Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-19, 10:56 AM  
mena

Fri 12/13 - Cathe Strong & Sweaty Series - Total Body Giant Sets

December Workouts: 13/31
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 12:51 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

To Brescia via train to see the castle. Walked up, toured the outside in the snow & rain & the armament museum. Decided to walk back to the train station. Back to Verona where we saw the coliseum, really neat! Saw Juliet's balcony & walked around. Found a Christmas market near the coliseum & bought ourselves leather Christmas gloves.
Now that we can navigate the bus & train systems like pros, tomorrow we're off to Venice to another Airbnb for a final day & night before getting on the cruise ship. Hoping to meet up with two of the other three couples for dinner together.
Steps-18,201, stairs-48 flights.

I'm feeling much better, but still have a cough, raspy throat & an occasional wheeze. I think I'll survive.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 03:41 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Kay - glad that all is going well and you are seeing some amazing sites! Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Cleda - Tred & Shred is not very well named. It is just weight work with a lot of walking in place. No treadmill, and I can't remember (already), but I don't think there was floorwork. I think I've only done that KCM workout once, and I don't think I ever did both workouts. That tells me it was tough!
Mena - go go go! You've got this.
Pam - Yes, I do run and walk during races, especially the longer races. When we did this race last year I was not ready, but was thrilled with running the first 3 miles.
Waves to Helen!

12/11 - Spinervals Ride Strong followed by the stretch on Jessica's rotation.
12/12 - I gave blood Wednesday afternoon, so I planned a rest day. We did go to Longwood Gardens in the evening, so I ended up with 14K steps for the day.
12/13 - Jessica's Total Body Strength. Only 3 more days on the rotation!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 05:54 PM  
Helen

LILI
Only 3 days left? Hoot! You're becoming GOOD at rotations.
Fully running for 5k is FABULOUS.

KAY
Thankyou !! for including us in your trip update. Glad you're feeling better - that step/stair count looks like you're MUCH better.

MENA
Going strong - if it weren't for chasing you, with DH away, I'd be toast by now. 13/13 but ONLY IF I count a dog-walk, so feeling behind. I'll feel redeemed if I can do a doubler either/both day/s this weekend.

Buddy on Tracy: we didn't do Vol. 3 (wouldn't play) so did Vol. 2 instead.
"She's a bit raunchy isn't she. Yes, I did notice the audio for this side was just a repeat of the first side. She doesn't really cue does she? She breathes through her nose all the time - I wonder is that to hold the pout?"
BUT ALSO
"I like the pace - slow, controllable moves. Only a chair - no equipment is good for people starting out. I like the music - it's relaxing."

CLEDA
Yes, I've notice the 'not secure' thing too.
So.... how did you do a Peleton workout on the treadmill? Doesn't the Peleton have a screen that's WiFi'd to show the workouts?

PAM
I've not done much with K-bells yet - quite a few virgins await my attendance. Mental picture of you is more Essentrics / Yoga, not K-Bell - my mind needs adjusting.

ME
DH-away-schlump hit combined with end-of-school-year dragging - and SO sick of this !%$#* shoulder not being right yet.

Mena & Pam won't know, but the others certainly do, that when I'm home alone for days on end I do NOT revel with a hoot to have the 'alone time', but fall into depression, quite mild but nevertheless an obvious change: sleep, TV, eat, listless, unmotivated, .....

Thu 12-Dec
got home, napped, TV, ate... Alice dragged me out (brought a ball, nudged the lead, ....) so
dog walk ~ an hour, which made me feel better, but still lethargic so...
Maya - Willpower the title felt appropriate

Fri 13-Dec
dog walk ~ an hour, didn't even put Podrunner music on, just let Alice lead the way - she headed home to get back at 57min (Nike App) so it seems a time-frame she's happy with.

Sat 14-Dec
DH will be home on Monday & have a few clean/tidy chores around the house to do - intending to put on a Podrunner to hasten my steps & lift me up a bit.

To-Do - these DO help me come out of the mire
DONE me: shower & load of washing
DONE her: walk Alice (morning) 80 min - went down to harbour foreshore, along the cafe strip, Alice walked into one (assume looking for a water bowl) so we stopped for a bit there (coffee, water), 81F & sunny
DONE home: kitchen, general tidying, peg out washing, 2nd load in
DONE work: 1/2 hr of marking
ROUND 1 DONE

DONE me: Cathe - LITE - Cardio Party - Scrambled Mix 1 (Calorie Crush MishMosh) 53min
DONE her: 1/2-hour fun-style training (over, under, jump...)
DONE home: Cait's bed (piled with things to be put away)
ALSO groceries & Alice's dinner (we cook rice, vegies, & mince - 4 days worth in a big pot - kibble gives her the runs )
DONE work: 1 hr more marking, and it's finished
ROUND 2 DONE

A better day than the past few have been.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 06:15 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Dec 11:
~Essentrics Precho 9: standing
~Barlates: Dynamic Flow Sculpt - This was a good one, workout was 20 min with a nice 5 min stretch at the end.
~Headstand & upper back acupressure
~Yin yoga class

Dec 12:
~Essentrics class
~amazing hour & 45 min Balinese massage, a birthday GC I’ve been saving

Today:
~WERD - I am letting that massage sink in!

Kay - Glad you’re feeling better & your trip sounds fabulous!

Helen - Aw sorry you’re in a funk being on your own! I hope your schedule helps & you feel better when you’re DH gets home. I’m kinda the opposite, get over stimulated easily, like time on my own. I had company for 12 straight days in Oct & I was ready to crawl in a hole when they left, lol.
I am versatile exercise wise, a side effect of my exercise ADD! I like to try new things although you are right about yoga & Essentrics being my staples. One thing you’ll never see me doing is lifting heavy, don’t like it & my wrists and knees complain.

Lili - Jessica’s Tred & Shred is a good workout. I love her stuff, no dread and love her upbeat manner.

Cleda - Yes I’ve seen that “not secure” message too....

Waves to Mena & all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 07:17 AM  
Helen

PAM
I'd be the same if we had visitors that long! Essentially I'm an introvert, and quite intolerant of others, but best case scenario is JUST immediate family.

Setting up for Sunday so it isn't a wasted day.
Targets:
me: Kathy - Body Basics 60min & long yoga compilation from BeFit (YouTube) 69min, skate?
home: Sewing area dealt with & vacuum everywhere
her: clip & walk
work: monitoring folders & markbook
yard: water, weed, & whip

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-14-19, 09:45 AM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Pam, yikes! That's a long time for visitors!

Helen, I hope your hubby soon breaks up your doldrums

Waves to all!

Yowser, the old bod is complaining today. Walking more helped. Did the bus-train-bus thing & we're now in Maestre, on the mainland next to Venice. Doing a bit of laundry then heading out for a gondola ride & an explore. Tomorrow on to the ship. We don't pay for wifi on board. Hoping to find free at port's.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 03:16 PM  
mena

Sat 12/14 - JS WS3 - Add on Abs and Total Stretch for 30 minutes total.

Sun 12/15 - CAthe LITE - Cardio Party (hi/lo only premix)

I really wanted to flake on the workout today, but I'm determined to exercise all 31 days!

December Workouts: 15/31

Kay - Sounds like the vacation is going well. Have fun on the cruise portion!

Lili - Good job on Jessica's rotation. With only three more days, you're sure to finish!

Helen - So it sounds like your buddy was mostly positive on TA for the workout itself. The no-cuing thing is annoying. That stinks that your PDS Vol. 3 wouldn't play.

Pam - 12 straight days of company--yowza!!!. That's a looooonng time for guests--even with people you like a lot. I can understand wanting to crawl in a hole afterwards .

Waves to Cleda.
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 02:20 AM  
Helen

Sooo. I'm waiting for buddy (6:09 now, due at 6:30).

Sunday - basically spent the day with Alice. Took her to the beach & played with her 'beach ball' - size of a soccer ball that both floats & glows in the dark.

Then came home, rinsed out the salt water & sand - then usual park trip for her to dry off. My chores didn't really happen - but it was a very high quality day with Alice = lots of walking, running on the sand, rumbling in the park.....definitely physical and made 14 528 steps.

Sprinkler is on running now - the footpaths & parks EVERYWHERE are just crispy brown - too long since we've had rain.
The work-work was all done (of course )

MENA
Yes ! Let's DO this 31 day thing!!!

Monday - since did Cathe's LITE Cardio Party without buddy and realised it's very intermediate, planning to do ETA DONE
Cathe - LITE - Cardio Party - Scrambled Mix 7 (Double It) 65min

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-16-19, 07:03 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

You guys are rocking it ....

I have the utmost faith that Mena & Helen will make it to the 31st with Every Day!!! Go, go, go!!!

Helen: Sounds like a delightful day with Alice. Some days? You just gotta do it .... I have the Lite series. With your description of VERY intermediate, it almost makes me want to give it a whirl. I always have issues though - even when things are "easy" or "intermediate" with Cathe, I find them tough. PS.. cool ball/toy!!!

Mena: That's the great thing about being in on a rotation or challenge. You don't want to let your teammates down! Today is the halfway mark and I'm so proud of you two! (darn electric! Maybe January for me.)

Pam:
No how, no way could I do company/guests for that long. Oh wait! we don't even have guests overnight. lol ...... I suppose if our house was bigger or I was more social (I know I seem it, which I am when I'm out but I need my daily down time. Even on our work retreat, I got out for 3 hours to walk by MYSELF cuz I needed it.)

Kay: I'm sure you'll hit a port with WiFi soon!! Look forward to hearing from you.

We are trudging to the end of the year. How on earth did that happen? YIKES It just goes so quickly. One more week of my challenge left (5 rides and one extra credit). Oh and an FTP test in there. I realized this weekend that over the course of the last few months, my seat post must have been moving ever-so-slightly downwards. I looked down on Saturday and realized that my seat was wayyyy too low and that my knees are in the wrong position. So, I got off and raised the seat. Who knew? I think it was so slight that I never realized. It did seem to make a difference in my riding and numbers on Sunday, so that is a good thing. Mental note to self: Keep tabs on that.

So, here's the check in and then must go hit the bike: (was 12/10 REALLY the last I checked in? What's wrong with me? I've been reading.)

12/11/2019: Power Zone Ride Denis Morton (45 mins) + 15 minutes tabata ride with Jess (for the "Move For More" credit) + 15 minutes Climb with Christine - last "Move for More" credit and then a stretch

12/12/2019: 60 Minute Power Zone ride with matt + a stretch

12/13/2019: Meditation -- I don't know why the treadmill workouts slay me. Always. (always have). It was only 20 minutes on the run/walk, but boy was I tired. Obviously I should be doing more of that. Maybe on my 4 week break!

12/14/2019:
Matt Wilper's Power Zone ride (45 minutes) followed by Sam Cho (new instructor -- sort of new to Peloton) Holiday ride (30 mins.)

12/15/2019: Matt Wilper's 30 minute Power Zone Ride + Olivia Amato's 30 minute Holiday (theme) ride. + stretch

I am loving the holiday rides. I like the 30 minutes, the Christmas music, the fun feel to them. I don't "Have to be" in a particular zone or hitting a certain wattage our output. It really is more of a fun ride and whatever I hit? I hit ... I call the Power Zone rides my "training" (or vegetables) and my other rides "fun rides" or my dessert!!! That's my story and I'm sticking ot it.

I am also happy to report, that altho I will not be hitting 31 days this month, my goal (revised) is 29/31 ... which means only 2 of the 4 days we were out of power were used as rest days. That's my goal.

Make it a great day - only 4 more work days left till I get a break. YAY ... so excited.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote