Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-20, 10:42 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Hi everyone, I'm going to take a break until after Memorial Day. We are really busy here and I've got a crew of 25-30 people to cook for on Saturday. Everything is outside so that will be good. plenty of space. My back arthritis got aggravated so I'm being extra careful and all the prep is taking more time. The weather is fantastic though. Catch up with you later.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 08:55 PM  
Vantreesta

I listened to the governor's talk today and bars and restaurants can open June 1 for outside dining only and salons, barbershop and tattoo parlors can open, with masks mandatory for employees and customers. I think the said indoor dining and gyms might be in the next phase and they are having a hard time deciding the safest thing for churches. He wants them to open bc he said we really need that but also that singing is one of the worst things we can do when trying to stop the spread.

Yesterday I did PT and day 16 of Kassandra's Morning Yoga Movement (which was fantastic) and then after our first walk I ran 3:1 intervals for 1.57 miles then did day 1 of DoYouYoga Strong & Calm challenge.

Today I did PT and day 17 of Kassandra (another really good one) and after our first walk I ran intervals again for 1.83 miles, did day 4 of the Crossrope 14 Day Beginner's Challenge and then day 2 of Strong & Calm.

I keep meaning to do episodes of CS too but they're on the DVR in the living room and I feel ridiculous doing those if hubby walks in the room!

Katie, I hope everything goes well with the crew there. Take care of yourself and hope your back feels better soon.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 09:27 PM  
Leonana

I'm doing Jessica Smith's Ab Week schedule. Today was the Total Body Focus from Walk Strong 2, Boost Metabolism dvd.

Katie, I hope your back feels better. I can't believe Memorial Day is almost here. Your cookout sounds fun.

Vannie, it sounds like you are doing well with your PT and running. I think everything is open here, but with social distancing and masks for salons and restaurants.
Old 05-21-20, 09:18 AM  
MathTeacher

I am still doing Liift4 with Callanetics mixed in. I have a week left of Liift4. I think I will start back at week one when I finish this round.

Katie, I hope your back is better soon. I am glad you are having great weather. It has been typical Arkansas weather lately. Hot, warm, cool, wet, dry, all in one week.

Vannie, I admire people who do yoga. I get so frustrated. And I laugh really hard when I fall!

Sherry, I have seller remorse all the time over Jessica Smith. I've thought about buying Walk Strong 3 again, but I've met me. I'd probably just sell it again.
Old 05-21-20, 11:48 AM  
Leonana

MT, I don't use WS3 often, now that I'm 60 and am dialing it down some. However, I like the fusion workouts in that set. I love her newest dvds', the Get Strong and Power Walk. Also, the WS1 and 2 programs are faves. I also like her newest You Tube workouts, they are less intense. Although, they are a year old now. She has mentioned she is working on something new, so I'm hopeful!
Old 05-22-20, 08:27 AM  
Vantreesta

Woke up really dizzy yesterday so I went back to sleep till almost 10. Did feel less dizzy after that but low energy all day, no workouts. Went to the chiropractor in the afternoon and body felt so much better after. He wants me back in a week bc everything is so messed up from not going for several months. Unfortunately I woke up dizzy again today. I did most of my PT exercises but had to skip some bc of the dizziness. So I guess for sure no yoga today and probably no run either.

I really need to get serious about getting more sleep.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-22-20, 02:22 PM  
Leonana

I did Day 5 of Jessica's Core Fitness schedule, WS3 Cardio HIIT. Although, since I can't do high impact, the HIIT part is a little iffy. Still, an overall good workout.

Vannie, I'm sorry you are feeling dizzy. I hope you can get more sleep. Hugs.
Old 05-22-20, 02:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Sherry. It's frustrating: I feel exhausted all afternoon and get a second wind around 8 when we go for our last walk and don't feel sleepy again till like midnight at least. It's a matter of me just saying I'm going to bed and actually doing it! But I think the messed up sleep schedule isn't helping the dizziness. I get up btwn 6:30 and 7 every day but bedtime can vary by 2-3 hours.

Old 05-23-20, 09:20 AM  
Vantreesta

June thread is up

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=228655

Old 05-26-20, 07:31 AM  
Vantreesta

I wish I could say the dizziness is gone but it's not. I had some degree of it all wknd plus a headache one day. We spent the wknd with my father-in-law and I pretty much slept and crocheted the whole time. I took two naps on Saturday, a long one on Sunday and part of the way home yesterday. The past few months really seem to he catching up with me. Sunday I didn't even get 2000 steps.

The number of asymptomatic people with covid scares me. I worry about being one of those people and passing it unknowingly. We did stay in the house with my father-in-law but we didn't hug at all, which is so hard. It is concerning that some people are just appearing to go back to life as normal when we know this virus is not over yet. We didn't see very many masks this wknd. Surprisingly I saw the most being worn at Walmart.

I had an opportunity to adopt a sweet dog this wknd but had to say no bc Cyric doesn't get along with other dogs. It was so hard to say no but I know it's the best decision for both dogs, plus Cyric is still a lot of work on his own. Turning 3 a couple weeks ago didn't seem to mellow him out yet!