Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-19, 04:03 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
--however, I think if I paused the workout after every group of two exercises, I think I could keep my HR under control ENOUGH and still get a bangin' workout.
I can't tell you how often I do that! I started with the FIRM Body Sculpt Blaster. It's one of my all-time favorite workouts but I just couldn't take my HR soaring anymore like that. So I started pressing pause after every two sets and loved it. Now I do it with any workout I want. So I still get to do the fun moves.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 03:01 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post

I've never broken a bone so not sure if my ankle is healing normally after 6 days. I expect foot and ankle (left tibia, clean, short break not all the way through, no cast) to be swollen, bruised and painful but so is my calf (very tender but not bruised outer portion below knee that seems to click every so often). Doc felt all around that area last week and it seemed fine. I've fallen a couple of times on that side since then.

Heavy boot I use when walking, only putting toe down lightly for balance.

Generally, how long before most swelling goes down? How long does it take bones to heal? I'm housebound for three more weeks till next doc appt for xrays.:
Videofit, I PM'ed you. I broke my ankle two years ago and it was a real bugger to heal up. . . DEEPEST SYMPATHIES to you!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith