Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-20, 05:09 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I’m so thankful for them. What would we do without them?
I am too. I've always been polite and thanked them, but now I'm blubbering with thanks. I almost burst into tears thanking a kid doing stock on the aisle. I'm an emotional wreck.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 09:17 AM  
suzannaerin

Seen in my neighborhood, two professionally printed signs:

Honk for Dr. Fauci

Honk for Health Care Workers
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 09:19 AM  
buffmama

Some of the kids put drawings up on their windows - definitely a bright spot of our walks. I've also heard that people put stuffed animals in their windows for the kids to go on bear hunts - love it!
Old 04-05-20, 09:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I tried to order for curbside pickup from my organic coop yesterday but it would have taken until next week, so I masked and gloved up to visit. It's generally a hippie and friendly place so I felt okay going, knowing people would be careful and distance.

I was feeling very uncomfortable wearing a mask in public for the first time. But all the workers in the coop were wearing colorful masks made by local volunteers and it made me have a "we're all in this together" feeling. They handled the bulk bins area well - that aisle was closed off with folding tables and two employees were behind the tables taking your order for bulk items to fill while you shopped.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 05:21 PM  
wendug

I needed allergy medicine so I made a trip to Walgreens today with my homemade mask with hair ties around my ears. About half the people in the store were wearing masks. They weren't busy, but a group of women got uncomfortably close to me while looking in the allergy medicine aisle. I grabbed what I needed and quickly moved away from them. After I made my purchase and left, there was a cop in the parking lot right behind my car. It was at that moment I felt like a bank robber with my mask covering half my face.

Also, I read the best way to clean cell phones and remotes/electronics is to mix rubbing alcohol and distilled water and wipe the electronic down with a cotton ball or cotton pad. I cleaned my phone as well as all of our remotes using this method and was disgusted at what came off of the devices. And I had been wiping them down with lysol wipes previously!
Old 04-06-20, 09:23 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I needed allergy medicine so I made a trip to Walgreens today with my homemade mask with hair ties around my ears. About half the people in the store were wearing masks. They weren't busy, but a group of women got uncomfortably close to me while looking in the allergy medicine aisle. I grabbed what I needed and quickly moved away from them. After I made my purchase and left, there was a cop in the parking lot right behind my car. It was at that moment I felt like a bank robber with my mask covering half my face.
Ha, you aren't alone feeling like a bank robber. My husband came home and told me that he was afraid people thought he was casing the joint today when he went to the hardware store and no one was wearing a mask but him.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 11:48 PM  
Sand

Weeks ago I told my parents it wouldn't be a bad idea to go to the store wearing a mask, just to be safe. My dad mentioned at that time that nobody was wearing a mask, but he felt safer wearing a mask. He's had a few medical appointments since the quarantine and has worn a mask every time he has to leave the house.

I also had to stop into Walgreens today to pick up an order I had shipped to the store before my city was put under quarantine. I wore a mask and gloves, I saw more people than I expected wearing masks.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 11:45 AM  
YetAnotherDeb

Like Erica, I'm an emotional wreck. I think I need a good cry.

Have you seen the WalMart ad with associates singing "Lean on Me"? I saw it at work and it really struck a chord with me (no pun intended). Ironic that it came out the same time as Bill Withers' death. That song came on my radio on the way to work yesterday. I got a little misty but not enough to relieve the tension.

We are seeing a lot of people in masks at our store. I saw a woman yesterday with what I think was an n95 mask. She was wearing scrubs and because of the time of day I assume she was just getting off work. I couldn't help but wonder what germs were on that mask.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 12:41 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

We went to our local Sam's yesterday. They were limiting number of people they allowed into the store and EVERYBODY (employees and customers) was wearing some type of mask, including us.
Old 04-07-20, 02:02 PM  
Gams

Today is the WI primary. Our governor wanted to postpone it until June but the WI Supreme Court said he didn’t have the power to do that. They did take precautions at the polling locations but I’m still annoyed that this couldn’t have been rescheduled for June.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing