Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-19, 04:34 AM  
Helen

Drive-by, in amongst comings & goings with the girls being home.

Mon, 23-Dec Les Mills - Body Step 82 56min
and an hour's dog walk
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 03:03 PM  
mena

Sat 12/21 - The Firm BSS2 - Firm Abs (workout 2)
Sun 12/22 - The Firm - Basics Sculpting with Weights
Mon 12/23 - Cathe - Step Sync (Intermediate Step premix, but I did skip the abs and just went to the stretch at the end)

December Workouts: 23/31.

I took both cats to the vet on Saturday so I have cat news:

Biggie: It was her final check-up after the radiocat procedure. The vet said that Biggie's thyroid is "perfect"!!!! And she gained another half pound. I'm so happy about Biggie and how well she is doing .

Weezie: The news isn't as good for my poor Weezie. She sustained a doorbell injury . She is deathly afraid of doorbells, the vacuum, loud trucks and strangers. On Thursday night, someone rang the doorbell and it scared her. She was right next to Biggie so then she scared Biggie too with her reaction. Well, both cats collided into each other and then Weezie went racing up the stairs. The next I saw her she was limping and not putting her foot down on the ground. Other times, she would be walking mostly normally.

We had the appointment for Biggie so the vet said we could bring Weezie too. It turns out that she ripped ligaments in her right knee on her back leg. The vet said she could do surgery (not the best option) but said to wait 4 to 6 weeks to see how Weezie is after the swelling and inflammation goes down. There is a tiny, tiny chance that scar tissue could develop in just the right place to help hold her knee on track.

I need to catch up on everyone's posts. I hope everyone who does celebrate is ready for Christmas.
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 05:17 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Drive by

12/23 - Leslie's Burn Body Fat 3 Miles with light hand weights.

Mena - great news about Biggie! Sorry about Weezie. Hopefully it will take care of itself, but it does sound serious.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 07:34 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A drive by for me too, lots of family centered activities going on & DS2 is home from Ireland. ❤️

Dec 21:
~Restorative yoga class
~7 km walk

Dec 22:
~45 min of yin leg & hip stretches on my own
~9 km walk

Dec 23:
~Hot hatha/flow yoga class
~6 km walk

Mena - Aw poor Weezie, hope she heals without needing surgery!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-19, 11:11 AM  
mena

Tue 12/24 - YouTube - Up to the Beat - 2 Mile Dance that Walk Christmas Beats. Thanks to Lili for mentioning this one a few days back. I wanted to get in on the fun and try a workout to Christmas music.

December Workouts: 24/31

Pam/Lili - Thanks for the well wishes for Weezie.
Old 12-24-19, 09:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Dec 24:
~75 min hot flow yoga class with my DIL - This was a sweat fest but I felt great after. I am happy that I can join my DIL in these challenging classes and survive quite nicely, lol.
~10 km walkabout downtown to yoga & to finish up last minute Christmas stuff.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 12-25-19, 05:13 PM  
Helen

Boxing Day drive-by

Tue 24-Dec: Pilates TV - Zoshka - Luscious Legs - WBC, LLT, BBT Mix 64min
has a bunch of 20min segments, added all possible 'mixes' in log.
Wed 25-Dec: Cindy - Shape Your Body for old-school with the girls, but they didn't last long before heading out to a "real gym" - bye Mum!

Today Bridget & I have skating planned.

PAM
Not sure I'd like hot yoga - looked one up here, locally, & theirs was 32C (90F). Nice that your DIL went with you... AND that you held your own.
Cute smiley/tree gif !

MENA
Sorry about Weezie, how's she going today?
The girls & I started a Christmas YouTube thing, but they were like "Nup, not happening, can't do it." Then we switched to Cindy.

We only have see out this week and we're DONE! Thank you SO much for the pressure, I've never actually done every single day, in all these years.

CLEDA & KAY
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-19, 10:07 AM  
mena

Wed 12/25 - Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga (Flow 3: Hips and Knees)

Thu 12/26 - The Firm BSS1 - Body Sculpt Blaster. This is a good one for hitting all parts of the body in 35 minutes. I used heavy weights and I was feeling it.

December Workouts: 26/31

Weezie Update: She is doing better I think. When she jumps down from something, she takes this extra little hop on the floor and then keeps walking. I don't know if I'm reading too much into it, but I think she is sort of keeping the weight off her right side with that quick step so she doesn't feel it in her knee so much. Anyway, it seems to be working for her because she hasn't been keeping the leg/paw totally off the floor at all and not limping as badly.

Helen - I've only done every single day a few times myself. It is surprisingly hard to actually get something done in the whole month. I'm glad for the push too or else I definitely would have had a few TURDS this week especially. Enjoy skating with Bridget.

Pam - I'm intrigued by the idea of hot yoga. Does the heat ever get too much and make you start to feel a little dizzy or like you're overexerting?
Old 12-26-19, 09:37 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Dec 25:
It was pretty much a family day....lots of fun with the family, especially the little ones, and too much yummy food, lol. DS1 cooked the Christmas feast & it was amazing as always. I did get in my favorite yin stretches at bedtime....hip stretches, chest openers & forward bends

Dec 26:
~Hot flow yoga class - This was a family event! I went with my youngest DS & my DIL (DS1’s wife as he, along with his dad, are not yogis, lol ) We saw my niece there & her partner taught the class. It was a tough class, quite the sweat fest, but it left me feeling great!
~6 km walk

Helen - Congrats on every single day! The yoga studio I go to has 32C & 38C classes. I can’t say I’ve ever felt dizzy, but it can be gruelling. I only go to the 32C classes, that’s quite hot enough for me. 38 would do me in! How fun to go skating!

Mena - Glad Weezie is on the mend!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 12-27-19, 08:25 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Shout out to all those who keep posting

And keep this consistent. I so want to join you guys for the January and make 31 days. I do believe that I will be completing December, with the exception of the 2 days when the power was out. At least that's my plan. and I was truly surprised that Helen had never completed an "Every Day In" ... So Kudos to her!! (I know you'll finish it.)

Going to try for shout outs!

Mena; I was sorry to read about Weezie, but by the time I got back here, it seems he's on the mend. I'm happy to hear that. animals are such resilient things. And so glad that treatment worked for Biggie. Ahhhhmazing!!! We do love our four legged creatures, don't we?!?

Helen: you've got this EVERY day in December. We have faith in you. Coming down the home stretch now!!!! Go Helen! Go!

Lili: Doin' that 5k. My goodness!!! And a better time?!? You're doing great with consistency. Oh yes on the chasing pokemon. Right now I'm determined to find a shiny stantler. Only in the rotation until New Year's day. So far? No luck. So disappointing. But I got a shiny Snover and I got a baby pichu with a Winter Beanie (hatched that one from a 2k egg) and I know this is all a foreign language to you all. There is an event on Sat. so will meet up with Brother and SIL and spend the day doing it. . .yep. Still do it.

Pam: Holding your own with the yoga class. I bet that felt great ... despite it being difficult. I love reading about your hip openers. Makes me sigh every time. (Does that count for me doing it?) ... hahahahahha!

Kay: welcome home! See you soon (on the board!)

Waves to lurkers: (Daphne & Susan -- hope you're out there reading). . . And anyone else. . .Join us. we have fun. Consistency is key.

Ok, on to me, me and all me. With a tad bit of variety (don't fall over). I'm on my 4 week break between challenges and I'm doing all sorts of different workouts. But the love of the bike is still there and I still ride .... sooooooo

12/22/2019: Lower Impact (drills) Peleton ride + Power Zone 30 minute ride + 30 Minute Endurance ride -- This finished up the challenge (our team was once again the winners of the 5 team riders.!!! Undefeated - although I've only participated in 3 of the 7?? I think) anyway ... Done for 4 weeks

12/23/2019:
(Inspired by Helen): Cathe's Lite Cardio Party + a TV Theme Ride on the Peloton --- Cathe's Lite Cardio was ok. I guess I'm not into Cathe like I used to be. It was easier. But I dunno ... Wasn't feeling the love as much as I had hoped. May go back and retry. The TV theme ride was ... weird also! (This is why I like tried and true). It was an older ride. Jenn Sherman was the instructor. It was after a gathering the night before and I'm guessing a lot were hung over. There was no direction, no zones, no anything?!? I like structure.

12/24/2019: Meditation for 20 minutes

12/25/2019:
Started out my Christmas morning with a Christmas themed workout: 30 Minute Holiday Treadmill, 20 minute Denis Morton Holiday ride, followed by a 30 minute Holiday ride with Kendall Tool (I think she was new to me? Not sure. Then we went out Pokemoning before the kids arrived for the afternoon.

12/26/2019: 30 Minute Walking workout (Peloton - Andy Speer) that I did on the Elliptical

So there you have it. Still using Peloton, but trying to get some variety in there.

I went to Aldi's and bought a planner that was on sale (thanks to a different thread here at VF.) I ordered some motivational stickers. 2020 is going to be my year ... I MEAN IT ...

Till next check in.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote