Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-16, 08:21 PM  
sewoodson
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Sounds good... still can't get the code working and I'm stubborn.
Macska, are you using Explorer for your browser? I can never get the code to work in Explorer. I use Google Chrome or Firefox.
sewoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 12:08 PM  
kalliope999

Thanks for this thread and for the breakdowns! BJ Gaddour wasn't even on my radar, but this set looks really good.

My husband is now considering this for when he's done with his P90X3 rotation, but we don't have a box or bench. Would a wooden dining room chair suffice? We'd prefer not to have to buy a box if something else can be substituted, since we don't have a good place to store it on an everyday basis, and the boxes on Amazon are relatively expensive ($100+).

Is the box just for step-ups and sit-backs, or for box jumps? Has anyone done the latter on a chair without putting too much wear and tear on it? Are there other clever or cheaper substitutes that I've overlooked?

Thanks!
Old 01-18-16, 12:26 PM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalliope999 View Post
Thanks for this thread and for the breakdowns! BJ Gaddour wasn't even on my radar, but this set looks really good.

My husband is now considering this for when he's done with his P90X3 rotation, but we don't have a box or bench. Would a wooden dining room chair suffice? We'd prefer not to have to buy a box if something else can be substituted, since we don't have a good place to store it on an everyday basis, and the boxes on Amazon are relatively expensive ($100+).

Is the box just for step-ups and sit-backs, or for box jumps? Has anyone done the latter on a chair without putting too much wear and tear on it? Are there other clever or cheaper substitutes that I've overlooked?

Thanks!
Oh you can totally use a chair. I have only previewed the first 3 workouts so far, but I doubt there will be box jumps in this set. So far the box has been used for box squats (chair would be fine) and for hands elevated push-ups and plank moves (could use a chair or table or back of a couch). There might be step ups, BJ has used them before, it would depend on the chair how advisable that would be. But you could use a stool, or actual stairs if you have them close enough to your workout area. I would recommend buying a high step eventually if you like this kind of training.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 11:07 AM  
kalliope999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
Oh you can totally use a chair. I have only previewed the first 3 workouts so far, but I doubt there will be box jumps in this set. So far the box has been used for box squats (chair would be fine) and for hands elevated push-ups and plank moves (could use a chair or table or back of a couch). There might be step ups, BJ has used them before, it would depend on the chair how advisable that would be. But you could use a stool, or actual stairs if you have them close enough to your workout area. I would recommend buying a high step eventually if you like this kind of training.
Thanks, Chomper! We could definitely manage the step-ups, and our chairs work well on our workout mat for elevated planks. But you're right, if we continue to move in this direction a high step might eventually be in order!
Old 01-21-16, 04:39 AM  
keilan00

I just got my dvds. I'm usually terrible at completing a workout system unless I'm participating in a check-in. Luckily, this program is only 21 days!

Is anyone interested in a Metashred Check-in? If so, I'll create one tomorrow.

Thank you for the breakdowns, Chomper!
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 08:35 AM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
I just got my dvds. I'm usually terrible at completing a workout system unless I'm participating in a check-in. Luckily, this program is only 21 days!

Sure. I started the rotation the other day and have done the first one. It's been fun already....love his 'encouraging' lines that make me laugh!

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 09:31 AM  
gilbjeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post

I'd be interested. I am finishing a Kayla Itsines BBG rotation now. I plan to do another BBG rotation again but want to do Metashred in between, before I dive back into BBG. I have 2 weeks left of my current BBG rotation.
gilbjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 10:03 AM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbied View Post
Sure. I started the rotation the other day and have done the first one. It's been fun already....love his 'encouraging' lines that make me laugh!
I think in the second workout one of the female backgrounders is in a side plank with her lower leg bent out forward and he says something that makes her laugh. It was amazing she didn't topple over.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 12:22 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
I think in the second workout one of the female backgrounders is in a side plank with her lower leg bent out forward and he says something that makes her laugh. It was amazing she didn't topple over.
Don't you just LOVE him?

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 04:23 PM  
keilan00

Hi guys! I started the check-in thread. Hope to see you there!
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=214156
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bj gaddour, metashred