Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-18, 01:11 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
I met prince in an elevator, while at a business conference. He was staying in the same hotel in Seattle.
I would be awestruck, too! And elevators are weird spaces anyway where people don't talk much and stare straight ahead.

I was in an elevator with Danny Glover while on vacation in Halifax. He was staying in our hotel and I didn't know it was him until after getting off the elevator. I was too busy fussing with my luggage to realize!
Old 02-27-18, 02:05 PM  
MsThistlebottom

My daughter and I met superstar violinist Gil Shaham last year after a show. He signed autographs, shook our hands, and took a selfie with my daughter, who is also a violinist. She was awestruck. Such a kind, gracious man!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 01:19 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I haven't really met many famous people, probably the most famous was Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott on the Young and the Restless), he was at a local Target store back in 1999, my sister and I waited in line to meet him. I stood there frozen, kind of staring at him like an idiot. He was very nice, "How are you doing?", he asked. I remember him being very tan, I remember this meeting was in the wintertime.
I would be awestruck as well--I remember watching him as Cliff on AMC even before Y&R! My friend sees Wally Kurth (Ned from GH) sometimes out running in her neighborhood.

Last October I got to "babysit" Wil Wheaton for an event my client was doing in Las Vegas--making sure he knew where he needed to be at what time, handling media interviews, etc. People told me beforehand that he was prickly and difficult, but he turned out to be very nice and gracious, and extremely generous with fans who kept asking for photos. His wife was very sweet as well.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 12:54 AM  
sherry7899

My husband just met John Lithgow he came out to sign autographs after his Broadway play. He said that he was extremely nice. I will find out more in the morning. I am up with insomnia. I hate crowds so I did not go.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 07:15 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

My husband met the actor who played Mr Bates in Downton Abbey in London a few months ago at a party. He said he was very nice. I met Tony Curtis back in Hungary when he was sight seeing. Also Mike Huckabee at his TV show a few years ago.
Many fitness people, the list is long.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 09:40 AM  
Demeris

In the 80s, I went to a movie in Los Angeles, and as I left, I saw that Bonnie Bedelia (sp?) was in the audience with me.

In the very early 90s, my sister and I were having breakfast at a restaurant in Manhattan, and Bill Murray was eating at a table about 15 feet away (he was eating with a woman I assumed was his wife).

A few years ago, on a Southwest flight from LA to Tucson, Shirley McClaine and her little dog sat in the row behind me.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 12:40 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Get ready for some name dropping! LOL

When I was a kid, my Dad was friends with Gene Autry (the Singing Cowboy). We visited their home in CA and he would visit us also. We even bought a 1970-something Lincoln Continental from Gene. He'd also get us tickets to the Calif Angels baseball games.

I went to high school with Katrina Leskanich of Katrina and the Waves. I know her siblings and my parents were good friends with hers.

My Dad had a job in the Air Force where he was able to meet many politicians and other famous folks! Through my Dad I've met Shirley Temple Black (when she was ambassador to Ghana), Roy Clark, Buck Owens, George Kennedy, Princess Michael of Kent. I have seen former President Jimmy Carter from a distance.

Many years ago, Tiny Tim sat next to my young son on a flight...he was creepy!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 02:35 PM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I would be awe struck!
Totally... I was like ...Hi, ...um,... yeah. He said oh the fans. You're cute. .

This was yearssss ago before he passed.
Old 03-01-18, 05:50 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severen View Post
Bruce Campbell. I've met him twice during his book tours. The first time was in November 2001 and the second time was June 22, 2005, which was Campbell's 47th birthday. The staff brought out a birthday cake for him and Bruce offered me the first piece. He's such an awesome guy.
Did he have his 'boom stick'?
LOL...I love Bruce Campbell!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 08:28 PM  
Pam

Fun thread!

I was traveling on a friend’s boat in the islands SE Alaska and we put into a small, remote bay but it did have a dock. The only other boat tied up at the dock was a boat chartered by 2 couples. The owner of boat told us one of his passengers was Gary Larsen of Far Side fame. All of us were there for 2-3 days, but we never let on that we knew.

Jim Borgman, who draws the Zits comics lives in my neighborhood. The only time I have met him, was when I went to a party at their house. Got to see other drawings of his and heard some funny stories.

Met Sally Taylor, daughter of James Taylor and Carly Simon at a party. She was living in the mountains west of Boulder.

It use to very popular for National and International elite runners to live and train in Boulder. I was living in Boulder than and was running a lot. It was fun to be running within steps of them for a short distance before I was left behind.

Tags
celebrities, old thread alert