Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-20, 05:05 AM  
TracyQ

Peleton App Extended Free Trial

I’m not sure if this has already been mentioned but Peleton has extended their free trial offer normally 30-days to 90-days.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 05:01 PM  
noodles

I saw that and tried it for the 1st time yesterday. Thinking very highly of myself as a Cathlete i did an advanced leg workout and can barely walk today lol! It was only 30 minutes but was actually very challenging with 3 different rounds of supersets that worked my muscles a bit differently so i was quite pleased with workout. Today i did 2 upper body workouts that were set up in a similar fashion and tomorrow I'll try a cycling video. The music is quite good as well.
I'm very thankful for their generosity and others during this stressful time when some of us have limited income.
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 08:48 PM  
diggerholliday

I also appreciate that they don't require any credit card information in order to get the free trial. I've enjoyed the strength classes more than the bootcamp classes I tried.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 10:37 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I've been trying the App out as well, but then I have to because I splurged a few weeks ago on a Tread. I'm still blaming the sales presentation at my mall, but still, it's pretty amazing and since all I mostly do for cardio these days is power walking, I'm very happy with it. This evening I tried an intermediate lower body strength workout and my legs are already feeling it. I really like the filtering options for the workouts. Tomorrow I may try one of the hip hop boot camps.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 07:50 AM  
Rhonda

I have the peloton app and never tried a strength workout. I may have to do that now. I usually do the treadmill workouts. The bootcamps that I have done and like are the ones that do all the cardio first and then the stretch or strength after.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 10:03 AM  
alisoncooks

Questions for those that are familiar with the app:
  1. What's the avg length of the workouts?
  2. Are there any accessible for beginners?
  3. Can the cardio workouts be adapted to elliptical?

I'm getting antsy and would like a new...something. LOL. I'm tempted by this free trial but only if it wouldn't be super discouraging (for being too difficult).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 04:44 PM  
rhbrand

The workouts are anywhere from 5 min to 75 min. You can go through and filter workouts based on time, instructor, music, style, etc.

All can be toned down for beginners. In fact the yoga classes have beginners as a filter.

I think maybe some of the running/walking classes could be done on an elliptical. I don't have one so I can't really say.
Old 03-24-20, 05:59 PM  
Calistro

My favorite funny peleton advert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jns9NHhzGeM

Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 06:01 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Something for everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Questions for those that are familiar with the app:
  1. What's the avg length of the workouts?
  2. Are there any accessible for beginners?
  3. Can the cardio workouts be adapted to elliptical?

I'm getting antsy and would like a new...something. LOL. I'm tempted by this free trial but only if it wouldn't be super discouraging (for being too difficult).
I think this is such a worthwhile trial. (Even if I didn't own a Peloton!) I actually did the app for several months before purchasing the Peloton.

There is DEFINITELY something for EVERYONE.

As rhbrand has already mentioned, the workouts are anywhere from 5 minutes to 90 minutes. There are some long cycling ones. Everything is filter-able. By length, by level, by instructor, by preference.

One of the filters is "beginner". HOWEVER... all of the workouts are to be done at your own level, so even if you choose an intermediate or advanced, you just adapt it to where you are now. VERY doable.

Absolutely you can adapt the workouts to the Elliptical. I have an Elliptical and I have done many of the HILL workouts (designed for the tread). any of the running ones could be adapted quite easily as well. So yes! to the Elliptical.

The categories for the app are: Running, Outdoor (audio), strength, cycling, Yoga, meditation, stretching, bootcamp, walking and cardio

I have had it for well over a year and have not investigated all the categories yet. I have used the audio outside which I'm sure would also work well on the Elliptical. Meditation has ones for sleeping, for peace, etc. In these times can prove quite useful!

So, I say YES ... for 90 days and no credit card required (although I can't verify that). I say go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Thousands of workouts. Many, many many instructors. You're sure to find one or 10 you might like. (Probably not all - we all have our favorites).

Just my $.02

I am happy to hear that people are liking the strength workouts. I do some of the ab workouts and although short, I do think they are effective.

GO FOR IT!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 06:57 AM  
alisoncooks

Wow, thanks ladies for the feedback!!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peloton