Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-07-19, 12:34 AM  
gabsbd
VF Supporter

Old Timer Getting Back in the Game

Hey all! I’m an old old old old timer (like from the 90s, notwithstanding my join date of 2002, which was round 2 for me on VF). It’s entirely possible I’m even Facebook friends with some of you. This isn’t my original VF name, but sadly I don’t remember what it was.
Anyway I’ve been lurking on and off for years but tonight I finally decided to dust off my log-in info and actually post!
I’m mostly writing to say hi but also looking for info/encouragement as I restart. I have A WHOLE LOT of videos like a good vidiot (including a good number of beginner options) but haven’t seen many beginner streaming options - anyone know of anything? Anyone have a good beginner rotation for someone who is really creaky and sore and just plain out of shape?
It’s really good to be back, older and wiser and slower and weaker.
gabsbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 01:20 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I hope others will have good recommendations for you, but I just wanted to say, "welcome back"!
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 05:11 AM  
cecififi

Welcome Back! I don't have any suggestions but I can identify with having soooooooooooooo many dvds. I don't use them anymore. I stream Studio Sweat on Demand (it is amazing - spin workouts and so much more) and Cathe. Cathe has so many offerings and you can make your own workouts.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 07:04 AM  
sherry7899

Welcome back!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 07:08 AM  
Lannette

Welcome back!

I don’t stream so I can’t speak to that but I know someone will hop in and help you out. In the meantime if you share what genre of of DVDs and/ or rotations you used to like it will give people a basis for making suggestions. What was the last workout you remember doing that really lit your workout fire?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 07:25 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith and Gina B (UpBeat Fitness) have tons of beginner workouts on YouTube.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
restarting