Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-13, 09:32 AM  
JustSandra

I found the original Turbo Jam set, originally marked at $2.99 but it was half price so I paid $1.63. It was in excellent condition. I enjoyed revisiting the TJ universe but decided it wasn't for me anymore and sold it on Amazon for a nice profit.

I also just bought two pair of jeans at Goodwill, one pair Coldwater Creek and the other Liz Claiborne. They fit perfectly! Total for both was $13.98, which included a $1.00 donation towards their job training program. I was needing some nice jeans (I wear them at work) so it was a timely find!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 10:18 AM  
sherry7899

I am so jealous of those of you who can find great things at your Goodwill stores. The two near me just have junk. I never find anything there-clothing or fitness. I stopped going.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 11:47 AM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am so jealous of those of you who can find great things at your Goodwill stores. The two near me just have junk. I never find anything there-clothing or fitness. I stopped going.

Sherry
Same here. Nada. Nothing. Stopped going.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 12:02 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

Sherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Same here. Nada. Nothing. Stopped going.
i think the mgt of each store/organization, can really make a difference. for years, only 1 of the Goodwill's had opened a new location, and it was always well organized and clean, and contained excellent items w/good prices. then when Saver's came to town, they upped the competition - same strategy as that new Goodwill (cleanliness, etc).

Saver's also instituted a lot of new strategies like partnering with other non-profits to collect items from the donors. also, instituting coupons, sales, 99¢ days, etc. they succeed in "turning over" their merchandise and continually bring in new items.

our Salvation Army's aren't worth going into. i wish they would adopt better retail strategies. i went in one a few years back and some of their DVDs were dirty with broken cases.

back on topic: i found a bunch of pink firms that i was interested in when they first came out and picked up an old Ellen that i didn't necessarily need:

Zero in 10 Target Toning (sealed)
Power Half Hour (i know people slammed this one, but i liked emily)
Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates

i like what you guys scored/saw - Physique 57 (!!!!), Pop Physique (!!!), ZIN, Brooks blouses.... wow.

i was at Saver's last week, and was so excited to buy a sunbeam stand mixer. mine broke down around Christmas. it's a model from the 80s i think. this replacement i found was newer than mine and barely ever used. $5 after the 50% sale was applied! i was able to use my existing bowls with it and this turn-table disc from my broken machine.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 12:59 PM  
cam522

This morning I went to the Salvation Army to drop off some things so I decided to stop in usually they don't have anything but I did find Tracy Anderson's Mat Workout for $2.99 so I bought it.

...Cheryl

JMBR graduate 06/13
BJ Gaddour's MetaShred 11/02/2019
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 08:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

found a matching pair of sports authority neoprene 6# dumbbells - $3 each, total of $6!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 03-27-13, 10:03 AM  
F1mom

I'm making a Goodwill run this week hoping to find some good books, workouts and maybe another pair of jeans for myself.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 04:42 PM  
CharM

Santa Teresa GW in San Jose has a new in box BOSU for $40 (directly from Target)
sealed Leslie Slim & Sleek 3.49 - was going to buy it but because mine has scratches, but decided that would be stupid
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-13, 03:20 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Santa Teresa GW in San Jose has a new in box BOSU for $40 (directly from Target)
sealed Leslie Slim & Sleek 3.49 - was going to buy it but because mine has scratches, but decided that would be stupid
even though i have a regular sized bosu, i've often wondered about getting the mini-bosu.

i found a Body Wisdom core ball DVD - still sealed, for $3.99, at Savers the other day. instructor is Karen Garcia. also found a blueray/regular DVD of the newest 007 movie - Skyfall, for $4.99.

Old 05-27-13, 10:23 AM  
LauraBella

I picked up some old Mari Winsors for a dollar at Goodwill. No one bit on trade or SASE, but I traded them into Amazon for 9$. Which, of course, I'll put towrad new workouts, most likely.

Tags
thrift store finds