Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-31-20, 10:31 PM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *April* 2020 Check-In

Welcome to the April 2020 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 10:32 PM  
Sissy B

I know things are not normal right now, but please keep checking in when you can and let us know how you're doing/what's going on in your life whether you're recording your steps/workouts right now or not.
Old 04-01-20, 07:08 AM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
I know things are not normal right now, but please keep checking in when you can and let us know how you're doing/what's going on in your life whether you're recording your steps/workouts right now or not.
I hear you Sissy! I been taking off days from my computer time lately. I'll let 2-3 days go by without logging in. But I'm still semi connected thru my phone, but some things are easier to accomplish on a computer.

March exercise was a washout for me. Here's to hoping for a better month in April. Collage Exercise had a free month deal which I got onto right on the last day for sign up. Feeling bored lately and need a change of something. Cathe isn't motivating me right now and I need something different. I'm hoping they don't close down the parks because I enjoy a nice walk in the park.

Most states are under some type lock down/social distancing etc... IL is still under state lockdown through April now. That's good your DH is feeling productive Sissy. I feel the same way too. I stopped by Lowes Monday and started the process to replace my front door and storm door. Figured I'd help out the economy which is sluggish right now. I've always wanted a door with decorative glass. The one I want is oval shaped. I want to let in some of the light in my foyer area. Plus the door is just plain ol Jane, original one that came with the house. This is more of a decorative door. My foyer area is in dire need of an upgrade.

So that'll be my April project. Last month we got 2 new recliners, one for his mancave and one for the guest bedroom. I watch tv between the guest br and the front room area. Exercise room is at the bottom of the basement stairs that turn down the hall to the man cave. We really have a comfortable setup here. Not on top of each other which is a good thing with us both being retired and even more with the lockdown. This has severely curtailed my social life. No bowling twice a week, no bible study or church get togethers. But enough of that. "This too shall pass."

Thanks for starting us off Sissy. Have a great Wednesday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 11:56 AM  
Sissy B

Deb - It's a reminder for myself as well. Like you, I'm not on the computer as much right now and while I do stay connected and read the new threads/posts on my phone, it's easier to check in on my laptop. But I love this group and I don't want us to lose touch.

With everything going on right now I'm having a hard time getting motivated. We are still eating fairly healthy, but exercise is just not happening - for either one of us. DH did go and get the clutter cleaned up in our cardio room a few days ago so he could use the treadmill, but so far he hasn't gotten on it.

Today he's going to smoke some salmon on his grill. He's made some before and it's wonderful. He goes back to work tomorrow. He'll be on day shift for this 7 day set.

DD registers for summer and fall classes today. She's taking 2 classes this summer and they will still be doing online classes. Not sure about the fall yet. Hopefully, we will be able to return to normal before then.
Old 04-02-20, 12:02 PM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 4/1 - 5096 steps/2.18 miles

DH went back to work today. He'll be on days this set.

The governor has issued a Shelter at Home order that starts tomorrow at 5 p.m. and goes through April 20th. I've already talked to DD four times today. DD had to go to campus today to finish her painting (it's due Tuesday so her teacher advised her to finish it this week while she still had access to the studio instead of trying to finish it at home) and pick up her art supplies. She also went to the POD and used her remaining Flex dollars (they don't roll over to fall - it's either use them or lose them) to get candy and snacks. She still had $124 that we paid to have put on her account so we definitely didn't want them to be lost. She said she was like an unsupervised 5 year old going into the gas station to buy road trip snacks. She debated just coming home, but with her online classes staying at the condo is still the better option right now. She may come home in May or I may go up there for a little while. She's taking summer classes in June and they'll still be doing online classes. Social isolating/Sheltering at home is very hard for her. She's very social.
Old 04-03-20, 09:03 AM  
dbclark44

Wednesday 4/1 - TM 45 min/2.08 miles; Collage video, I think it was Perfect 8 or Something.

Sissy, IL has been under a Shelter-in-Place since 21 March. So welcome to my world. Fortunately, it's not quarantine, and grocery stores and gas stations are still open.

No exercise yesterday unless you count cleaning. I vacuumed the entire downstairs and cleaned the outside of my window sills (area between the screen and the glass). Spending this much time at home is motivating me to do some things I been putting off that need doing.

Yesterday we had sunshine and 60+ degree temps. Today, the high is 70 and cloudy.

Glad your DD is safe and doing well Sissy. I have a feeling you all will be together soon.

Have a great Friday ladies.

Old 04-03-20, 10:29 AM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 4/2 - 10,702 steps/4.53 miles

I walked while I talked to a friend on the phone. That's where a lot of those steps came from.

Deb - Even though we haven't been under a Shelter In Place order, basically DH and I have been sheltering in place since March 20th. He is considered an essential employee so he does have to go to work. Other than that, we've made one trip to Costco to get groceries, picked up curbside takeout a couple of times, and yesterday I went to the post office and CVS. All things we're still going to be allowed to do. The post office closes from 12-1 p.m. so I went then to mail some bills and check our P.O. box. The biggest change for DD is that they were letting them come on campus and go into the studio on their own to paint. Other than that, she has only left the condo to get groceries a couple of times and to get curbside takeout last Friday.

DH thinks he has gotten the refrigerator outside fixed. The part he needed was delivered yesterday and he replaced it and turned the refrigerator back on last night. We're giving it a day or two to make sure before we put any food in it though.
Old 04-04-20, 08:15 PM  
dbclark44

Friday 4/3 - TM 45 min/2 miles; Cathe LiTe Body Weight and Bands workout standing portion only; Cathe Chair Stretch
Today 4/4 - TM 46 min/2.07 miles; 30 minute yin yoga class with Travis Eliot; 45 min yin yoga lower body deep stretch with David

I streamed the yoga classes off youtube today. It is really refreshing to be able to workout when you can't leave your house. I am glad I have the discipline to do that although I do lose focus sometimes but never for too long. I am determined to have a much better April than I did March exercise wise. And there are so very many options out there to assist me in my goal. Most of it is free too. Jane Fonda is even supposed to be filming workout too, something she titled Sequestered. I kinda dig the title as it relates so closely to our current situation. That is definitely something I want to look into as the years pass I can do less and less of what I used to be able to do.

I haven't been out the house in 3 days and I'm doing okay with that. I stay on the phone more than I used to especially video chats. My siblings like to get everyone up at least once a day during this time. Twofold reason there - 1) we're bored and just want to shoot the breeze for a while and 2) make sure everyone is doing okay. Conference video chats make this easy to do at once with everyone on at the same time.

Not much else going on here to talk about. Cold front moved through today so we went from the 70 degrees yesterday to 35 this morning with wind chills. Next few days are supposed to be nice though. Been watching the Star Trek Discovery series on CBS All Access. They had a free month special and we jumped on it so I'm binging on some shows I really wanted to see while we have it. Picard was good. I knocked that out this week in couple of days. I love sci-fi shows like that.

Well have a great Sunday ladies.

Old 04-05-20, 08:20 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I flew back home yesterday. After several changes, I ended up on 4 different one hour flights. DH had to pick me up in Salt Lake, because the evening flight to Pocatello was cancelled. My parents were supposed to fly home Thursday and got bumped to Saturday. At least they only had one layover.
I walked every day while I was in Ohio, and did lots of Lily and Piper lifting. My DS says his hospital is super stressful right now.
DH and I did a dog walk tonight. He is doing grocery pickup with Fred Meyer, so he doesn't have to go in to shop. I have several prescriptions at Albertsons, so we have to pick those up. While I was gone, he made masks for our DS and his GF that are here, and for me and him.
I'm going to go into work for four hours a day until I get some things caught up. I don't think I would be good at working from home - too many distractions. DH is still furloughed.
Deb, it's awesome that you video chat with your siblings!
Sissy, I only left the house twice while in Ohio. It is so strange to be sheltered.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 09:10 AM  
dbclark44

Sunday 4/5 - Park walk 1 hr 24 min/4 miles; 11,921 steps/5.30 miles

Chrys, it is strange to be sheltered. But at least we can go grocery shopping for essentials and walk outdoors weather permitting. A step away from quarantine, but better than. Glad you and your folks made it home despite the difficulties of traveling right now Chrys.

I went to the park at 7 am yesterday and there were actually 5 others there walking. Some with dogs some without. Wanted to get there early to avoid people. Fortunately, the trail is long enough it's easy to maintain distance. A guy walking toward me moved all the way onto the grass when he passed. Others didn't. So everyone handles this in their own way. If I'm gonna talk to someone I maintain distance. Passing someone on a trail I just nod or if I engage in conversation wait until we separated.

I want to make a couple of masks with some of the bandanas I have here. I don't like wearing the blue or white face masks that look so medicinal. I have one in my car but they say the cloth ones we make are better anyway.

Good step count yesterday. I just need to to write them down before I take my watch off in the evening. Hard habit to get into.

Have a great Monday ladies.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers