Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-30-20, 04:17 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Thanks Regina. She basically just said she likes Supercuts more but Afterburn is more intense? I’ve done them both and agree, so I guess there isn’t much difference between them.

Sue
- she does a review of Afterburn here - https://2lazy4gym.com/2012/08/17/cathes-afterburn/
For me, the basic difference is in the sequencing and the exercise selections. I enjoy the exercises and the sequencing in Supercuts more but as indicated, Afterburn is more intense (but not by very much).
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 04:51 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post

Sue
- she does a review of Afterburn here - https://2lazy4gym.com/2012/08/17/cathes-afterburn/
For me, the basic difference is in the sequencing and the exercise selections. I enjoy the exercises and the sequencing in Supercuts more but as indicated, Afterburn is more intense (but not by very much).
I agree...Supercuts has more of a fun factor for me. And I like there are no repeats. But Afterburn is intense!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 05:41 PM  
manleym

Hi All!

Quick check in. Did Cathe's Live Cardio Fusion this morning and XTrain Legs all sections premix (standing + barre + ball & chair + floor) 67 minutes. I liked it, especially as a doubles workout. Or it would be a good recovery/light day workout. The floor section was my favorite part. I think Cathe spent more time on the floor than in some other workouts with floor exercises. It is not as hard (or as fun) as Great Glutes, but is worth doing. I found it to be more toning, not cardio.

I'm glad some of ya'll have mentioned Amy's Slo-Mo because it came in the mail today. I've been snatching up Amy's workouts recently, like I need anymore.

Hope you are all doing well!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 06:36 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

You all are making wish it was next week already so I could do Supercuts!

Manleym, thanks for the report on Xtrain legs...that's also the premix I planned on doing, the one that includes all the sections.

Today was Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast Extreme, the one where you do intervals 1-12 and then do 1-6 again, about 75 mins. Hard, fun, sweaty goodness! I actually love this one because of all the variety and you don't spend too long on any one dreaded thing (air jacks, I'm talking to you) but enough to certainly be breathing hard!! It kind of reminds me of the RWH leg workout with contrast training where you do a heavy weight move and a plyo move back-to-back. Of course, I haven't done that one in a long time so I could be wrong!

And everyone, STOP talking about Amy workouts too! Geez! Enablers, all of you!!

KateTT, I also now have a pending message but no date yet, sigh. At least the error message is gone now, so making progress. I think I read somewhere we might be set up for receiving payment next week if we're just now seeing the pending message, so let's cross our fingers, right?!

Tomorrow I might be nuts and do Hardstrikes but also tack on all of the 100-rep challenges which I think only adds another 30 minutes or so if I'm counting right. But we'll see...I might not have the time. I am just loving this series though, I have to say! I can see why it's so popular.

Stay fierce, my friends!! It's almost Friday!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 07:06 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
You all are making wish it was next week already so I could do Supercuts!

Manleym, thanks for the report on Xtrain legs...that's also the premix I planned on doing, the one that includes all the sections.

Today was Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast Extreme, the one where you do intervals 1-12 and then do 1-6 again, about 75 mins. Hard, fun, sweaty goodness! I actually love this one because of all the variety and you don't spend too long on any one dreaded thing (air jacks, I'm talking to you) but enough to certainly be breathing hard!! It kind of reminds me of the RWH leg workout with contrast training where you do a heavy weight move and a plyo move back-to-back. Of course, I haven't done that one in a long time so I could be wrong!

And everyone, STOP talking about Amy workouts too! Geez! Enablers, all of you!!

KateTT, I also now have a pending message but no date yet, sigh. At least the error message is gone now, so making progress. I think I read somewhere we might be set up for receiving payment next week if we're just now seeing the pending message, so let's cross our fingers, right?!

Tomorrow I might be nuts and do Hardstrikes but also tack on all of the 100-rep challenges which I think only adds another 30 minutes or so if I'm counting right. But we'll see...I might not have the time. I am just loving this series though, I have to say! I can see why it's so popular.

Stay fierce, my friends!! It's almost Friday!
Cardio Leg Blast was my first Cathe workout. I've said this before, but when I started the warm-up, I barely made it through. I was quite out of shape back then. Never thought I would be able to finish it. Love this workout now!!! And it shows me how far I've come.

Hard Strikes another fun one! I've just recently started adding the rep challenges on. Forgot about those. A nice little bonus!
Old 04-30-20, 08:07 PM  
Mickey12

I did Chest Back and Shoulders, Xtrain tonight. I started with the 100 rep challenge of lateral raises. I never did any of these challenges so I figured I’d give it a go. I liked the format of the workout and there is a ton of variety so that helped pass the time. Weights are not my favorite though so I can’t rave about anything.

ChelePA you said Cardio Leg Blast was your first Cathe workout. That’s a fun question - what was your first Cathe? Mine was Rhythmic Step. My first pre-order was the sash series and I have pre-ordered everything since then.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 06:55 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I did Chest Back and Shoulders, Xtrain tonight. I started with the 100 rep challenge of lateral raises. I never did any of these challenges so I figured I’d give it a go. I liked the format of the workout and there is a ton of variety so that helped pass the time. Weights are not my favorite though so I can’t rave about anything.

ChelePA you said Cardio Leg Blast was your first Cathe workout. That’s a fun question - what was your first Cathe? Mine was Rhythmic Step. My first pre-order was the sash series and I have pre-ordered everything since then.

Kim
I just recently picked up Rhythmic Step. Love that one! I learned the hard way to pre-order her new releases. I didn’t do that for the Ice Series and I really regretted it! I ended up acquiring them eventually but not nearly as cheap if I pre-ordered.
Old 05-01-20, 02:30 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post

Hardstrikes premix with Heavy Bag (3 Tabatas) + Core #1 - about 70 minutes is on tap today, and MAYBE the 100 rep challenge, depending on how I'm feeling after HS. Tomorrow will be Cardio Leg Blast. Thanks for the breakdown Kittybug because that is probably the premix I will do. RWH legs is one of my favorite workouts so it's good to hear this premix is similar. Or at least reminds you of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
This is a fun question Kim! Mine was Kick Max and Step, Jump, and Pump/Step Blast, both of which I found at Half Price Books for $.90 each! I had read about Cathe's workouts for years when I found these gems! BTW, HPB is my FAVORITE store!! I have bought most of my inventory there, including most of Cathe's.

Back to the original question - I did Kick Max first and thought I would DIE after the blasts!! I think I told my husband something to the effect that I had NEVER done ANYTHING like THAT before!! Raised my fitness to a whole new level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I just recently picked up Rhythmic Step. Love that one! I learned the hard way to pre-order her new releases. I didn’t do that for the Ice Series and I really regretted it! I ended up acquiring them eventually but not nearly as cheap if I pre-ordered.
I learned the hard way too, ChelePA. My first preorder was LITE. I've had to buy or trade for all of the others too. So Perfect 30 is only my 2nd preorder.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 02:38 PM  
momofcha

I can’t wait for Perfect 30, but I’m guessing it’s pushed out due to not being able to film. When is it supposed to be released?

Today was the original PHA. I don’t remember it being nearly this hard!

My body is telling me to ease up so I’m going to modify my rotation for May. I’m going to try and do: strength, cardio/hiit, kettlebells, rest, strength, circuit, kettlebells, rest and repeat. We’ll see how it goes

Worked more in the yard and looking forward to my “date” tonight where were ordering from our favorite restaurant and then eating in the car.

Have a great weekend.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 06:16 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Hardstrikes premix with Heavy Bag (3 Tabatas) + Core #1 - about 70 minutes is on tap today, and MAYBE the 100 rep challenge, depending on how I'm feeling after HS. Tomorrow will be Cardio Leg Blast. Thanks for the breakdown Kittybug because that is probably the premix I will do. RWH legs is one of my favorite workouts so it's good to hear this premix is similar. Or at least reminds you of it.

This is a fun question Kim! Mine was Kick Max and Step, Jump, and Pump/Step Blast, both of which I found at Half Price Books for $.90 each! I had read about Cathe's workouts for years when I found these gems! BTW, HPB is my FAVORITE store!! I have bought most of my inventory there, including most of Cathe's.

Back to the original question - I did Kick Max first and thought I would DIE after the blasts!! I think I told my husband something to the effect that I had NEVER done ANYTHING like THAT before!! Raised my fitness to a whole new level.

I learned the hard way too, ChelePA. My first preorder was LITE. I've had to buy or trade for all of the others too. So Perfect 30 is only my 2nd preorder.
When I tried Rhythmic Step for the first time I had been stepping for a long time and I thought I was an advanced exerciser. I knew that Cathe was touted as advanced but I figured I was up to the challenge. I WAS WRONG!
It wasn’t the choreography that got me, it was the intensity. She definitely got me in better shape.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in