Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-14, 01:51 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Mine here never have anything either, Jackie. Years ago I did find the Firm Transfirmer and all the DVDs, unused, for $10.
Oh, I forgot! I did get the Fanny Lifter for $3.98! I also found the dvd's that went with it, but passed on those. I use it in Jessica's step workouts.
Old 01-06-14, 02:24 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Oh, I forgot! I did get the Fanny Lifter for $3.98! I also found the dvd's that went with it, but passed on those. I use it in Jessica's step workouts.
Sweet.
Old 01-06-14, 02:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i found Yoga Booty Ballet Live Go-Go at the local Saver's - i think it was $1.99.

a few weeks before that, i found Leslie's 3 Mega Miles at Goodwill, and it was marked down by 50%, for a net cost of $1.50.

on the same visit, i found a used Bread Man bread machine in brand new condition - $9.99. i was able to test it in the store, and after i cleaned it up at home, did a marathon session of bread baking!!!! my old bread machine broke in October - that was a Goodwill find too. i was therefore determined to find a replacement.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 06:36 PM  
lingo10

Two good finds at goodwill:

Cathe Stretch Max at $2.50
&
Rodney Yee Yoga for your week $1.50

Two good stretch dvds, this is looking to be a good year for finds.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-14, 02:25 AM  
gymmom

Allie's WAVE ab ad-on for $2.95. I always seem to find the original workouts that came with it but the ad-ons are rare.
gymmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 07:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

how ironic.

i was posting in the Bargain forum on the thread about Firm Express (groupon and Amazon deals). i went to a nearby Goodwill, and found the entire set, minus the "Sculpt" disc from Ignite phase by Emily. Everything else seems to be in there, like the literature and even the bonus disc.

i figure i can sub the Sculpt disc from one of the other phases. too bad it wasn't the Ignite Cardio that was missing - i have that on the retail disc already.

drumroll: all for $5.23.

someone must have unloaded their entire Firm collection, because below it, i saw almost all of the pink firms, a few BSS's, and some Benson Era workouts, like the Bust & Butt DVD. i'm not a Tamala fan, so i passed.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 01-23-14, 07:14 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Bzar...sent you a pm. thanks! julie

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 07:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i went to a nearby Goodwill, and found the entire set, minus the "Sculpt" disc from Ignite phase by Emily.
is the Sculpt workout from the retail "Turbocharge" DVD the one i seem to be missing from the FE set?

if so, then i think i have that.

Old 01-23-14, 08:37 PM  
Pam

Found 3 pieces of workout equipment yesterday at thrift stores:

A new Travel Mat-it is about 6' long and made to easily fold up. It will take up a lot less room in a suitcase than a rolled up mat. $3

A Bally Twist Disk For $2 I would give it try.

A Rope Hammock $8 An enjoyable equipment for the cool-down from a workout!
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 09:01 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Bought two VHS tapes last week:

CIA 2K08 Cardio Options with Linda McHugh
Reebok Aerostep with Gin Miller

Price was one dollar each, helpfully marked in black marker across the front of each (I'm usually not overly picky about the condition of used videos, but wouldn't a removable sticker have worked just as well?)
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bargain, thrift store finds, thrift stores, thrift stores finds, thrift stores.