Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-20-20, 01:43 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, did you get the same brown rice brand as before? We have been able to find things like paper products, but it seems that our store has switched mainly to their own store brand. Thanks for the nice comments about my YouTube channel! I winged the "trailer," so I'm glad it looked okay. I will probably move to filming less often over the summer with being off work (and eventually the studio reopening).

Sandra, DH and I were just talking about how although many of the virtual services were available before (including telehealth), the pandemic has given them a big push forward. Like you, I expect that these things are now around for the long haul and will even be more desired by consumers.

cyana, I forgot to mention before that a former client who still reaches out to me from time to time told me last week that her yoga studio closed. I expect some around here will close too, as there are so many smaller ones that have sprung up in recent years. Obviously I hope that is not the case with my own studio!

Today I was late for a Zoom meeting because I totally lost track of time. Luckily it was just 5 minutes!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 04:06 PM  
Anny

Hi everyone, sorry for the late check in!

cyanaI haven’t heard of any yoga or Pilates studios near me closing - just yet anyway. I know a number of places are running online classes.

Paine things seem to be normal at all our stores and there doesn’t seem to be any shortages though I may buy different brands than usual.

Sandra I also think people are using technology that has been around for awhile and will probably keep using them now they have been tried; one of my sons who lives nearby has the flu and bronchitis. Because of the initial symptoms he had to go to a testing centre for COVID-19 and received the negative test back in a day and a half (thank heavens it was negative!). Anyway, his follow up consults and prescriptions for antibiotics has been via Telehealth, something he had never used before.

Beth have you enjoyed making the videos for your channel? I know you put a lot of effort into each practice.

I’ve been doing walking and have taken a little yoga break- I’ll get back to that challenger though! Instead I have been doing a short Ellen Barrett workout each morning, around the 30 minute mark. I’m at work four days this week and working remotely one day. Yesterday was Body for Life for Women, a typical 30 minute Ellen Barrett Pilates inspired workout. This morning I am doing her Crunch Pick Your Sport Pilates.
Old 05-20-20, 04:34 PM  
cyana

Today:
YT - Healing Heart Meditation for Troubled Times - Temple Sounds. Posted 3.26.2020. 25 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAH3DM4yBbE (really liked this one).
YT - Healing Body & Clear Mind Meditation for Troubled Times - Temple Sounds. Posted 3.28.2020. 20 minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hopBFXCMQ8
5.4.2020 - Holden Streaming qi gong class
Upper body weights - on my own

Beth - That was a long time to be on a virtual conference. Were you on camera, or did you just have to listen? At least I can fidget away if no one is watching! Unfortunately, I won't be surprised if some studios don't re-open since so many are operating on a shoestring in the best of times. The larger studio in town (I used to go to this one, but parking is such a nightmare and my favorite teacher left) re-opened within the past week. I would imagine their rent is pretty hefty.

Paine - I'm glad you found brown rice this week - good move to pick up extra. Sometimes I feel like I'm shopping for Noah's Ark - two of this, two of that. We're good on paper towels for a while, , thank goodness. Still haven't been able to get any T.P. - long live Costco giant packs of T.P.!! At least we still have plenty. This week I've dreamed about work - NOT what I want to be dreaming about while I'm off!!!

Anny - Oh no, I'm so sorry that your son is sick, but happy to hear that he tested negative for COVID-19. I've never used Telehealth either, but it has become quite popular for all sorts of MD visits recently. I'll be sending your son some get well soon vibes.

Sandra - DH has been a high utilizer of virtual services for years. We get our access to Acorn TV through the library system.

Carolyn - I've had a nagging headache several days this week - just one of those annoying things, nothing major. Glad you enjoyed your week-end getaway. One of my friends who lives in the western US sent me some pictures of a week-end hike and they were lovely. I was so jealous!

Waves to all!!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 04:53 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I completely understand about you filming less. I'm sure it takes a lot of time to make videos.
I bought the same brand of rice as the one we bought last week since we knew it was good (it was the only brand they had both today and last week!).

Sandra, none of the libraries in the L.A. county area are open for curbside service but I can understand that since Los Angeles has significantly more coronavirus cases and deaths than Sacramento.

Anny, thank goodness that your son doesn't have the coronavirus!

Cyana, I don't blame you for not wanting to dream about work, LOL. When I was in college and I had a big test the next day, I would dream all night that I was studying for the exam.
I hope your brother is doing better (I'm sending him healing thoughts!).
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 08:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny glad you dropped in! You got in some classic workouts. I do enjoy doing the YouTube videos, so long as I keep it pretty casual and don't over-think them. It can sometimes be hard to come up with new and different themes, and scheduling around DH can be tricky, so I might taper off a bit. So sorry to hear that your son is sick but very glad his test was negative!

Carolyn, thank goodness we didn't have to be on camera for the conference! I actually thought we would be--there was a lengthy instructional video we had to watch ahead of time that was very condescending about how we needed to use the video and to address appropriately. Your workouts today sound interesting!

Paine, the videos are pretty time consuming between planning (which I try to keep to a minimum, but I usually come up with a theme/take a few notes), setting up, filming, and uploading. At least I'm not doing editing since I don't know how! I do also choose the photo from the video that will be featured.

Happy Hump Day all! This little meme made me laugh this week:

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-21-20, 03:34 AM  
Anny

Beth I cracked up at that comic! Thank you.

And I can imagine that the creation of the yoga videos would be very time consuming.

Paine, Bethand cyana thank you for the well wishes for my sick son. We were so happy to hear that the test for COVID-19 was negative, that having bronchitis almost pales in comparison.

Sandra we received news from the NSW Premier that our state libraries, art galleries and museums will be open again (with social distancing) from June 1 . Coffee shops and restaurants opened last weekend for a maximum of ten people with social distancing.

Planning tomorrow’s workout and I may continue the classic Ellen Barrett theme with Self Bikini Ready Fast.
Old 05-21-20, 07:38 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny glad you enjoyed the comic! I have a pretty goofy sense of humor--and I like puns.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-21-20, 10:45 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Functionally Fit Lower Body workout#1
YouTube Muffintop Shredder Workout (blogilates)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bczcW7MTIYQ

I got some squats in with Kathy's Lower Body segment.

Beth, I like that comic!
Old 05-21-20, 01:23 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine,

This is another day when my schedule has gotten all out of whack! I haven't exercised yet.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-22-20, 10:41 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Lastics "Feel the Rush practice"
Beginning Yoga with Erich Schiffmann (first 20 minutes)

Both Lastics and Erich Schiffman's yoga felt good this morning.

Beth, I hope your day today is less hectic.

I'm waving to everyone!