Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-20, 07:55 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I have slept so well in the past couple of nights. It has felt good. Yesterday was interesting with the video. I filmed it on Wednesday. When i went to edit it yesterday, I found out the top was cut off so people couldn't see what I demoed. So, I redid it. I tested it out to be sure you could see everything, but the software wasn't working right, so I rebooted my computer. I filmed it and found that when I rebooted my computer that it reverted back to my computer's webcam (which doesn't work) rather than the external webcam which does work. So, I didn't show up. So, I did it again. <insert hair-pulling-out emoji here> I was really tired of doing it by that time, but fortunately it worked. I hope to edit it and get it up today.

It has been cooler and beautiful here. Yesterday, I went out right before noon to see if I could see the flyover they were doing to thank health care workers. Didn't see anything, but it was a beautiful day to hang out on a street corner.

Anita - We had a freeze the other morning and are supposed to have another one Mother's Day. I imagine you are having them more given how much further north you are.

Paula - I'm sorry about your SIL's dad. Those types of facilities have been so hard hit. It's hard when it's someone you know, even if it's not well. I've always exercised in the morning, but these days it's hit and miss.

Dede - I don't go many places other than the grocery store and walks in my neighborhood. At the grocery store yesterday, it was probably 50/50 with people wearing them and not. It's hard to get away from exercise habits. I hope you identify workotus that work for you now.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 08:09 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This Sunday is Mother's Day. Here are a couple of possible themes in case I don't get in. Actually, if I do get in, I'll use one of these.

Crone Cronies - Here's To Strong Women. May We Know Them, Be Them, Raise Them. May 10

Original quote:

Here's to strong women.
May we know them.
May we be them.
May we raise them.

Crone Cronies - Life Doesn't Come With a Manual. It Comes With a Mother. May 10

Crone Cronies - Any Mother Could Do the Job of Several Air Traffic Controllers May 10

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 07:51 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was the stretching section of my PT routine then Leslie Sansone's Pilates You Can Do - both workouts, followed by Yoga With Adriene Dedicate Day 8. Beautiful day here today, we didn't do much hung around the house, didn't even go for a walk.

Anita, I can't believe what a cold Spring you're having. Hard to know when to put the plants out. I'm sure you'll get some hot weather come summer - too hot probably. I love morning workouts - I am such a morning person. Not at 6:00 a.m. though I usually workout from 7 - 8. When I was working and had to get a workout in before leaving for work, I did it at 6:00. I just don't have the energy in the evening. As for the funeral, I don't know what the rules are in NC. I don't know whether there has to be an autospy to confirm COD or not - I think that's the case in some states since the outbreak of COVID.

Laura, hooray on getting a good sleep. What a frustrating day with the video work. Sounds like everything was conspiring against you. I'd be pulling my hair out too. Good theme ideas.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 11:39 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Laura, I can understand why you were ready to pull out your hair. Technology and I don't get along. I like all of your Mother's Day themes.

Anita, we are expecting record low temperatures this weekend. It will be near freezing tonight. I hope your plant survives the cold.

Paula, my problem is, I don't like any kind of exercise anymore. I have to make myself do it. I know it's important, so I do it. I had hoped I would always love it. I assumed I would. I didn't anticipate getting this old this fast.

Today I did my customized upper body routine and a short Leslie walk. I should have done more. I have the time, just not the motivation.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 05-09-20, 08:14 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on putzing around the house and garden today - we still have another two nights of very cold weather planned - houseplants and orchids are still inside and the Bird of Paradise is blanket covered at night outside. I did end up doing lots yesterday - mowed for the first time, swept my porch off, added 6" water to my water feature and watered some seeded grass areas (in addition to WRC and Gus walk). I'm hoping my water feature doesn't have a pinhole leak in it...

Laura, Argh! on your video difficulties! Camera would likely catch me cursing aloud! . Thank you also for the title list! That really helps in the morning!

Paula, There's a really big cold dip over about half the states - goes South very far. I feel more for them than up here as we're told not to do any planting till after Mother's Day - I'm hoping the freeze doesn't kill many fruit tree flowers because if they were dead, there will not be any fruit even with bee work. Same with veggies working from blooms...

Dede, I hear you on getting an old body fast - I miss being able to do a smooth simple walk without pain - now I'm taking short steps and gimping... I can't even imagine doing a burpee these days or deep lunges.... I am going to look at some Silver Sneakers workouts that were emailed to me - they have some chair workout videos.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita

ETA: On yesterday's walk with Gus I saw my first goslings swimming with their moms on the lake - there were about 20 goslings, but several geese so some may be from a couple of nests. I did have one gosling at the WRC so far (about 70 ducklings) Wednesday - now they are close to 200 there! Last week I came across a turtle hatchling - small painted turtle about 1" long crossing the path to get to the pond - I helped it cross the path.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 07:55 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was my PT stretches and a new (to me) Yin Yoga Practice - for hip flexibility with someone called Yoga Gypsea, I liked it. Oh and a neighborhood walk with DH.

I hear you both on the aging both. I feel as though I have to stretch, stretch, stretch, just to get up and walk across the room without gimping. I know I shoud choose more difficult workouts - but I'm always looking for something easy and relaxing.

I putzed around today, doing some gardening, made a rice and veggie casserole, and worked on the latest quilt.

Anita, Sorry to hear about a cold snap. Seeing goslings on our lake. Let us know what the Silver Sneakers workout is like.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote