Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-27-14, 01:47 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting the date for the end of the pre-sale. I was worried I might not be able to get it at the pre-sale price, but now it looks like I will The shorter workout times are what got my attention. Cathe has plenty of 45 min+ offerings, I'm excited about these now!
Old 10-28-14, 07:46 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
The last workout times:

Times for Back, Bi's, Rear Delts

Warm-up 3:31
Workout 47:00
Stretch 4:00
Total Time 54:31

Since all of these are now done with times, I am thinking these will be out to us in November for sure. I know they still have some final steps but they are working on them fairly quickly.

Denise
I was liking all the times until this one. Why does it have to be so long for back and bis and delts. For some reason I am thinking she is overworking the back and bis in this one. OK just from experience I know she likes to work bi's and I can stop at any time.

Still looking forward to this set and the times of around 45 minutes are perfect. I also like the cardio ones are short.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-14, 07:56 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons11 View Post
That has been one of my greatest benefits to being a VFer & a vidiot. I've acquired such a large collection that spans so many instructors and genres and learned so much here that I have learned how to modify almost anything. This is what has kept my collection fun instead of overwhelming. So although I cannot do all of Cathe as she does, I can still pop her in. And sometimes I surprise my self. Like when I tried Rockin Rock out on a good day a few months ago. I had to adjust to moderate the intensity...but I finished and felt great.
Agreed! I guess that's why I haven't had any major injuries from workouts for quite a few years. Gotta do what you gotta do to stay consistent and injury-free as this ol' body can attest!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-14, 11:35 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Bonus Ab Workouts: Time Breakdown and chapters:

BONUS ABS 1 total time: 10: 16
BONUS ABS 2 total time: 12: 44

Both ab routines are chaptered by exercise and we hope to include both bonus abs on every disc in the series, but we can't say for sure that this will be possible quite yet because of space limitations on each DVD. We will know more shortly as we progress through the DVD authoring phase.
Old 10-28-14, 12:13 PM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I was liking all the times until this one. Why does it have to be so long for back and bis and delts. For some reason I am thinking she is overworking the back and bis in this one. OK just from experience I know she likes to work bi's and I can stop at any time.

Still looking forward to this set and the times of around 45 minutes are perfect. I also like the cardio ones are short.
Just a guess...I wonder if she does lots of single-arm exercises, like concentration curls, one-arm rows, single-arm rear delt raises - stuff like that. I'm wondering if that explains the longer workout times because she isn't working both sides at the same time (unlike bench presses, overhead extensions, etc.). Just a guess...

Sometimes when Cathe does something like two sets of one-arm rows, I do two sets of double-arm rows (1st set while Cathe works her right side, second set while Cathe works her left), then fast forward past Cathe's second set to save time.
Old 10-28-14, 04:32 PM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Sometimes when Cathe does something like two sets of one-arm rows, I do two sets of double-arm rows (1st set while Cathe works her right side, second set while Cathe works her left), then fast forward past Cathe's second set to save time.
Great idea! Thanks for sharing.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-14, 04:35 PM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I was liking all the times until this one. Why does it have to be so long for back and bis and delts......Still looking forward to this set and the times of around 45 minutes are perfect. I also like the cardio ones are short.
I felt the same way! But, I might be able to skip a few exercises to shave off some time.

I pre-ordered back in July, and I was hoping this new series clocked in at 45 mins or less. So far -- with the exception of one workout -- I'm liking what I see!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 08:18 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Just a guess...I wonder if she does lots of single-arm exercises, like concentration curls, one-arm rows, single-arm rear delt raises - stuff like that. I'm wondering if that explains the longer workout times because she isn't working both sides at the same time (unlike bench presses, overhead extensions, etc.). Just a guess...

Good thinking Pascal, didn't think about all the one arm stuff she may be doing. I also like your idea of doubling up when Cathe is doing singles.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 12:09 PM  
Sultana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzbnmom View Post
This is from the thread over at Cathe's:

They really are completely different concepts. In contrast training (Lift it HiiT it - Legs) you do a weight exercise say for 10 reps and then immediately follow the weight exercise with a plyo exercise that is similar to the movement that you just did with a weight. Then you keep repeating this pattern.

The lower body circuit workout doesn't use the concept of contrast training. In HiiT Lower Body Circuit you will do several minutes of lower body cardio exercises before moving on to a weight section that can also last several minutes.

I put words in bold to help make it clearer. I hope it helps.

To me, the confusion stems from the term contrast training where the moves are similar (but not weighted so that is the contrast?)
And circuit training seems to be filled with contrast but is NOT considered contrast training.
I am looking forward to these workouts. Another vote for doubling up at least some of the unilateral moves whenever possible.
Sultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-14, 03:02 PM  
alydinva

They've started giving premix info!

Low Impact HiiT One and Two
This DVD features two workouts on the same DVD and includes 14 premixes. Each exercise (interval) is individually chaptered making it easy to skip an exercise or go anywhere in the DVD you would like to go.

LOW IMPACT Hiit One Premixes:
Premix #1: Extreme – Low Impact HiiT #1 - Double it
You will repeat all of the high intensity intervals in Low Impact HiiT One for an extreme workout. Includes warm up and stretch.

Premix #2: Extreme – Low Impact HiiT #1 and #2 Combined
You will do the warm up and all of the high intensity intervals from “Low Impact HiiT One” followed by all of the high intensity intervals from “Low Impact HiiT Two”.

Premix #3: First Half of Low Impact #1 and Last Half of Low Impact #2
After the warm up you will do the first half of the high intensity intervals from Low Impact HiiT One followed by the last half of the high intensity intervals from Low Impact HiiT Two.

Premix #4: First Half of Low Impact #2 and Last Half of Low Impact #1
After the warm up you will do the first half of the high intensity intervals from Low Impact HiiT Two followed by the last half of the high intensity intervals from Low Impact HiiT One.

Premix #5: Low Impact #1 + Abs #1
Includes the entire Low Impact HiiT One workout plus Bonus Abs One. The stretch follows the ab routine.

Premix #6: Low Impact #1 + Abs #2
Includes the entire Low Impact HiiT One workout plus Bonus Abs Two. The stretch follows the ab routine.

Premix #7: Scrambled Mix #1
This premix scrambles the high intensity intervals from both Low Impact HiiT One and Two. Includes warm up and stretch.

LOW IMPACT Hiit Two Premixes
Premix #1: Extreme – Low Impact HiiT #2 - Double it
You will repeat all of the high intensity intervals in Low Impact HiiT Two for an extreme workout. Includes warm up and stretch.

Premix #2: Extreme – Low Impact HiiT #2 and #1 Combined
You will do the warm up and all of the high intensity intervals from “Low Impact HiiT Two” followed by all of the high intensity intervals from “Low Impact HiiT One”.

Premix #3: First Half of Low Impact #2 and First Half of Low Impact #1
After the warm up you will do the first half of the high intensity intervals from Low Impact HiiT Two followed by the first half of the high intensity intervals from Low Impact HiiT One.

Premix #4: Last Half of Low Impact #2 and Last Half of Low Impact #1
After the warm up you will do the last half of the high intensity intervals from Low Impact HiiT Two followed by the last half of the high intensity intervals from Low Impact HiiT One.

Premix #5: Low Impact #2 + Abs #1
Includes the entire Low Impact HiiT Two workout plus Bonus Abs One. The stretch follows the ab routine.

Premix #6: Low Impact #2 + Abs #2
Includes the entire Low Impact HiiT Two workout plus Bonus Abs Two. The stretch follows the ab routine.

Premix #7: Scrambled Mix #2
This premix scrambles the high intensity intervals from both Low Impact HiiT Two and One. Includes warm up and stretch.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe hiit, cathe hiit workouts, new cathe workouts, new cathe workouts 2014, ripped with hiit