Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-02-20, 03:52 AM  
Helen

Every Day in March - get ready for the change of season! (YAAAYYYY!!)

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!

We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen

If you're checkin-hunting for something new to see you into the coming summer / winter;
If you've been with us before & dropped off the wagon;
JOIN US on the CHALLENGE of being expected to do something EVERY DAY!
Several of us have had success - keep the momentum going!!
NEWCOMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 04:40 AM  
Helen

Ok, didn't get back to read the end of last month - just need to get ON with this month.

There's been a rash of EVERY DAY COMPLETION lately!!
Not for me in Feb, however, but there's always another chance to try.

Sun 1st - Derby Training, 2hrs
Mon 2nd - 2 hour dog walk, with buddy & her dog
She called cardio off due to temp: 42C (108F). We took the dogs down to the beach instead.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 05:59 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Thanks for the start

of the March Thread Helen! It's lovely.

I am also pleased that we had below (almost zero) average snowfall for this year, so luckily I can just look at your picture of the flowers coming through the snow without getting depressed!

While I"m here (and then I gotta run):

3/1/2020: Peloton warm up run (10 mins), followed by Becs beginner 20 minute run on the treadmill, followed by 30 minutes Sundays with Love (with Ally Love) on the bike. This week's virtue: DISCIPLINE -- this was her last live class of the series. I do hope to go back and take the others, but this works for now. Season 2 will begin sometime. I love doing these, just wish it wasn't at 11:45 a.m. (kinda in the middle of the day?)

That's it for now. I am off to the treadmill and then bike because It's Monday and I can. And I need my every day mile done early today.

Make it a great day!
Welcome March.
More later.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 05:57 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Need to get this front and center

and back up to the FIRST page of "new posts" ...

Mornin' everyone.
My recess continues. My variety, my challenge to me:

3/2/2020: 4.25 mile run
on the treadmill to Peloton Disco run with Becs. It was great. I was fierce (at least in my own mind). 20 minute Cathe Upper Body premix from her Lite series + 10 minute bounce and stretch on the Bellicon.

How's that for a little variety? I'm sore this a.m. from the treadmill run. But, not like the usual run sore. I must be getting in better shape. She had me do incline work 2-4-6-8-10. Never long, but certainly long enough. lol.

Life is good.
Off to get more morning stuff done and get my mile in before work and maybe a quick bike ride.

Waves to all!!!
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 03-03-20, 06:44 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

And here I am ....

Cuz I can be!!!

3/4/2020: Christine's Dead Bug abs + 5 minute core (also CDE) - both Peloton. Mostly obliques on workout two. I'm getting stronger. This evening was 2.1 miles on the Elliptical while listening to a podcast.

That's it. I'm tired. I need a good night's sleep and then tomorrow a good workout!

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 03-03-20, 08:23 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

3/1 Made my step goal with dog walks. Ur ate so much snow she was shivering.
3/2 Rowed for 15 minutes. I think rowing is the only exercise that one can just close her eyes, concentrate on form & breathing & just row.
3/3 Walks with the dogs. Had a flock of turkeys on the trail, about 7 or 8. They flew away at the sight of the dogs.
Tomorrow quilt show with the girls. There will be plenty of steps!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 08:00 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Ha!

Good to see you Kay! and no --- I can close my eyes on the Peloton and do what they call a "moving meditation" so .... Not just the rower.

back to your regularly scheduled program.
Cleda
Old 03-04-20, 05:45 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - once again, thank you for the colorful start! Good for you for managing a dog walk in that heat. Lucky for you that you have water nearby.
Kay - good to see you checking in! Still no snow here.
Cleda - are you ready to keep the Lili & Cleda check-in going? It's good to see you taking advantage of your break with such variety!

3/1 - Body Pump 103, 55 minutes.
3/2 - a dog walk followed by 3 miles with Leslie, Walk Off the Pounds.
3/3 - KCM's Strong & Lean workout 1, strength work. I needed a break from Body Pump.
3/4 - 4.75 mile run. Not my best pace, but there were two .3 mile hills in there, so I'll take it.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 09:13 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Have to admit ...

You had me a little worried there for a day or two Lili!
But Kay turned up and helped me out.

I am tired and MUST go get some sleep, so only the workouts (Maybe!)

3/4/2020: Peloton 45 minute Marathon Endurance Treadmill workout, followed by a 10 minute cooldown on the treadmill, followed by Gin Miller's 100 reps (1000 all together)**, followed by 45 minutes of Jenn Sherman's Classic Ride, followed by 5 minutes of stretch. yep. I'm toast. Not sure this variety thing is that good. (I know, I know! Don't do all the variety in one day.) LOL!!!

** I found this on one of the threads here at VF. I kinda looked at it yesterday. (I found it through Gin's facebook page and then You Tube). It's 45 minutes, hits all body parts (no abs but what's used in the workout). Each group (10) has 100 reps -- making it 1000 reps. I am opting to do one total body every week, so thought this would foot the bill. (It did). I did modify some things. Some of the exercises were not good moves for my body. I am more than feeling it tonight and I'm not sure how I'll be moving in the a.m. OOOps! But I can do something light tomorrow.

Gotta go read and get some sleep.
Make it a great day!
Waves to all!
Cleda
Old 03-06-20, 06:32 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I'm working tomorrow ...

So I best check in here and now so I don't get too far behind!
Recess continues and I'm loving it.

3/5/2020: 20 minute walk on the treadmill while reading (my mile for the day). and then I did a "Big Band" peloton ride (30 minutes!) and I LOVED it. Of course, I love Big Band music. Made me happy!!!! + stretch

3/6/2020: 1.5 miles on the Elliptical while reading. (gotta get that book done for March and this is a perfect way to do it!) . I had every intention of doing CDE's Pink ride until I booted up the Peloton and opted for a 70s rock ride with CDE. It was the bomb! I loved it. How can you NOT love a ride that ends with Baba O'Reilly (aka Teenage Wasteland) and has Queen in it?!? AND was only 20 minutes long. Then I did a stretch.

Oh yeah - I am loving the recess. I will admit, My left hip was quite sore from Gin's workout. Probably some of the lunges (I subbed some curtsy lunges). At any rate, it's feeling MUCH better now.

Onward we go. Time changes for us tomorrow night. I have been waking up at 3 a.m. (for practice? lol. Not really - just been waking up at that time) so I should be good to go for my workouts once the time does change!

Make it a great day!
Waves to all.
Cleda