Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-07-20, 09:18 PM  
Helen

Oh GOSH Kay, I'm SOOoooooo sorry for Ur (welling up myself here). Thinking of you both.
75% is good though!

(((((((HUUUGGGGGSSSS)))))))))
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 12:26 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Jan 6:
~functional fitness sorting, packing boxes, and moving kitchen stuff back & forth for the drywall guy to do some ceiling repairs
~a lovely long yin yoga stretch on my own at bedtime

Jan 7:
~taught Essentrics, debuted a new routine with new music & it was a hit
~Headstand practice
~Yin yoga class

Kay - Sending lots of healing thoughts to Ur. 75% sounds very promising. (((Hugs)))

Mena - My husband is really into podcasts, has his favourites which are very science based. Nice Cathe week!

Lili - I’m interested to hear how you feel after you’ve adjust to the diet.

Helen - 91 minutes is very impressive....you definitely are an Amazon!

Waves to Cleda!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 02:28 AM  
Helen

PAM
Could you ask your husband, please, to name (just a few) of his 'can't do without' science pods?

I have:
60 Second Science
60 Second Mind
Brain Stuff
Dr Karl
Great Moments in Science
Hidden Brain
You Are Not So Smart
All In The Mind

Essentrics - do you design your own routine & choose the music or it more like Les Mills where the whole thing is prepared for you & you need only to learn it (not that it's the easy bit)? Imagining that it's time consuming either way.

Jan 8/31
2020 8/366
Maya - Yoga For Real Beauty 60min

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-08-20, 09:42 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Don't want to fall behind

I love the community, where we can feed off each other and get ideas. (Talking podcasts now!) Thanks for sharing Helen! (although knowing me - they are probably WAYYYYY too deep and intellectual for me.) But I bring cheerleading to the board!!! We all have our strong points.

Mena: I never got that! Low impact does not mean easy and doesn't matter what cathe I do, I work! Be proud!!!

Helen: I had NOOOO idea about that statistic for You Tube. All I can think of is: My how times have changed. Love when you share tidbits. That's crazy. I keep thinking of you when I hear about all the fires. Elton John doing his part, the rain is supposed to come in, all the animals that have perished, all the human life lost.

Kay: I'll Keep rooting for Ur. You are the best Dog mama going!!!! Have been thinking about you a lot!!

Waves to Lili, Pam and everyone else who is lurking.

On to me, me and all me:

1/7/2020: I was drawn to the Peloton (big surprise!) and I chose Ally Love. I've never done any of her rides and I don't know why, but I clicked on one of her "Sundays with Love" from Ally. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very spiritual, so it's not for everyone, but it was JUST what I needed. Her word for the ride was COMMITMENT!!! How appropriate (since yesterday was day 1 of my program!) It really did my soul good. I then went on to a 10 minute cool down ride with Christine, again - it was great for my soul. And then did my mile on the treadmill while listening to "Food We Need to Talk" podcast!!! Done, done and done.

I STILL continue to get doms from the mile on different equipment. I'm sure it's variety that's doing it. Or who knows? But I am anxious to see what a month of a mile a day + my other workouts + a good diet will reveal ... Stay tuned. Roaring 20s are my year(s).

That's it for now. I'm off to exercise.
Make it a great day.
Cleda

PS ... 7/7 workouts, 7/7 mile a day, 2/10 podcasts, 54 week streak on Peloton, Going for a 45 day streak on Peloton (just passed 30 on Sat. )
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 10:40 AM  
mena

Wed 1/8 - The Firm BSS1 - Ab Sculpt

Jan: 8/31
YTD: 8/366

Kay - I'm happy to hear that Ursella is back home. 75% is good odds. Sending healing vibes her way. Maybe tell her that there is a trip to the dump in her future--that should perk her right up .

Cleda - 54 weeks streak on the Peloton is impressive. I don't think I would be able to keep interest in one piece of equipment for so long. I would say you've gotten your money's worth for sure!
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 06:25 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I agree with Mena, the Peloton was an excellent investment for you!
Kay - glad to hear that Ur is back home and on the mend. I am hoping for a full recovery! What an ordeal for you, though. Hang in there.
Waves to Pam & Helen!

1/7 - another 3 mile walk from Leslie's site. I always forget the names.
1/8 - Unplugged S20:E4 and 1 Mile Walk & Talk with Jessica.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 12:22 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~Essentrics TV: Sasha’s new Full Body Toning & Energizing Workout: I liked it, but I didn’t love it. The first trademark is complex & very shoulder intensive. I’ll do the floor & barre another day.
~100 kettlebell swings - Vantreesta posted this 7 day KB challenge on GD. I would not do them 7 days straight, but I’d like to fit them 2 or 3 times a week. http://www.forum.videofitness.com/sh...d.php?t=227258
~20 min freestyle rebounding
~Headstand practice
~Yoga Collective: Front & Back - This was very nice....all standing poses with long holds & attention to form

Helen - My DH’s fave is Star Talk with Neil deGrasse Tyson, an astrophysicist & a director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for Earth and Space in New York City. Neil is very entertaining! He also likes Brian Green, an American theoretical physicist, mathematician, & string theorist (whatever that means, lol.....).

Cleda - Yes I agree with Mena & Lili that your Peloton was an excellent health & enjoyment investment! My most used piece of equipment is my 6’ round yoga mat, lol, as I use it pretty much every day.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 09:24 AM  
mena

Thu 1/9 - Jessica Smith WS3 - 1 mile motivation walk and total stretch for 30 minutes total.

Jan: 9/31
YTD: 9/366

Re: Neil deGrasse Tyson - I love him! DH and I saw him live with a show he was doing just talking and it was so entertaining and informative. One of the things DH and I wanted to do before leaving New York was go to the planetarium but sadly we didn't get to it. Hopefully, we can go on a visit back.

I've always loved planetariums since I was a kid because the school district I went to had a tiny planetarium in the middle school. All the elementary schools would go and see shows there. Well, back in my day they did (70s/early 80s).
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 04:50 PM  
Helen

Jan 9/31
2020 9/366
Donna - All Out Strength 53min

Thanks Pam, with those pods & Cleda's list, I have some listening (and deciding) to do!

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-09-20, 06:34 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Today - I signed up for Les Mills streaming, starting their 10 day free trial. I did a Body Pump w/o for beginners and an 18 minute Upper Body one. I really like the music in these.

9/31

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote