Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-19, 04:37 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

12/17 - Barefoot Cardio Abs
12/18 - 15 Minute Total Body Training and I added 1 Mile of Motivation from the same disc.
1 Day Left!

Pam - I really like Jessica's style. There is no dread factor for me, and she can work me harder than I expect.
Kay - sounds like a wonderful trip! Enjoy!
Helen - Yeah! Vacation!
Mena - I really enjoy Jessica's 1 Mile Walk & Talk. The time flies by.
Waves to Cleda!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-19, 11:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~Jessica’s Tred & Shred
~Headstand, acupressure, & 90 min of yin on my own....watched anatomy videos & BritBox

Lili - I agree, Jessica’s workouts are no dread, she’s just so likable.

Helen - Enjoy your school break!

Cleda - I had to google FTP, I’m sure you’ll see great results!

Kay - Your trip sounds so interesting! I love Europe, there’s so much interesting history there.

Mena - Those 80s workouts with the big hair & spandex are very entertaining!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 05:11 AM  
Helen

My Cathe Step Boss set was posted yesterday - but I don't expect to get it before Christmas. It's like that.

Thursday
Louise - Yoga for the Back 57min
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 09:25 AM  
mena

Thu 12/19 - Cathe LITE - Pyramid Pump (Timesaver Premix - One Set of Everything). Despite only 12 reps of each exercise, I found myself working pretty hard. I picked up the heaviest weight I thought I could do, and I did struggle with the final reps on a few exercises. I'm not sure of the benefits of doing a workout this way (such few reps) but time flew by.

December Workouts: 19/31.

Helen - I ordered Step Boss too. I'm really looking forward to new step workouts from Cathe.

Waves to everyone !
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 05:12 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Final day! Stride, Step & Stretch. Now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of the month.

I didn't order the Cathe set, since I've only done 1 of the workouts from the LITE set. Just couldn't justify it, and that's a good thing!

Old 12-20-19, 10:01 AM  
mena

Fri 12/20 - Cathe - Party Rockin' Step #2. I had to sometimes march in place during the blasts but I did o.k. otherwise. I haven't done this workout in a long time so it's a good thing the combos are relatively easy choreography-wise.

December Workouts: 20/31. We're two-thirds of the way, Helen !

Lili - Congrats on finishing the rotation! I keep telling myself that I'll stop ordering Cathe's dvds because I mostly don't want to work so hard anymore, but I don't have the willpower. I end up with her new ones whether I pre-order or not (like with Fit|Split and the Fit Tower Advanced series).

Happy Friday!!
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-19, 01:04 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~8 km city walk

Today’s workouts:
~Yang/Yin yoga class - This was a warm class, room temp about 90 F, & very nice! It was 75 min and pretty much an equal split between yang with some slow flow, & yin
~9 km city walk

We are down in Victoria now for Christmas and New Years. Last night we went to a lovely little jazz club with DS & DIL. It was a fabulous trio, piano, bass, & drums, playing music from the Charlie Brown Christmas album. I hope the weather improves, it’s been dreary and very wet. I want to do some evening walks to take in the lights around downtown & the harbour. We walked a lot during the day today, umbrella in hand.

I’m all set to start my annual 40 day yoga sadhana tomorrow with a restorative yoga class. I usually focus on yin and gentle practices, but I think my focus will be more active yoga & standing poses for a change. I usually start on Jan 1, but for a change I’m starting on Winter Solstice.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-19, 08:21 PM  
Helen

MENA
Thanks for the push-on. I needed that.
Struggling for the final few reps is PERFECT!

LILI
Very nice ! on finishing the rota. What's next? - Oh.... you have race training.

PAM
I flinched for a moment at "we're down in Victoria", as you'd spoken of having been down here (for others, Victoria is one of our states).
Looked it up, and automatically got a weather update, yeah - it's a tad chilly, but looks like the rain has gone for you, for today anyway - hope it's coming our way!

CLEDA
Power Zone (we know that), any Pokemon chasing lately? Is the Bellicon feeling at bit unloved ? you two were SO enamoured with each other but the Peleton is the new romance.

KAY
We're all waiting for the next holiday installment.

Friday CIA 9004 - Bobby & Tina - Hilo + Abs Mix 53min
Saturday Les Mills - Body Balance 37 56min
Sunday Shannon & Michelle - The Biggest Loser - Bootcamp 63min
+ dog walks every day, for around an hour, waiting until dark due to heat as required. She has a ball that lights up & flickers with a shake (when it lands) which is great for the night walks.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 08:27 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

Helen: To answer your questions: Yep! still pokemoning (and now I do Harry Potter also, so it's a double whammy!) It has been cold, but I try to get to the park when it's not too bad and do some catching. I was out last weekend in the bitter cold and wind for 3 hours because it was Community day. Met a wonderful young man who is visiting from Paraguay and he had pictures of how Pokemon Community Day is over there. Very interesting (and yet another reason I love this game.) We also did Community Day on Sat. but it was nasty and cold and rainy .... Today we'll get some in before heading to a Christmas party!!! Bellicon? I use it a lot still, just not enough to really use it/count it in the check in. I drop it down (it leans against the wall) and hop on it to stretch things out Laterally. All the motions I don't get on the bike or treadmill. It feels sooooooooooo good (and I do think it's what has enabled me to continue daily on the bike with the Power Zone challenge(s). Otherwise? I get soooooooo tight. I did look at it yesterday and almost put in a video. Now that I'll have more free workout time, I might incorporate longer sessions (worthy of me posting about them).

Ok, waves to all (for now) will hopefully be back for individuals later. Gotta hit the bike, get chores done and get out of here for a Christmas party. Time is going quickly (always does when one is off of work.!)

REALLY? I haven't checked in since the 17th? What's the dealio??? good grief!!!

12/18/2019: Denis Morton's Power Zone 45 minute (called for) Peloton ride + stretch

12/19/2019: Matt Wilper's Low Impact ride and 10 minutes of the required 30 minute workout that --- don't fall over - I BAILED ON ... first time ever. I just wasn't feeling the love, was super exhausted and decided a hot shower would serve me better (and washing my hair!) I have NEVER bailed on a Peloton workout. There's a first for everything (oh wait! I have, but it wasn't a bike one, it was a yoga one. - sorry Pam!) ...

12/20/2019: FTP (Functional Threshold Power) warm up ride (20 minutes) + the actual FTP test + 30 minute Power Zone workout from yesterday that I bailed on and a stretch

12/21/2019: Live 60 minute Power Zone Ride with Matt Wilper's, Arm workout with Christine, one bike stretch and one 10 minute stretch of Christine's

I rarely ever get to do live rides. I forget to check the schedule, it doesn't work with my schedule, it's right smack dab in the middle of the day (12:45 p.m.). But, I had gone out to the store(s) early - at their (staggered) opening, so it worked out great. I was falling asleep at my computer when someone posted the live ride and I jumped up and say, "HEY !!! I can do the live ride today." Truth be told, I dont' always like to do them either because I don't know what I'm getting myself in for. . Max ride, endurance ride, etc, etc. . . But with the Challenge winding down, it didn't matter if I got sore(r) than usual! DOMS would not be an issue.

The FTP test went fine. I gained 4 points, which is not huge, but it's a gain. last time I tested I went down a point. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that I am pretty well where I need to be for cycling and it would take some major changes for it to really change. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. But up is up and my output has changed (ever so slightly). I'll take it.

Ok, today I make up the last two rides (optional at this point). But I'll do them, snag them for extra credit and then use yesterday's ride as a donation ride for anyone who may need it. Then I am OFFICIALLY done with the challenge and have done EVERY SINGLE RIDE (yet again!) ... :: Puffs chest out proudly :: now it's on to other workouts for 4 weeks. Maybe Cathe's Lite one Helen suggested. Maybe some Firm? Maybe the treadmill, elliptical, videos. Oh my - so many choices. I kinda wanna keep my streak going on Peloton though - ... we'll see. . . It can be ANY workout on Peloton from meditation to stretch to treadmill, kickboxing, strength ... Oh wait - they have a 4 week strength training program - maybe I'll do that. .

Decisions, decisions. I could talk out loud alllllllll day long.
make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 02:56 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

12/20 - dog walk, but no workout
12/22 - dog walk, then I tried a DVD I found at the Dollar Tree that includes 4 DVDs that I think are supposed to be strength. I put the first one in and it was a barefoot workout and I already had my shoes on. Put another one in and it was a Quick Fix with 3 10 minute sections. I made it through the first one and half of the next one before I yanked it out. I finally settled on an Up To the Beat Christmas themed walk/dance workout from YouTube. It was fun!
12/23 - 5K run! A little better than last time and I felt better. Still a good portion of walking involved.

Mena - the Cathe preorders are such a good price that it is hard to resist. I agree that I just don't want to work that hard any more.
Cleda - I didn't realize you were still chasing Pokemons! Having fun activities is what keeps us motivated.
Pam - I hope the weather gets better for you. I love all of the holiday lights!
Helen - I do have race training, so I should really focus on the bike to build endurance without stressing my kniees. I am thinking of starting a Cathe rotation for her LITE series, but after the holidays. Then I'm tempted to try Peloton workouts, or maybe just get a year of Bellicon streaming. So many options! My daughter liked Les Mills streaming and said they had some spinning workouts, so another possibility. And I would like to try Cathe Live. Too many choices!