbbells or kb pass your feet

Jefferson Squats - Well, she is not doing Jefferson Squats, but her own version. Anyhow, in order to hit glutes/hammies deeply I perform sumo stance RDL's with toes elevated.

Here you can see what I am talking about at the 4 min mark. Great form and tempo and of course squeeze at the top. Don't forget that. Also how wide she goes with sumo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlmhPbro0mw

Cradle Side Lunges - this is ok. This is the way I always perform side lunges. I keep my working leg on the ground to maintain constant tension on the glutes. Go down and push your butt way way wayyyy back.

Wobble Hack Squats - This one works the quads. I use a closer stance to work outside of the leg too. No wobble, no curls. Hold the static contraction while she is wobbling.

Hammy Rockers - This is an elevated lunge with single leg deadlift. Perfect!!!

Glute Wraps - No. Standard glute kickbacks works better for me. Put ankle weights on depending on your strength select weight, no weigh for starters. Lean forward on a table for larger range of motion or get on top of swiss ball.

Single Leg Squats - No. She is moving too fast and cheating with her hand on top of the ball. I perform 2 sets of 8 single leg box squats. I use weight, but for starters unweighted or both feet box squats aka - sit and stands.

I love this workout soooooo much I also like her as an instructor. Thank you Amy!!!
Old 07-24-15, 10:56 PM  
rhbrand

I've got that one somewhere packed away. I was kicked out of my workout room a while back when our oldest daughter moved back home and I packed most of my workout stuff away.

I think I'll dig it out when daughter moves this week to a place with her younger sister.

Love your tips! I'm determined to build up muscle again and make turning 45 tomorrow my best year yet!
Old 07-24-15, 10:59 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I've got that one somewhere packed away. I was kicked out of my workout room a while back when our oldest daughter moved back home and I packed most of my workout stuff away.

I think I'll dig it out when daughter moves this week to a place with her younger sister.

Love your tips! I'm determined to build up muscle again and make turning 45 tomorrow my best year yet!
yeahhhh You can do it
Old 07-25-15, 12:42 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I remember this one being a killer. I should dig it out. I may print out your suggestions and keep them around for doing this workout. However, I wouldn't elevate my feet that high. I think that's a knee killer.
Old 07-25-15, 08:05 AM  
bubbles76

Love your suggestions! Can't quite picture what you mean by Glute Wraps, so I'll have to look that one up. I always do my Sumo Squats the way you describe. I can't remember who I first saw do them this way (probably Cathe!), but I find that it feels tougher and I can go heavier like this.

What do you mean by "I perform sumo stance RDL's with toes elevated." What are RDL's?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHBRAND!!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 11:02 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

RDL = Romanian (stiff legged) deadlifts. In this case with legs and toes turned out.
Old 07-25-15, 04:34 PM  
T2B

Thanks for sharing. I don't have any of Amy's Slo Mo workouts but now I want them.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 05:05 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Thanks for sharing. I don't have any of Amy's Slo Mo workouts but now I want them.
Yes thanks Sharaz, great tips! I never heard of Jefferson squats before, so I checked it on youtube, look like a great exercise.

Same here! T2B, I found them in youtube if you'd like to check it out, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...NKInMJ6Btq4vXY

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 06:01 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Love your suggestions! Can't quite picture what you mean by Glute Wraps, so I'll have to look that one up. I always do my Sumo Squats the way you describe. I can't remember who I first saw do them this way (probably Cathe!), but I find that it feels tougher and I can go heavier like this.

What do you mean by "I perform sumo stance RDL's with toes elevated." What are RDL's?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHBRAND!!
Hey Bubbles, Jane already answered but if you look at the link I posted the girl does elevated sumo RDL's. Regular RDL's put more focus on hammies where sumo works both glutes/hammies. Jefferson squats are good, but I prefer to shift the focus to the back of the leg to a greater degree during Slo-Mo. The workout hits all sides of the legs at the end anyway.

The glute wraps is when she put the bar behind the foot. Akward movement that for me takes the focus from to the muscle to balancing the bar and not injuring yourself.
Old 07-25-15, 06:04 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Yes thanks Sharaz, great tips! I never heard of Jefferson squats before, so I checked it on youtube, look like a great exercise.

Same here! T2B, I found them in youtube if you'd like to check it out, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...NKInMJ6Btq4vXY
Thanks Sugar for posting the link. I think these workouts are a good 3 week rotation anytime. There is no many workouts with slow tempo out there. Good for maximizing time under tension and build muscle. Concentration is the key. I feel my glutes shaking during the workout lol Starters may try with even no weights or a light dumbbell. Is tough in a good way for me

T2B - I have Slow & Heavy but is still virgin. I may pull it out for a 3 week rotation after EBE2. Seems I may like that one too. I was looking to change my lifting tempo. I chose Amy bc I didn't want to get bore with Cathe since I was using her workouts mainly on my last rotation.

Tags
amy bento, amy bento ross, amy bento strength, slo-mo, slo-mo strength