Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-20, 09:06 AM  
momofcha

Thanks Regina that is exactly what I did today after I overslept by an hour. I’m guessing my body really needed the break.

Happy Friday!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 11:48 AM  
ChelePA

Cathe Live X2 Muscle Confusion and Cardio Fusion with my own crazy modifications. I thought both were fun! No dread factor and lots of variety!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 01:49 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Friday!

Tomorrow is my birthday but this year we are having a virtual birthday party. Our family usually have large birthday get togethers. Thus far our family has missed 4 birthday celebrations because of the stay at home directives. After all of this subsides, we decided to have one big birthday bash. That should be fun.

My workout today was day 4/week1 of the program. It was an all banded leg day with monster walks, KB swings, squats, RDL's hip thrusts, side steps and rear leg lifts. My backside really felt it!

Sue- Glad that the hip practice worked out for you.

ChelPA- Cardio Fusion is a fun workout!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 02:17 PM  
Mickey12

Today I did Party Rockin' Step (the premix that combines both workouts) That one is fun because it's got variety from both workouts. I'm so glad Cathe did a premix like that. I find these workouts to be moderate work so it was nice for a Friday when I was tired.

I looked at the copyright date on the back of the DVD and was shocked to see it was 2013! I had no idea these were that old. I mean, where does the time go? And seriously, how does Cathe keep churning out such great workouts after all these years?! Especially considering all the Live workouts she has done. It's pretty remarkable to me.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. My husband wants to do some YardMax, so I might have to give in and help him.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 03:20 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Today I did Party Rockin' Step (the premix that combines both workouts) That one is fun because it's got variety from both workouts. I'm so glad Cathe did a premix like that. I find these workouts to be moderate work so it was nice for a Friday when I was tired.

I looked at the copyright date on the back of the DVD and was shocked to see it was 2013! I had no idea these were that old. I mean, where does the time go? And seriously, how does Cathe keep churning out such great workouts after all these years?! Especially considering all the Live workouts she has done. It's pretty remarkable to me.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. My husband wants to do some YardMax, so I might have to give in and help him.

Kim
Love those Step workouts! I find it hard at times to do other instructors. I just don't enjoy them as much. So glad Cathe keeps making new workouts and varies the type and intensity.
Old 04-24-20, 06:53 PM  
manleym

Happy day-early Birthday Horusosiris!! I'm sorry your family won't be able to get together in person but glad ya'll can do a virtual b-day party. And just think of the bash ya'll are going to have when all of this is over!! Enjoy your day tomorrow!!

ChelePA I tried to do Cardio Fusion today but I had not refreshed the website since yesterday and it had trouble buffering. By the time I got it all straightened out I had missed about 15 minutes, and the workout is only about 40. So I gave up. But I did her Lower Body/Upper Body Dumbbell Challenge and LOVED IT!!

Kim good to know about Party Rockin' Step premix. I'll have to remember that when these come up in our rotation. This "no name" series has some of my favorite workouts! Sorry Yard Max is in your rotation this weekend. Hopefully the weather will be nice and it won't be too bad.

Waves and hugs to everyone! Happy Friday!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 10:00 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday, Horusosiris!! I love the idea of a big combined birthday bash when you call can finally get together again -- lots of birthday celebrating! I hope you have a great day. You have been killing it with the double workouts!!

Well, I went ahead and ordered Rock Out Knock Out and the Jari Love slow one (Jacked). I'm excited to try that one -- I'm really feeling the Slow & Heavy workouts this week so it'll be nice to have another one. I decided to wait on the Party Rock Step workouts. I'm struggling with the choreography stuff these days, even though they sound good and the clips look fun.... I just think they'd be tough for me. I guess I'll have that challenge next week when I do 4DS.

Today I did the blasts from IMAX 2 -- I was going to do her blast only premix, but it is truly blast only -- no warm up, no stretch. So I did the stretch, then the blasts, then the stretch. I got as many steps doing that as I do (in the general neighborhood anyway) as for the entire Cardio Party workout. It was fun doing the blasts. I forgot that Cathe has ski bunny jumps (or whatever she calls them) while "Cold As Ice" is playing. That gave me a little chuckle.

We pretty much went from winter to summer this week. It was hot today. I'm not ready for that..... Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Old 04-25-20, 04:59 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Happy Birthday, Horusosiris!!

Well, I went ahead and ordered Rock Out Knock Out and the Jari Love slow one (Jacked). I'm excited to try that one -- I'm really feeling the Slow & Heavy workouts this week so it'll be nice to have another one. I decided to wait on the Party Rock Step workouts. I'm struggling with the choreography stuff these days, even though they sound good and the clips look fun.... I just think they'd be tough for me. I guess I'll have that challenge next week when I do 4DS.

Today I did the blasts from IMAX 2 -- I was going to do her blast only premix, but it is truly blast only -- no warm up, no stretch. So I did the stretch, then the blasts, then the stretch. I got as many steps doing that as I do (in the general neighborhood anyway) as for the entire Cardio Party workout. It was fun doing the blasts. I forgot that Cathe has ski bunny jumps (or whatever she calls them) while "Cold As Ice" is playing. That gave me a little chuckle.

We pretty much went from winter to summer this week. It was hot today. I'm not ready for that..... Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Send some sunshine my way in Pennsylvania! We’ve been rainy and in the 50s the last few weeks. Today it may make it to 60 but the future looks rainy again. I think you’re going to really like Rockout Knockout. I understand your hesitation on the step workouts especially if choreography is tough now. PRS #1 is quite tricky. 4DS is fun! I was able to catch on to the step routines pretty quick but there are a few that you may have to practice. And I also love Imax 2!!! Cathe’s step routines are my favorite!!!
Old 04-25-20, 05:01 AM  
ChelePA

Happy Birthday Horusosiris

Lite Pyramid Upper Body Premix 3 sets only each group. Lower Body Blast floor work plus modified some of the leg conditioning drills on the mat. Hoping to catch Kickbox Live at 10 am.

Mickey...you better squeeze in YardMax today. Only day of sunshine without rain. This weather is blah while in quarantine.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Old 04-25-20, 09:46 AM  
momofcha

Happy birthday Regina!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and I know you will celebrate as soon as you are able.

Today was strength so I opted for Giant Sets DVD. Wow was I breathing hard! It was a great feeling.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful day.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in