Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-12-20, 08:19 PM  
counterclockwise

I’ve heard stories of buyers saying items are defective, while they aren’t, but they are trying to get you to give them a refund without requesting it be sent back. You know, because why bother, it’s “defective”. And then they’ll give you good feedback. I sincerely hope that isn’t what they are playing at.

Or similar situations where they say they never got it. People!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 10:27 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
I’ve heard stories of buyers saying items are defective, while they aren’t, but they are trying to get you to give them a refund without requesting it be sent back. You know, because why bother, it’s “defective”. And then they’ll give you good feedback. I sincerely hope that isn’t what they are playing at.

Or similar situations where they say they never got it. People!
Yeah, I cleaned house and sold a bunch of random stuff before a move once on eBay and that was enough. Problem people like this just want free stuff, forget it.

I still buy from eBay occasionally, but not after doing a lot of searching and being very particular about the sellers.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-20, 11:15 AM  
wendug

It is not just Ebay, unfortunately. I sold a mosaic mirror through Etsy in March. Being a mirror, I wrapped the piece really well in bubble wrap and foam before shipping it out. The buyer contacted me to ask if I shipped the piece damaged. I said, "no" and asked her to send me a photo of the damage. It looked like she pried off a piece of tile from the mosaic and everything else was fine. I understand things can happen in shipping and I'll work with the buyer, but this buyer wanted a FULL refund and she wanted to keep the mirror! Um, it doesn't work that way! I did give her a partial refund, but it is shocking what people will try to get away with!
Old 05-13-20, 02:31 PM  
antbuko

I stopped selling years ago because of this. I just didn't want to deal with buyers, period.
Old 05-13-20, 04:12 PM  
sherry7899

Julie and Wendy, I am so sorry those things happened to you both.

We sell on Amazon, and some of the customers are utterly ridiculous. We had a customer demand a full refund for an Elvis concert dvd he bought and watched because he said it did not include a particular song he knew Elvis performed. My DH who is an Elvis geek said the guy was right-he did perform it at that show-but it was edited out of the dvd release. There was a song listing included in the description. The dvd was new and sealed and he wanted a full refund. Amazon was on our side on that one.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-20, 04:30 PM  
LAC

Juliel, I'm sorry this happened to you. My son has gotten burned a couple of times selling things on ebay too. It stinks.

I've had a really crappy day (actually a whole crappy month so far) and Gams' and Taiga's replies made me snicker a little bit. Thanks, I needed that!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-20, 04:35 PM  
jusca

lol @ the compliment. sorry, you've gotta deal with that buyer.

the return policy on sites like ebay and paypal gives scandulous buyers ample opportunity to make out like a bandit. i nervously sold some mint condition dvds about 2 years ago. the buyer never left feedback but i was nervous with the 6 month timeframe to open a complaint for a silly reason and those dvds went for $100+ which i didnt have just sitting around if a complaint came weeks later. i'd sell only on vfroost or directly to a 3rd party like decluttr from now on. the high fees, the bad buyers and buyer favoring return policy solidified my resolve never to sell on ebay, amazon, and similar sites.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 06:28 AM  
Rhonda

I used to sell on eBay a lot but one bad time and I haven't sold since. I sold some Cathe VHS tapes and when the person got them she said they didn't play. They played fine when I had them so how do they not play fine now. She was really not nice. Saying they were broken and such but wouldn't send me pictures. I packaged them really well. That was the last time I sold on eBay.

I have a lot of DVDs and VHS to pass along, and I want to post them here but waiting for the stay at home orders to be lifted so no one has to wait forever to get them.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 10:33 PM  
fanofladyvols

I did hop on eBay last month to try to find items not available on Amazon and actually had super smooth transactions after a long hiatus. I have compiled my good seller list but had to branch out and was pleasantly surprised they all went well. I don't do Facebook so it was nice to have that as an option.

I was glad there are some great sellers to be found. Lately, it's been really hard to determine the accuracy of the ratings and reviews for sellers on Amazon and eBay.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 04:36 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

my returned dvd arrived today. Fortunately she did not damage it. It played fine in my not so new dvd player. i'm glad to be done with that!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebay