Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-07-06, 06:54 PM  
Gymmie

P90 Fat Burning Express

As promised I received my workout and I'll be doing it a bit later on this evening and I'll chime in with my thoughts . I've only done Sweat 1-2 so I'll do it with Sweat 3-4 so I can have a comparison.

I did a mini-preview..the workout counter shows 36 minutes, Tony talks for a bit so the workout starts at 35ish but the cover say 30 minutes--so I'll see in a bit. They have some success stories on the DVD. I didn't watch all of the workout but the cover says that optional equipment are medicine balls and resistance bands.

I only received the FBE workout I didn't get a new P90 set. So yes that's good but yes it sucks for what it cost. They also had a measuring tape the measurement chart and the 6 day Fat Burning Express. The 6FBE is the d*et and then you do the FBE workout for all 6 days.

This is from the back cover:

Get ready to burn fat even faster with the brand-new Power 90 Fat Burning Express workout, the latest addition to Power 90. Accelerate your fat loss while strengthening and sculpting your entire body and slimming down from head to toe!

Just follow Tony as he leads the Power 90 Hawaii Trip Success Stories in new and innovative moves that'll rev up your metabolism and turn your body into an efficient fat-burning machine--guaranteed! Looking for an extra challenge? Use one of Tony's favorite tools--a medicine ball--to target the upper body, abs, and core, as well as the legs and glutes. It's like nothing you've ever tried. Included are modifications for every fitness level and every body type, so everyone can burn the fat! Push Play and get in the best shape of your life!
“Think about Corey. Right at the finish line and his body gave up after one mile. You’re looking at yourself and if you have 100 plus pounds to lose, your body wants to be healthy.”--Bob Harper on Contestant Corey Pinkerton TBL10

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Beachbody Coach

Last edited by Gymmie; 03-07-06 at 10:04 PM. Reason: correct something
Gymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-06, 10:00 PM  
Gymmie

OK, I did the workout. It had an intermediate feel to it, but you definitely can go harder to make it more advanced. And of course doing it for the first time that is the feel I had but of course YMMV. There are 5 rounds and you do them each 2 times. There are some familiar moves from P90 such as jab/cross, hook/uppercut, front kick. On the locomtion he was the variation of the hands behind your head. The side kicks resemble the kickboxing side kicks. Mr. Shirtless aka Aaron (he lost 107 pounds) shows some plyo with some of the moves.

Some of the "new" moves include frog hops, run stance squat switch, tires on fire, wide-side lunges, one-legged speed sqauts, crescent switch, twister, ski hop, groucho pivot, crazy horse and lateral touch.

Forgot to mention--the moves like twister, groucho pivot, lunges is where the medicine ball is used.

It was a fun workout overall. Nothing seemed to drag on at all. It's one that I wouldn't mind doing again for sure. Tony was of course his goofy self.

At the end they had their d* aids and then a mini Turbo Jam infomercial.
“Think about Corey. Right at the finish line and his body gave up after one mile. You’re looking at yourself and if you have 100 plus pounds to lose, your body wants to be healthy.”--Bob Harper on Contestant Corey Pinkerton TBL10

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Beachbody Coach

Last edited by Gymmie; 03-07-06 at 10:06 PM. Reason: add something
Old 03-07-06, 10:04 PM  
fit1

Thanks Gymmie! I like it! I can always combine it with other cardio workouts or use it as an add-on to a strength training workout. So, how long is the workout itself? Does it have power yoga in the beginning? How's the music?
fit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-06, 10:08 PM  
Gymmie

You're welcome ! Yes there is power yoga at the beginning. It was about 35 minutes. The music was OK, it didn't bother me. But there is the music on/off option. Actually I didn't really notice the music a lot.

Beachbody Coach
Old 03-07-06, 10:45 PM  
gwendolyn

I like the fact that they filmed this outdoors (in Hawaii). I've always enjoyed outdoor workouts. Also like the bootcamp-cardio feel of Tony's workouts. I'll get this.
Old 03-08-06, 02:30 AM  
lorajc

Can you purchase on it's own? or is it part of a set?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 08:06 AM  
Gardengirl

Is it high, low or mixed impact?
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 08:10 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

This sells for $30, right? That seems like a lot, even for Beachbody.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 10:12 AM  
Messe

Ooooh, you can use a medicine ball with this?!?! I love Tony's drill-style cardio, so I may have to use my Beachbody bucks on this one to ease the pain of the price.

Thanks for posting about this, Gymmie.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 07:33 PM  
Gymmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc
Can you purchase on it's own? or is it part of a set?
It's now part of the P90 set, but those of us who already had purchased P90 received an email to be able to get it seperately. But I'm sure it'll eventually show up on the individual workouts page. I need to see if I still have the email. I think the link now goes to P90 but I need to double check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl
Is it high, low or mixed impact?
Yes...LOL! You can make it your own. I'd say that it's mixed because a lot of it is low impact but because you can make it high impact by adding plyo moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
This sells for $30, right?
After Shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matha Edington
Ooooh, you can use a medicine ball with this?!?!
Yup ! You're welcome !

Beachbody Coach

Tags
fat burning express, old thread alert, power 90, tony horton