Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-12, 06:45 AM  
bearcatfan

Amy Bento is shutting down her website

She put this message on both her personal and fan Facebook page:

I have decided to streamline my media and expenses etc... I will be shutting down my website as of January 7, 2012. I plan to use this page, my personal FB page, twitter and a blog to communicate news to everyone. My email contact information will also change. If you wish to contact me via email, please message me through facebook.

Just passing it along. Her fan site is "Amy Bento Fans".
Old 01-02-12, 11:20 AM  
bubbles76

Aww that's too bad! I really liked looking at her long clips. I guess she feels that since there are tons of clips already out there she should lower her expenses anyway she can. Plus, I guess she could open up a YouTube channel. Does that cost anything?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 11:21 AM  
Elise7

Would someone with facebook be willing to ask Amy to make her fan page available to those of us w/o facebook? I would really appreciate it.

Some instructor's facebook pages (like Cathe's) are open to the public which is really nice, but some require you to be a facebook member.
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 03:21 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise7 View Post
Would someone with facebook be willing to ask Amy to make her fan page available to those of us w/o facebook? I would really appreciate it.

Some instructor's facebook pages (like Cathe's) are open to the public which is really nice, but some require you to be a facebook member.
totally agree with this. i think vendors need to be aware that not everyone wants or is willing to become a facebook member.
Old 01-02-12, 03:34 PM  
Gancho Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
totally agree with this. i think vendors need to be aware that not everyone wants or is willing to become a facebook member.
I agree too. I'm not on facebook and have no plans to change that anytime soon. If instructors are only accessible via facebook, then I don't access them (and they don't get the chance to sell me something!).

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 03:40 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Aww that's too bad! I really liked looking at her long clips. I guess she feels that since there are tons of clips already out there she should lower her expenses anyway she can. Plus, I guess she could open up a YouTube channel. Does that cost anything?
She uses Vimeo now to host her clips, which is better than YouTube. The forum appears to be gone now. Instead of a group, maybe she should create a fan page? Those are usually open to the public.
Old 01-02-12, 04:43 PM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gancho Girl View Post
I agree too. I'm not on facebook and have no plans to change that anytime soon. If instructors are only accessible via facebook, then I don't access them (and they don't get the chance to sell me something!).
Oops, I made a mistake. I was thinking I just got Amy Bento workouts, but it was KCM workouts I got.

My sentiments remain though. I don't do facebook and think instructors are going to miss out if they aren't more accessible.
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 06:13 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Don't facebook either and I want her next two dvds, if she's going to release them.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 08:07 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Don't facebook either and I want her next two dvds, if she's going to release them.
Yes, the forum was how I kept up with her since I'm not on FB either.

Her husband had neck surgery last week and her work has been crazy so she said she was going to regroup in the new year and do the presale then. I know she's certainly not getting in any kind of hurry. Makes me think things must really be tough for her right now.
Old 01-02-12, 10:58 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I know it's none of my business, but I'm super curious. What kind of work does Amy do? Obviously she teaches fitness, but what is her other job that takes her out of the country?
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amy bento, amy bento preorder, amy bento ross