Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-16-12, 02:44 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

Over the 4th of July week (starting on the 3rd), I decided I wanted to finally do X-tend Barre Lean and Chiseled because it would be just the thing to do while it was hot. Only I couldn't find it.

So, over the course of the holiday week, I looked everywhere. I even looked behind the tv and crawled around behind the entertainment center and got the dvds the cat had tossed off. I put all of the "stray" dvds back in their cases and put them away. I looked in the organizer books where I store older stuff (even though I knew it couldn't be there because I don't have an organizer for barre and Ellen type workouts). I even got out the receipt and made sure I didn't imagine it and that I do own it. Yup. And I could find the other two workouts I bought at the same time.

It was nowhere. So, finally, I gave up and was deciding whether to just re-order it now, or to wait until Mary's next sale, since I had just missed this one.

And, while I'm standing there thinking about it, I decide I should change the toner in the printer, since it has been blinking for days. And, when I reach for the toner, I hear something fall off the shelf and hit the floor. I figure it's the black ink cartridge since it's in a different pack. I change the toner and go to put away the package and look down...

...and there is a manilla envelope I haven't seen in all of my cleaning and organizing...

...and I look inside of it...

...and there is X-Tend Barre Lean and Chiseled.

I have no idea where that envelope was before it fell out of some void in time and space and landed on the floor in front of me.

But, at least it is a good workout.

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 07:07 PM  
buttons11

Thumbs up

oh Laura....I'm bout to have hubby move the tv/armoir so I can check back there too...
I've already crawled around lookin under everything w/no luck
that's a great story...gives me HOPE lol
glad you found it and you like it!
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 07:49 PM  
buffmama

My first thought when I can't find a workout is someone took it. Like someone would break into my house and take a workout?! Totally illogical, but that's always my first thought.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 07:58 PM  
boukilisa

I have had a recurring dream where someone breaks into my house but doesn't take anything but my Cathe workouts. Even though I'm not strictly-Cathe anymore that dream is so upsetting!
Old 03-04-18, 12:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
2nd disc missing from its case: Yoga Zone Yoga for Conditioning and Stress Release

i suspect it's in one of my kid's video game cases. been going thru some of their many video game cases, and haven't found them yet. i also checked my own cases, but i tend to put the discs back in their original cases.
REVIVING OLD THREAD yet again!!!

i found the above disc in the weirdest place!!

today, our multi-disc DVD player would not close. turns out, two DVDs got stuck UNDER the tray carousel!!! guess what one of them was????

the carousel is the diameter of 5 DVDs plus several more inches to accommodate the mechanisms. what happens is if one of them is not COMPLETELY sitting in the cavity, it will become dislodged and fall underneath.

tip: shake your player and if something is rattling around, it's very possible there's a disc floating around there.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 01:29 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
REVIVING OLD THREAD yet again!!!

i found the above disc in the weirdest place!!

... tip: shake your player and if something is rattling around, it's very possible there's a disc floating around there.
Wow, how bizarre.

I have had discs try to get stuck in a single disc player, so I can see how it could happen, though.

Glad you solved the mystery.
Old 03-04-18, 02:15 PM  
Mickey12

Yikes, a long time has passed since you lost it (July, 2012). I'm glad it turned up. Last night I was doing a DDP yoga workout that I had sitting in a pile on my tv stand for really long time. When I was done I wanted to put the disc away with the other DDP yoga workouts and for about 3 minutes I couldn't find the rest of the set. It was making me crazy and it was only a few minutes. I can't imagine losing a DVD for so long.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 02:45 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Wow, how bizarre.

I have had discs try to get stuck in a single disc player, so I can see how it could happen, though.

Glad you solved the mystery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I can't imagine losing a DVD for so long.

Kim
i ended up buying it again, having to wait for the price to stabilize. YZ DVDs prices were going sky-high for a period of time. i had to wait for a good deal on ebay for a quite a while. when the prices went down, i bought a 3rd one as a back up!!! i have just a few workouts where i have spares.

i admitted my transgression of re-acquiring YZfC&SR the 3rd time here:

how many times have you acquired the same dvd?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 03:27 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

HAH, just today! Wanted to do Ultimate Yogi Gentle Yoga (disc 10) and got out the large travel case where I'd moved all the UY and Ultimate Warrior discs. Flipped through and the slot for disc 10 was empty. Every other disc in place, in order, no disc 10. I then looked in the hard-sided multi-disc cases I'd purchased to replaced Udaya's cardboard sleeves, not there. Started rooting through all the loose discs on my mantel in the exercise room, not there.

By this point, I'd already Joni O'd two workouts within 10 minutes before deciding on Gentle Yoga, so I was COMMITTED to this workout. And getting irritable that I couldn't find it.

Then I found it (misfiled in another multi-disc case). And I was happy.
Old 03-04-18, 05:04 PM  
Mickey12

"By this point, I'd already Joni O'd two workouts within 10 minutes before deciding on Gentle Yoga, so I was COMMITTED to this workout. And getting irritable that I couldn't find it.

Then I found it (misfiled in another multi-disc case). And I was happy."[/QUOTE]

Only a fellow VFer could totally relate to this!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dreams - weird, hurricanes, misplaced items, old thread alert, vidiocy