Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-03-15, 08:43 PM  
CharM

Ha! Now I'm picturing us racing through stores. I didn't take the time to look through equipment, I didn't think I'd last.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 01:57 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
The things one does for vidiocy. I walked into a Goodwill the other day, and my god did it smell. My stomach turned, I thought I was going to be sick. Did I leave?
[insert shaking head smiley]....

we're very fortunate that our GW's and Savers stores are well-managed. i'm pretty sure that they launder all of the clothes because i rarely smell anything stinky. about the only time there was something objectionable was a suit that reeked of moth balls. but other than that, everything's been cleaned.

however, our salvation army stores leave so much to be desired. not only does it usually smell, i see lots of dirty merchandise. the books are really dusty too. needless to say, i rarely go into a salvation army.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 05:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

purchased at a used book store:

Leslie Sansone walk to the hits radio remixes $5

this one was on my to buy list!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 11:33 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
purchased at a used book store:

I saw this one several weeks ago at a Goodwill. I didn't buy it because I hadn't heard of it and the DVDs are a little pricey at my local Goodwill. I did check if it was there on my next trip and it was gone (of course).

I did buy an unopened Physique57 Classic 57 Minute Full Body Workout a few weeks ago at another Goodwill for $2. I was pretty excited
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 11:52 PM  
lingo10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I saw this one several weeks ago at a Goodwill. I didn't buy it because I hadn't heard of it and the DVDs are a little pricey at my local Goodwill. I did check if it was there on my next trip and it was gone (of course).

I did buy an unopened Physique57 Classic 57 Minute Full Body Workout a few weeks ago at another Goodwill for $2. I was pretty excited
Oooo that P57 Classic

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 12:25 AM  
CharM

Quote:
[insert shaking head smiley]....

we're very fortunate that our GW's and Savers stores are well-managed. i'm pretty sure that they launder all of the clothes because i rarely smell anything stinky. about the only time there was something objectionable was a suit that reeked of moth balls. but other than that, everything's been cleaned.
I could have said the same thing, until I walked in that day. There's never been anything smelly, much less the entire store. I should have asked an employee about it. Oh well, I'll just have to find out the hard way if it's safe to go back.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Nice!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-15, 03:20 PM  
Mommapew

I just picked up the complete set of Kettlework today. I know they didn't get good reviews but I couldn't resist. I should ask for a Kettlebell now for Xmas
Mommapew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-15, 07:13 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Very rare to find fitness related here but that doesn't stop me trying. This week at my favourite charity store 'Vinnies' with outside racks I found Relax Into Stretch by Pavel Tsatsouline. On the back cover running time is 37 mins and it's a Dragon Door Publication. $3, looks worth a try.
Pilates for Men with Lindsey Jackson $3
I left 2 unopened Pink Firms from Kits, A Fit Ball and a Sculpting Ball Workout.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-15, 07:56 AM  
little bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommapew View Post
I just picked up the complete set of Kettlework today. I know they didn't get good reviews but I couldn't resist. I should ask for a Kettlebell now for Xmas
I bought this set at Ollies for $5 a few years ago.

Tags
high step topper, thrift shop, thrift store, thrift store finds