Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-27-19, 09:49 AM  
mena

Fri 12/27 - Cathe Step Sync (Intermediate step premix and I did the abs this time)

Cleda - When you mentioned buying a planner and stickers, I felt my worlds collide ! I love planning. I have my regular planner that I get from Michaels (just a Recollections one because I'm too cheap to buy an Erin Condren), and I also bought one from Aldi last week to do Happy Planner-type decorative spreads. There are Happy Planner books at Michaels that have health and motivation stickers (such as Wellness and Healthy Hero). Have fun with your planner!! Where did you order your stickers from?

Happy Friday to Everyone!
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 04:45 AM  
Helen

MENA
How CRUUUUUUEEELLLL of you - my Step Boss was Newark from 21st to 26th, then San Francisco - no update since then.
Hope we can take that little hop of Weezie's as a "spring in her step"? - glad she's doing better.

CLEDA
Nope, never actually DONE every single day - that I recall, would have to check. As Mena said, it's pretty hard not to miss even one.
It's the start of the 20's!! BIG motivation factor. I love planners too - all kinds of stationary actually... too MUCH.

PAM
38C is 100F, so naaahhh, not for me either, though I probably did cardio workouts in my 20s at that temp, when I was a 7x/week high-impact gym junkie!
I'm achingly envious of so many family members doing the class together.

LILI
I'm sure, in amongst family visits, you're race training to get fewer minutes walking in that 5k. You did run the whole distance not that long ago IIRC?

KAY
When are you home? So you were gone for Christmas ? or made it back just in time?

Thu., 26th Dec.
skating 2 hrs with Bridget I'm definitely still scared to try anything even vaguely risky though.
Fri., 27th Dec.
unexpectedly drove Bridget to Sydney, & came straight back. At best it's 2:30 hrs (super late at night) but took OVER 4 to get back due to people leaving for post-Christmas holidays. , so wasn't feeling it at ALL, but home by 7pm & my computer spit has all options covered! Leslie - Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan - First 2 miles 30min. Not much, but something.
Sat., 28th Dec.
Rancan Sisters - Step & Pump 60min with buddy, & it was sooooo booorring..... have to note that, AND to use 10" as the 8" wasn't enough.
dog walk + training 60min

Only Sun, Mon, Tue to go.....
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 08:38 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

The start of the 20s. .

That seems so odd to me. I keep seeing all the little memes about the roaring 20s. and here we are. I also remember the big hubbaloo about Y2k. And how everything would shut down .... anyway!!!!

New decade. new time. new whatever. Yeah. Not feeling it yet. at all.

Quick check in as Pokemon await:

12/27/2019: Hannah Marie Corbin's 30 minute "Pick Me Up Ride" and Kendall Toole's "Best of the Decade". Followed by a 10 minute stretch. (all Peloton of coruse).

That's it. Waves to all. Off to exercise before pokemon-ing.
Make It a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 05:13 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
New decade. new time. new whatever. Yeah. Not feeling it yet. at all.
What's up ? that does NOT sound like our usual Cleda! You sound like someone burst your bubble.

Sunday Bob - Biggest Loser - Weight Loss Yoga - Levels 1+2 (Yoga for Weight Loss + Yoga / Pilates Abs) 52min
+ dog walk ~60min
Monday Philip - Hilo Revelation 46min
+ dog walk ~60min

ONE DAY LEFT

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-30-19, 10:23 AM  
mena

Sat 12/28 - Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga (Hips and Knees).
Sun 12/29 - Cathe - Bonus Total Body Sculpting on Low Impact Step. I did use heavy weights even though Cathe uses beginner weights.

Mon 12/30 - Cathe - Step Sync (Intermediate Premix - no abs)

December workouts: 30/31. Only one more day to go.....

Helen - That's so annoying when you're eagerly awaiting a package and keep looking at the tracking only to see it stay in one place for days on end. I hope you get Step Boss soon.

Waves to Everyone!
Old 12-30-19, 10:23 AM  
KayB
VF Supporter

We are home! Thanks everyone for holding down the fort! Spectacular trip! Best of all was the merging of the four couples into a gang of friends. Art & I were the only common denominator.

We had a great three days ahead of time in Verona, the spectacular city plus day trips exploring. Went by train to Bolzano to a Christmas market. Rode their version of the London eye. Lunch at a German restaurant, as there's a large German influence.

The cruise was terrific. More later on that. Lots of rain but that didn't stop us. The ship was detoured to dock in Trieste because of flooding in Venice. Got off the ship early & grabbed an early bus back to Venice. We stayed two more days in the Mestre area outside Venice. Took the bus into Venice & experienced the flooding. Walked on elevated platforms until they ended in at least 2 1/2 feet of water so we turned around & walked back. The locals we're wearing hip waders. All the shops were flooded. Went back a day or so later at low tide & it was like a different place. Made it to St. Mark's high & dry.

We flew home on Christmas Day. We were up more than 24 hours. Arrived in Charlotte & still had to drive the 3 hours home. Made it!

Averaging over 10,000 steps plus every day I came home 5 pounds lighter despite all our eating & drinking.

Recuperating & getting things in order. The dogs were very happy to see us!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 07:27 PM  
Helen

Welcome home Kay!
The flooding is tragic - watched a documentary about it, and the history of the construction methods.
You've done really well to drop 5lb - travelling & having restaurant meals so often, I'm usually the opposite.

MENA
A parcel came yesterday & I was actually disappointed that it was a Christmas gift from the girls. They ordered the Feynman Red Books - his lecture series that is legendary, but they added the book of exercises that goes with it - and I have to DO them, and report in every week (for over a year) It was just the exercise book that arrived.
We ARE going to do every day !! Already hot out here (97F) but even it ends up being Pam's Hot Yoga, with just one day.... I'm DOING IT!.

January thread is ready.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-30-19, 11:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello very one!

Dec 27:
~Essentrics TV: Amanda’s new Core Stability - This was nice.
~MFML: Wrist Free Flow - This is a fave of mine & my wrists needed a break after a few vinyasa classes.

Dec 28:
~Gentle Hatha Flow class
~4 km walk

Dec 29:
~Detox Flow Yoga class - this was another slow flow class with longer holds & some lovely breath work to start.
~4 km city walk

Dec 30:
~Slow Flow Yoga class
~7 km walk

Kay - Your trip sounds fabulous. So sad about the flooding in Venice, so much crazy weather all around the globe these days!

Helen - Wow, 97 F is hot! We had a couple of days in Townsville in Feb that it hit 40 C. We were either in the pool or the air conditioned house.

I see that I’ve been MIA for several days. I’m ten days into my annual winter solstice/new year yoga Sadhana. So I’ve been checking in there too....with three check ins I forget where I’m at sometimes.

Waves to all & see you at the January check in!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 09:50 AM  
mena

Wed 12/31 - Cathe - X10 (Low Impact premix)

December Workouts: 31/31. We did it, Helen! Hooray!

I was going over my workout calendar, and I exercised exactly 300 days this year. Not great but not terrible. My worst months were January, February and November. I didn't do anything for 32 days over those three months. I remember a surprise medical issue I was dealing with in the beginning of the year that put me in a depression so that explains January and February. November was maybe just laziness? I did everyday in September and December.

Kay - Welcome Home!! A great time on vacation AND 5 pounds lost and a high step count each day. You can't ask for much better than that .

Helen - I'm afraid that I had to look up Feynman Red Books. I never took any calculus/physics classes in school . (Science and math are not areas I excel in.) However, I'm impressed by people who are so good in those advanced subjects that you would want to study in your leisure time also. Good luck with the workbook.

Waves to Pam, Lili, Cleda. I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year's Eve.
Old 12-31-19, 05:17 PM  
Helen

31-Dec-2019
It did end up being a foul day heat-wise, so didn't even do the hot-yoga but around 9pm a windy cold front came through and blew the heat away. DH & I had already planned to walk downtown. Expected the fireworks to be cancelled (as announced) due to fire risk but they went ahead anyway. I'm not fond of them, so was annoyed at the risk for 15min of sparkly lights entertainment.

So... we walked for a good 2 hrs - 10 until midnight - all around the pubs, harbour night clubs, the beach,... the wind was really strong by the end and we were glad to get home out of it. Even Alice's uplifted happy-tail was blown down flat.

Having to call a 2 hour walk my exercise for the day so I can say YES, Mena, we DID it!

Well done on the 300 and 2 months with every day!!

See you ALL in the new thread!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.