Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-22-17, 01:00 PM  
kmissa

The Ordinary now at Sephora

You can now get their products on the website. I just discovered them a few weeks ago, but I love the price point. I have flash shipping, so I’m thinking of scooping up some other stuff I wanted to try.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-17, 11:29 AM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

I have a few red marks (broken capillaries) that I try to hide with concealer, but after a few hours it's pretty much worn off and the marks are once again visible. Can anyone recommend a concealer that stays on all day, or a technique for applying it?

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-17, 01:02 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurdes View Post
I have a few red marks (broken capillaries) that I try to hide with concealer, but after a few hours it's pretty much worn off and the marks are once again visible. Can anyone recommend a concealer that stays on all day, or a technique for applying it? Lurdes
I haven't tried it, but there is a method called "baking" that is supposed to make your concealer last all day:

http://www.thegloss.com/beauty/what-...keup-tutorial/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EgD31_XcSE

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-17, 02:09 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I haven't tried it, but there is a method called "baking" that is supposed to make your concealer last all day:

http://www.thegloss.com/beauty/what-...keup-tutorial/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EgD31_XcSE

I'd heard of the technique, but had somehow missed this video. Interesting. Will give it a try next time I'm wearing a more formal makeup. Thanks!
Old 12-27-17, 02:11 PM  
rhbrand

I bake all the time!!!

I should do a video about how I bake, and what powders I use to bake.
Old 01-21-18, 05:08 PM  
Libby

How to dry hair faster

I have a lot of hair and even though my hair is cut above my shoulders it can take up to 9-10 minutes to dry it with a blow dryer. Any solutions to dry it faster? Any good blow dryers that you can recommend? Thanks! I'm almost 59 and I'm tired of spending so much time on my hair.
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-18, 05:33 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
I have a lot of hair and even though my hair is cut above my shoulders it can take up to 9-10 minutes to dry it with a blow dryer. Any solutions to dry it faster? Any good blow dryers that you can recommend? Thanks! I'm almost 59 and I'm tired of spending so much time on my hair.
I use a Turbie Twist to soak up a lot of the water in my hair after I shampoo. Really cuts down on drying time!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-18, 06:28 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
I use a Turbie Twist to soak up a lot of the water in my hair after I shampoo. Really cuts down on drying time!
Me too!

If you're really in a hurry, put it up in the towel for a bit, then take it down, flip the towel over, and put it up in the towel again. That way it has a chance to soak up more water while you're doing other things.
Old 01-21-18, 06:46 PM  
Libby

I do use a turbie twist. It still takes a long time to dry my hair. ��
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-18, 07:41 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

This blow dryer cut my drying time dramatically. I never timed it, but I would say by half and without frying my fine, but thick, hair (some dryers that are promoted as drying hair quickly are just heating it up to an extremely high heat). I’ve had my supersolano original at least 5 years now and no problems. It is a bit heavy and has a really long cord because it’s built for salon use, so it takes a couple of uses to adjust,,but it’s so well made that you can hold it by the barrel while drying...the air that comes out is hot, but the barrel isn’t...great for styling. https://www.amazon.com/Solano-SuperS...o+the+original

A colleague at work bought one of the new dyson blow driers and loves it. She has thick waist length hair she used to always wear in a braid. I thought that was just they way she liked wearing it, but she starred wearing it loose and one day told me it was because she started using they dyson and it cut her drying time so much she now has time to dry it in the morning before work.

I used to scoff at the thought that these high priced dryers were better than the same wattage cheaper ones that I used my whole life. I’ll be the first one to say I was wrong and this dryer has been one of my best purchases ever. I even got one for my sister for her birthday a few years back. She was so dissapointed when she opened it (she couldn’t hide it from showing on her face). I told her to use it once and if she didn’t like it we’d return it. She used it once and called to tell me how much she loved it, although, like me, she was going to have to get used to the cord/weight. Her daughter loves it, too.

I hate wasting time on things like blow drying my hair, but want to look nice. I hope if you try one of these dryers you’re as happy as I am.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty thread, beauty tips, dr dray, hotandflashy, makeupalley, paulas choice